Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar

Unhappy URGENT advice please..one problem after another...

im feeling so frustrated and down as i face problems with my application for spouse visa. I am waiting for my passport to be released on the 12th of september and still waiting for the embassy to answer our querries regarding me using my old passport. But while i am having that problem another one arises and its really making me and my husband so frustrated!

my hubby been on sick for a almost two months now and he was paid full for the last month but not this month. So problem is we are now financially in trouble. We do not want to use the savings as it is save for the visa. and he is thinking of using the socials to seek for help. IS THIS A USE OF PUBLIC FUNDS? and what we did is borrow money off his mum and put in to his account. will this give us problems on our application?please anyone can help me with this?

if hes a uk national born in uk hes entitled to sick pay from work its not much as long as he gives sick notes in if he gives up work it could be a while before he gets paid if your passport is still valid you should be able to use it as long as its go 6 months remaing as most wont let you travel with less hope any this helps get him ask hes employer about stat sick pay

Yes it would be use of public funds (if social paid him anything?) ..

If you borrow money they will just ignore it, the embassy will assume its borrowed money and will just not take it into account with the application ..its history they require ..they want to ensure that your husband can support you on a weekly basis from his weekly/monthly earnings..

I know the feeling ..after spending almost 12months in the Philippines over the last 2yrs i am now back in England having to work and save hard for the visa applications ..it gets very lonely and difficult at times eh ..i am sure you will work things out ..God bless

There is no problem if the UK citizen spouse is living on benefits

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    There is no problem if the UK citizen spouse is living on benefits
    does this mean that the use of public funds pertains to the wife of a UK CITIZEN terpe? i got it all wrong then, i thought my husband too should not recourse to public funds.

my husband has been out of work for the last two months as he is recovering for his back problems. and he is only paid for company and sick pay so he is not getting full pay and he will be back till the 28th of this july for work so that means he will not have much money and we are afraid if that happens he might get overdrawn, and WE DONT WANT THAT, we have worked so hard not to GET OD and we cant just let it happen just for one month and ruin our chances for visa so that is why he opted to seek advice from the social and i do not know if they will lend him money or what yet. Will it be a problem if its his mum putting in money on his current account? how do we go about explaining this to the embassy???

Quote Originally Posted by myliitlehaven07 View Post
    does this mean that the use of public funds pertains to the wife of a UK CITIZEN terpe? i got it all wrong then, i thought my husband too should not recourse to public funds.
    Take a look here at this recent thread. It should answer your 'Public Funds' and allowed claims questions.

Thread Information