Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    can i just make a coment, personaly i think if you could aranged a venue where we could talk , dance and eat that would be up many peoples street but where i dont know, i would rather have a evening doing just that then a show, now who lives in a very large house that can accomadate us all,

the show is just for information, my intention would be a night out on Broad street/ Brindley place /Mailbox area.
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    can i just make a coment, personaly i think if you could aranged a venue where we could talk , dance and eat that would be up many peoples street but where i dont know, i would rather have a evening doing just that then a show, now who lives in a very large house that can accomadate us all,
    What about drink? We still have make up for not drinking the bar dry at fairways and bluewater!

I like Scott's idea of a night out on the town. But whatever others decide, we are happy to go with the flow.

Cheers for all the effort you have put in Scott and Arthur in organising this.

emmas converted me now steve, just a shandy man, or tea and coffee,

funny how you are thinking about doing something ,then someone mentions it, we are trying to book bluewater again this jan, but no joy yet,

Well, chaps ... seeing as this thread has been brought to the forefront once more ... let's try to keep it active in order to attract even MORE response. It'll save me having to message several hundred "regulars" apart from anything else.

what else have you to do with your time Arthur, and as you say yourself you are a night owl too, keeps your fingers active i say

emmas converted me now steve, just a shandy man, or tea and coffee,
    A Northerner being converted, first time in history its happened

funny how you are thinking about doing something ,then someone mentions it, we are trying to book bluewater again this jan, but no joy yet,
    Good luck mate, I had a look at the hotel complex in Fairways and Bluewater we stayed in back in March and the prices had doubled! Nice hotel though as it is away from the hustle and bustle. Madel and me said when we go back there again, try and get a hotel on White beach as thats where we were most of the time. Happy planning Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I couldnt go that far north arthur,it would make my nose bleed once I past Watford,I always remember the old "Its grim Oop north" mantra,besides,I have met a few forums members in the past,some of them just didnt realise it at the time
    come out on your sheel..a nose bleed it just means you have a bleeding heart

what else have you to do with your time Arthur, and as you say yourself you are a night owl too
    ... very true, Steve. I AM a bit of a "night owl" ... ! But I'm devoted to this forum - and all it stands for - and would dearly love to meet as many of my online friends as possible.

night owl ... keeps your fingers active i say
    Yup ... ... but even my "talons" are prone to writers' ... ... typists' cramp.

a good meal venue might be "around the world in 80 dishes" on Broad Street, same concept as the chinese buffet restuarants but has many more cusuines, Italian, Mexican, Thai, spanish etc, food is okay, venue is very nice and very close to the hotel. i think they are aabout Ł16 a head buy one is half price before 6pm on Saturday.. we were there befor going to see Bridesmaids a couple of weeks ago... the Japanese/Chinese/Thai chef is a Filipino called Roberto hehehehehe

roberto hehehehehehe thats a greats name, just like mini haha

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... very true, Steve. I AM a bit of a "night owl" ... ! But I'm devoted to this forum - and all it stands for - and would dearly love to meet as many of my online friends as possible.
    nice words there Arthur, i too think this forum is a very good place to be, so many good people and now great friends,long may it last, our home is open to many on here if they are pasting and if we get on they can stay over , we have made some very very good friends and we call most days to see how each other are , in fact its like having new brothers and sisters, true friends you know that are there through thick and thin,i hope they find me and emma that way too

Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    a good meal venue might be "around the world in 80 dishes" on Broad Street, same concept as the chinese buffet restuarants but has many more cusuines, Italian, Mexican, Thai, spanish etc, food is okay, venue is very nice and very close to the hotel. i think they are aabout Ł16 a head buy one is half price before 6pm on Saturday.. we were there befor going to see Bridesmaids a couple of weeks ago... the Japanese/Chinese/Thai chef is a Filipino called Roberto hehehehehe
    Too true and you also have Jimmy Spices as well with the same concept plus theres loads of bars & discos on Broad St that we could venture to after the meal??

