Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owners permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 51
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    18,268
    Rep Power
    0

    Well done Belgium - Burka banned from today

    BRUSSELS, July 23 (UPI) -- A ban against women wearing Muslim burqas and niqabs that cover their faces went into effect in Belgium Saturday.

    The new law carries a penalty on conviction of a $200 fine or as much as a week in jail, Deutsche Welle reported.

    Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-Ne...#ixzz1Sw9Uiq3X


  2. #2
    Trusted Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pangasinan
    Posts
    25,312
    Rep Power
    150
    Agree.

    .


  3. #3
    Moderator Arthur Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    City of Perth, Scotland
    Posts
    24,096
    Rep Power
    150
    ... is it REALLY all that important? I mean ... take a "look at the face" of the young man arrested for the shootings in Oslo ...

    ... his only "disguise" was a police uniform!


  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    18,268
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... is it REALLY all that important? I mean ... take a "look at the face" of the young man arrested for the shootings in Oslo ...

    ... his only "disguise" was a police uniform!
    That Somali creature who shot the WPC in Bradford escaped the country under a Burka as I think have Muslim extremists so in my book it is very important that people can't walk about with their faces concealed in public.

    If they want to get this sort of stone age garb on in the privacy of their own homes the it is up to them but certainly not publicly in a 21st Century Western Democracy


  5. #5
    Trusted Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pangasinan
    Posts
    25,312
    Rep Power
    150
    How on earth can this be acceptable in our society of 'equality' ...quite apart from any 'security' issues ?

    What a bunch of hypocritical cringing fools we have running our country.

    This sort of primitive nonsense is what feeds right wing extremists like the Norwegian murderer.


  6. #6
    Respected Member bornatbirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    98
    i would rather ban the wearing of lycra on overweight women
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!


  7. #7
    Respected Member bornatbirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    If they want to get this sort of stone age garb on in the privacy of their own homes the it is up to them but certainly not publicly in a 21st Century Western Democracy
    do you wear your chelsea top only at home
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!


  8. #8
    Respected Member Tawi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Cotabato.
    Posts
    9,137
    Rep Power
    150
    If I cant wear a motorbike helmet or balaclava when entering a bank why should an islamic female be able to wear a burka?Its an extreme example but perfectly reasonable,burkas are for repressing women,they really do have no other use whatsoever other than to keep your woman private and under control,good on Belgium,when do we ban it?



    Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.


  9. #9
    Respected Member bornatbirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    If I cant wear a motorbike helmet or balaclava when entering a bank why should an islamic female be able to wear a burka?Its an extreme example but perfectly reasonable,burkas are for repressing women,they really do have no other use whatsoever other than to keep your woman private and under control,good on Belgium,when do we ban it?
    if your wearing a burka you can be asked to remove it, cant see what the fuss is about.

    i wonder if jews will be asked to shave next?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!


  10. #10
    Respected Member Tawi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Cotabato.
    Posts
    9,137
    Rep Power
    150
    I KNEW you would take the bait BAB
    Shaving isnt an analogy at all,hair growth is natural,a burka isnt
    An islamic female entering a bank isnt asked to remove her veil,not in the UK,we are far too limp-wristed,as Ded pointed out thats why WPC Beshenivsky's killer Mustaf Jama donned a burka to walk unchallenged through Heathrow,the face veil has no use in this country whatsoever,when in rome respect the country your in and its values,get rid of the burka here



    Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.


  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    18,268
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    if your wearing a burka you can be asked to remove it, cant see what the fuss is about.

    i wonder if jews will be asked to shave next?
    Not a lot of point in asking an escaped bank robber or terrorist to remove it is there ?


  12. #12
    Respected Member bornatbirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I KNEW you would take the bait BAB
    same old topic being spammed in this forum thou, whats the fuss all about
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!


  13. #13
    Respected Member bornatbirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Not a lot of point in asking an escaped bank robber or terrorist to remove it is there ?
    how many have you seen or been reported in the news
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!


  14. #14
    Respected Member Tawi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Cotabato.
    Posts
    9,137
    Rep Power
    150
    how many have you seen or been reported in the news
    Off the top of my head I can think of 2 robberies carried out by guys wearing Burkas,one was actually on TV,maybe crimewatch a long time back



    Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.


