Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

1Month now here in UK

Hello everyone! Thank u for all d help and support. Me and my daughter r already here in d u.k for a month now. We already have the NHS and i just received d council tax letter with my name written on it. We also submitted a form for the in-year admissions school and still waiting for their call after several follow ups. Anyway, my daughter might start her school by september. My fiance and i also submitted a form at d registrar office to book for our wedding and we got an appointment on july 28 then hopefully we could get a date for our wedding then. The type of visa that i have is a fiance visa with child dependant. Is there still any requirement that we need to provide before our wedding? And also, what is the next step aside from the flr after our wedding? I am just worried that i might forget something. Thank u and God bless u all!

welcome to the cludy UK JEN28..
    about you ques tion amsure there are members here who can answer that and give you some insight

hello there and welcome , after reading what you have done already i dont see anything short at all, just the invites for the wedding

hope your enjoying it

It's good to learn you're settling in nicely, Jen ... goodluck with the arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by jen28 View Post
    Hello everyone! Thank u for all d help and support. Me and my daughter r already here in d u.k for a month now. We already have the NHS and i just received d council tax letter with my name written on it. We also submitted a form for the in-year admissions school and still waiting for their call after several follow ups. Anyway, my daughter might start her school by september. My fiance and i also submitted a form at d registrar office to book for our wedding and we got an appointment on july 28 then hopefully we could get a date for our wedding then. The type of visa that i have is a fiance visa with child dependant. Is there still any requirement that we need to provide before our wedding? And also, what is the next step aside from the flr after our wedding? I am just worried that i might forget something. Thank u and God bless u all!
    Did you request for your NHS? And council tax letter? I am a bit confused on this one since I am also under fiance visa and here in UK for almost 2 months now. But I never done any nhs or tax letter your saying... Is that really important before the wedding coz they told me that is one of the requirement if your already married and under spouse visa already.. Anyone can answer me?

Quote Originally Posted by wytdoll View Post
    Did you request for your NHS? And council tax letter? I am a bit confused on this one since I am also under fiance visa and here in UK for almost 2 months now. But I never done any nhs or tax letter your saying... Is that really important before the wedding coz they told me that is one of the requirement if your already married and under spouse visa already.. Anyone can answer me?
    It's probably not essential to have both your names on Council Tax *Billings at this stage since you're not yet married ... and you'll most likely be changing your surname to that of your husband once you are; also, *these are normally sent out in March ... immediately prior to the start of each Local Authority's - in your case, I imagine Aberdeen City Council's - new Financial Year ... detailing a breakdown of the amount payable for the year ahead. Plus, I don't think they're necessary when applying for FLR [Further Leave to Remain] ... although it would do no harm to approach the Council to ask if it would be possible for them to have your fiance's present statement altered to include your own name temporarily. Apart from anything else, he'll be required by law to notify them of your presence ... since it'll affect the amount he's charged.

When applying for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain/Permanent Residence) - 2 years down the line - Council Tax Bills are of paramount importance, in so far as they are proof that you're still living together as a married couple.

Regarding NHS registration: simply go along with your fiance to his doctor's surgery ... taking your passport with you, and the process will be instigated by one of the practice receptionists.

Thanks a lot! I have another question if u dont mind guys, i just recevd d lettr re d in year admission of my daughter and have an appointment tomrw in school. It also indicated in d letter that my daughter can avail their free school transport. But according to our visa, "No Recourse to Public Funds". So my daughter is not allowed to use the free school transport? Many thanks!

Free school transport doesn't come under the remit of "Public Funds".

.... so she's ok to take the free bus
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    Free school transport doesn't come under the remit of "Public Funds".

.... so she's ok to take the free bus
    Thank u so much bluebirdjones!

Heloo everyone is nhs registration is necessary before getting married in uk or you can have it after marriages?

ybba,NHS registration is not a requirement for getting married!

It's not a requirement but best to rev with doctor its free treatment and another form of proof of address
    As life is to live so love is to give

thnks alanmf1 and alanp

Thread Information