If I come I'll be all on my lonesome as my mahal won't be here in time

never alone jamie, we are here

to all of you who've kept this thread "alive"! But we've gotta keep on "cracking the whip" ...

its the chocolate thats tempting

at the moment im just making a note of interest,,,,,,,,, its the chocolate tempting me

would be great to meet in person the friends here that iv respected for all the honest straight opinions and advice , not to forget the laughs,

though if i do , il be on my own + the distance is a bit off putting

its quite a way to go, about 7 and half hours by train from aberdeen,plus almost an hour to aberdeen,
    alternatively i think theres flights aberdeen to Birmingham,

would be so nice to see my co- forumer face to face

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post

its the chocolate tempting me ...
    ME too, Stuart! Wonder if Cadbury give out free samples to "fruit & nut" cases like me?

the distance is a bit off putting

its quite a way to go, about 7 and half hours by train from aberdeen, plus almost an hour to aberdeen,
    alternatively i think theres flights aberdeen to Birmingham,
    it's a long way to go for those of us from up North ... but since we "Jocks" are very much in the minority on here, I'd hoped that somewhere like Birmingham - while not altogether equidistant for everyone - being in the so-called 'Midlands' (of England - where most of our [British] members are domiciled) might spark GREATER [overall] interest. Seemed the fairest arrangement all round!

ME too, Stuart! Wonder if Cadbury give out free samples to "fruit & nut" cases like me?

it's a long way to go for those of us from up North ... but since we "Jocks" are very much in the minority on here, I'd hoped that somewhere like Birmingham - while not altogether equidistant for everyone - being in the 'Midlands' (of England ... where most of our [British] members are domiciled) might spark GREATER [overall] interest. Seemed the fairest arrangement.
    if theres free samples i would take a big bag

yes your quite right Arthur, im in full agreement that is the fairest location

at the moment im just making a note of interest,,,,,,,,,

would be great to meet in person the friends here that iv respected for all the honest straight opinions and advice , not to forget the laughs,

though if i do , il be on my own
    It would be GREAT if you're ABLE to manage, Stuart. And you certainly WON'T be on your own - not even while travelling down - because Myrna and me will be going by train ... and we could make arrangements to meet up at Perth! Anyway, mate, I'll leave you to think about it.

if theres free samples i would take a big bag
    Aye ... me as well! At least if we go by train (and there's an hourly service between Aberdeen & Perth!) we won't be penalised for excess baggage - or stopped by Customs - on account of being laden down with free samples for demolishing on the return journey.

It would be GREAT if you're ABLE to manage, Stuart. And you certainly WON'T be on your own - not even while travelling down - because Myrna and me will be going by train ... and we could make arrangements to meet up at Perth! Anyway, mate, I'll leave you to think about it.
    thanks Arthur, sounds good to me, would be great to be in good company for the journey

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    would be so nice to see my co- forumer face to face
    Yup ... ... m(o)y sentiments entirely.

well perhaps for you chocaholics I could ask one of our friends in the filipino community who is a nurse at cadburys own care home and has a pass for the staff shop.... much cheaper than the visitors shop. has things like miswrapped boxes, dented tins, and the like,but sooooo cheap, we often ask her to take us when we are leading up to some sort of kids party or need giveaway prizes at events etc. I could make a couple of visits over the coming weeks and make up some boxes yummy

Again ... profuse s to Scott for the *mouthwatering suggestions he continues to put forward to "whet members' appetites" ... and - MOST IMPORTANTLY - for his efforts in provisionally booking what has every indication of being an ideal and inexpensive venue for those of us having to travel considerable distances in order to be there.

I had hoped that, by now, the response would've been *choc(k)-a-block [pun intended!]. Clearly this ain't gonna be the case ... but to those who have taken the trouble to reply - one way OR the other - my thanks also. I would, however, reiterate that the more of us who CAN come along ... the cheaper it will be all round. So ... if anyone here still happens to be in touch with any of our lapsed - NOT banned (obviously!) - members ... then do spread the word.

just agreed to extend my current contract for another month but will be in Gdasnk from Tuesday to Saturdays so have not so much time to organise stuff if we want this event to have an organised feel to it.. happy just to meet up and decide at the time, but a large group on weeekends it i advisable to book restuarants so can I ask for some formal conformations so I can put names to the hotel reservations. Just PM me so I have the booking surname for the room and confirm if you need extra beds , cots etc. I would like to firm this up in the next two weeks so please PM me.. Now off to get bag ready .my flight is 0650 so 0530 check in tomorrow

Scott was kind enough to bring this thread to my attention; can't believe I missed it.

The prospect of having a fun time together sounds fantastic. Unfortuntely, the weekend in question 1st and 2nd October requires me to be in MK on the Saturday evening (a colleagues 50th and celebration of beating cancer party) and Sunday in Leeds where I will be a ninong at a christening. Hmmmn! We'll find a way to be there; we'll probably come for the day - post Marikit's sort of dance lesson on Saturday.

Great initiative Arthur and Scott!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information