  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    18,268
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    how many have you seen or been reported in the news
    Because you can't see them ?


  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    18,268
    Rep Power
    0
    Robber dons burka in Bury jeweller's shop raid

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/8665315.stm

    Three arrests in Burnley armed robbery probe

    11:01am Wednesday 29th June 2011

    THREE men have been arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a Burnley jewellers where one of the thieves was dressed in a burka.

    The men, aged 19, 24, 26, were arrested in Bolton yesterday morning.

    The robbery happened at Muzzaffar Jewellers in Brougham Street, Burnley on February 19, this year.

    The shop owner was duped into opening the locked door by someone ringing the shop bell dressed in a burka.

    http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...robbery_probe/


  17. #17
    Respected Member Tawi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Cotabato.
    Posts
    9,137
    Rep Power
    150
    Just did a quick search,there are quite a few Burka Bandits actually

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...es-stolen.html



    Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.


  18. #18
    Respected Member bornatbirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Because you can't see them ?
    exactly my point, show me the facts...according to tawi we have 2 yes just 2 reported crimes being committed wearing a burka, i think we should ban the wearing of the burka at the utmost of importance
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!


  19. #19
    Respected Member Tawi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Cotabato.
    Posts
    9,137
    Rep Power
    150
    according to tawi we have 2
    Thats incorrect i said off the top of my head i can THINK of two,there are lots more,i remember some in paris as well



    Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.


  20. #20
    Respected Member bornatbirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    98
    thats correct you posted 2 crimes

    btw are we going to ban the burka because a crime is committed in paris.

    we all know why we want the burka banned and it as nothing to do with crime.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!


  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    18,268
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    exactly my point, show me the facts...according to tawi we have 2 yes just 2 reported crimes being committed wearing a burka, i think we should ban the wearing of the burka at the utmost of importance
    Jury sees 21 July London Bomber 'burka escape'

    CCTV images of one of the 21 July bomb suspects apparently fleeing London in a Muslim veil have been shown in court.

    The jury at Woolwich Crown Court saw footage of Yassin Omar, 26, wearing a black full-length dress and burka with a handbag over his arm

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6378863.stm


  22. #22
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Marikina City
    Posts
    26,782
    Rep Power
    150
    Here's my view.
    Ban the burka by all means, but also ban motorbike helmets, unless you're actually riding a motorbike and ban balaclava's, hoodies and scarves over the face etc etc in any designated or pedestrianised area.
    That seems fair to me.


  23. #23
    Respected Member Tawi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Cotabato.
    Posts
    9,137
    Rep Power
    150
    thats correct you posted 2 crimes
    Would you like me to post some more



    Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.


  24. #24
    Respected Member bornatbirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Would you like me to post some more
    post as many as you like, still no reason to ban it.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!


  25. #25
    Respected Member Tawi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Cotabato.
    Posts
    9,137
    Rep Power
    150
    At the end of the day it serves one function only,thats to stop other guys looking at your wifes face and make her anonymous,thats it,simples it doesnt belong in a modern civilised country(and this country is indeed civilised compared to the likes of pakistan and afghanistan) I always adhere to the policy when in rome we no longer subjugate women in this country,burkas dont really have a place in a civilised society,what are they going to claim as their right next?Female circumcision?



    Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.


  26. #26
    Respected Member bornatbirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    98
    live and let live, i agree with what you say but theres far more things i would like to ban before the burka
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!


  27. #27
    Trusted Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pangasinan
    Posts
    25,312
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    post as many as you like, still no reason to ban it.


    .


  28. #28
    Respected Member Tawi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Cotabato.
    Posts
    9,137
    Rep Power
    150
    So whats the purpose of a burqa BAB?



    Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.


  29. #29
    Respected Member bornatbirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post


    .
    all alone in a room full of grumpy old men, agree
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!


  30. #30
    Respected Member bornatbirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    So whats the purpose of a burqa BAB?
    to be honest....im not that interested but what interests me why would anyone want it banned, by banning it what will it stop
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Burka fugitive is suing UK for 1m
    By Dedworth in forum Loose Talk, Chat and Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th November 2013, 20:55
  2. Angela Merkels Hesse State Bans the Burka
    By Dedworth in forum News - World
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 6th February 2011, 11:38

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Filipino Forum : Philippine Forum