Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    so much you have written there Scott, but i think you have hit the nail on the head concerning all out partners, well said,just not had that tampo yet, cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    faith can be a tricky thing i beleive, when we are in trouble we ask for his, her, its help, and when everything is going smooth do we even bother thinking about it, just my thoughs,
    forgive me if I didnt elaborate but I wasnt talking about religious people....I was referring to godly people....religious and godly are quite different....I dont have much trust with religious people coz many of them are hypocrites....I wasnt talking about my own faith, I was talking about faith of people I've meet in my life, faith that put me into shame for calling myself a Christian...they dont just pray and remember God when they have problems. God is part of their life, part of their routine, part of them. It's hard to explain really, I myself cant understand the faith that they have. I cant fully grasp it. I can understand now that it's possible for a person to be selfless.

Faith as you said is a tricky thing and a sensitive issue.....I believe in what I believe even if some of what I believe is contradicting to other religion's teachings.

I dont want to argue about that....I hope you dont mind if I clear something up....peace
    love makes life worth living

there is nothing to clear up or argue about , thsi is a forum where we can say what we feel and if someone dont agree well, life still goes on

a lot of war is waged on religion its not that i dont beleive i dont push it on others do away with religion and maybe we get peace but i dont think so my ex farther in law was a minister i saw and heard a lot of thats why i stopped going to church i was told your not to question the words in bible i said why

Banned
    Like - her loving ways
    Dislike - her jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    there is nothing to clear up or argue about , thsi is a forum where we can say what we feel and if someone dont agree well, life still goes on
    Totally agree with that

Respected Member
    What I like: Total devotion to her family back home, putting their well being before her own well being and happiness every time.

What I don't like: See What I like.

Quote Originally Posted by John.C View Post
    What I like: Total devotion to her family back home, putting their well being before her own well being and happiness every time.

What I don't like: See What I like.
    Is this a common issue?
    I had a bit of this with my ex wife actually she gave a lot of her effort and money to help her family (she did earn good income) but I did feel a bit left out sometimes.

Its a concern of mine when my Mahal comes to the UK.
    But what can be done? Without having a domestic I think its something you have to take or leave.. I dunno but the answer is something I'd be interested in hearing..
    Tone

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Is this a common issue?
    I had a bit of this with my ex wife actually she gave a lot of her effort and money to help her family (she did earn good income) but I did feel a bit left out sometimes.

Its a concern of mine when my Mahal comes to the UK.
    But what can be done? Without having a domestic I think its something you have to take or leave.. I dunno but the answer is something I'd be interested in hearing..
    Tone
    it all depends on your wifes and her families situation, i think its in all filipinos...what makes it worse is when the family put them on a guilt trip.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

My Mahal keeps has asked me what she can do for her family.
    I have explained she cant work and her brothers are gonna have to up their game but she doesn't get it.
    I don't want to bring her here and suddenly be asked to cough up!
    I'd rather just say stay there and earn for her family if that's what they want from her cos I don't wanna go through a lot of hassle!
    Both her mum/dad don't work, one brother works well the other doesn't but has family to support so I may be taking a leg away from a table that supports this family! And the dad doesn't care if my mahal has hervown family with me!

I'm at a crossroads and dont know what to do...

Trusted Member
    In my experience this family support issue is ONE of the most common reasons for relationships disintegrating.

Some Westerners just do not take seriously enough the obligation that most Filipinas feel under....until it is too late.

Utang na loob,I know at least one marriage thats sank after the wife got into more than £30k worth of debt,AND kept it hidden from hubbie for a while

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Sounds familiar.

OMG!

Trusted Member
    You've been warned.

Often it's "down tools everyone ...she's pulled a millionaire".

Expat Filipinas can also quickly become drawn into 'one-up-manship'.

[QUOTE=grahamw48;304178]You've been warned.

Often it's "down tools everyone' ...she's pulled a millionaire".

that was my fear , but after saying i was no millionair all is well here in the woolley household

one-up-manship
    Cant they just,worse are the fiesta-millionaires They struggle and strive all year to pay of their credit card bills si they can go back to pinas for fiesta and blow large amounts of cash,bestowing largess upon friends and family giving the ompression they have "Cracked it" then its back to the UK and nose to the grindstone for yet another year to pay off the utang

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

My honey had 11 years of working in Singapore and Hong Kong to get used to her families expectations and saw some of them waste every opportunuty she gave them. Fortunately even before I met ther she has learned to manage their expectations and wo betide any of them who let her generoity down.. example one nephew wanted to go to merchant navy school. she paid the fees upfront, bought the uniforms and paid his accomadation for the 1st semester and gave him an allowance. He got to drinking, paying for his mates, crashed out of college after 9 weeks. She did not to talk to him for 4 years. and he is still paying her back 100 pesos at at time.
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information