Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Appeal has been lodged at the AIT by the lawyer,does it mean waiting longer?

Hello everyone,

sorry if i have to post n ew thread,i just want other people to see it rather than adding to my old thread.

Our Lawyer has lodged our appeal for our daughter on monday july 4th but he lodged it at the AIT. i told my husband to tell him to lodge it straight to the ECO in manila but i guess with too much going on, he must have forgotten to tell him.
    he said not to worry coz it will be electronically pass on to the ECO in manila but reading other post about how just in few days they recieved calls or email from the ECO already, i am a bit worried that it will take much longer as the lawyer said it might take 3-6 weeks before it will be forwarded to manila.

can we still do something about it? or thats it, we have to wait for weeks before we can know how it all goes?

i feel like im going to have another relapse, please help!!!!!!!!

I assume your husband hired a solicitor from the UK to deal with the refusal in the PH, yes it will take longer(AIT) because they will send an appeal from the UK to the PH...i would suggest You to send a copy furnish of all your additional documents(refusal letter from ECO,additional proofs/documents/letter of reconsideration from both the sponsors) with the British Embassy in Manila(where the refusal was issued) , you can do this by post or by email. heres the link for address/email and contact numbers.
    hope it helps and hope you sort it out soon.

http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk...ssy/contact-us
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

just hope the ECO manager overturns the refusal, not sure the AIT will allow an extra evidence, as the refusal by the embassy was based on the evidence you submitted at that time, but we can hope they will
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    I assume your husband hired a solicitor from the UK to deal with the refusal in the PH, yes it will take longer(AIT) because they will send an appeal from the UK to the PH...i would suggest You to send a copy furnish of all your additional documents(refusal letter from ECO,additional proofs/documents/letter of reconsideration from both the sponsors) with the British Embassy in Manila(where the refusal was issued) , you can do this by post or by email. heres the link for address/email and contact numbers.
    hope it helps and hope you sort it out soon.

http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk...ssy/contact-us
    thanks sars,
    i will copy this mail to my husband so he can read it and we can act quick.

thank you so much

yw gift, hope you get a good result this time..good luck again

sars_notd_virus

my husband called the AIT in london and they said they have 9 days backlog so they will be most likely to get into the appeals submitted on the 4th of july towards the end of next week.he also called the british embassy in manila and they said we can submit to them what we've submitted to the AIT as long as its still within the 28 day.today our solicitor will email us all the docz and i will send it tomorrow so it can be there on thursday. we are just praying for a positive result this time.

thank you for your advice and to all others who gave their advice also.
    this forum is truly very helpful and its really a very friendly forum.

May God bless you all

Quote Originally Posted by gift View Post
    sars_notd_virus

May God bless you all
    God Bless you, too!! I'm not familiar with the appeals' procedure ... but wish you all the best with it!

thanks arthur

sars_notd_virus

my husband called the AIT in london and they said they have 9 days backlog so they will be most likely to get into the appeals submitted on the 4th of july towards the end of next week.he also called the british embassy in manila and they said we can submit to them what we've submitted to the AIT as long as its still within the 28 day.today our solicitor will email us all the docz and i will send it tomorrow so it can be there on thursday. we are just praying for a positive result this time.

thank you for your advice and to all others who gave their advice also.
    this forum is truly very helpful and its really a very friendly forum.

May God bless you all
    unfortunately, the solicitor failed to emailed us the appeal letter and the documents he submitted with the AIT today so it means, i wont have enough time to make new appeal letter to send to the ECO in manila on time.the 28 days will end on the 18th.
    we are so frustrated but we have to make another plan which is, for me and the boys to go back to the UK without their sister then i will continue from there. maybe when we gather enough funds again, we will reapply but at the moment,i have no clue as to what to do.

I thought you send a letter of reconsideration already ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

no, i told my husband this is what we need to send but the solicitor did what he wanted to do and here we are now.
    he sent an appeal letter to the AIT on july 4th and AIT has a 9 days backlog and when i told him i wanted to send the appeal and the additional documents and the letter of reconsideration to the ECO in manila as when hubby called the manila embassy, they said we can send it to them as long as the 28 days has not elapsed yet.

should i just make a letter of reconsideration myself and send it to the ECO?if i send it tomorrow before 11am philippine time, it will arrive on friday at the embassy.

please helppp

no, i told my husband this is what we need to send but the solicitor did what he wanted to do and here we are now.
    he sent an appeal letter to the AIT on july 4th and AIT has a 9 days backlog and when i told him i wanted to send the appeal and the additional documents and the letter of reconsideration to the ECO in manila as when hubby called the manila embassy, they said we can send it to them as long as the 28 days has not elapsed yet.

should i just make a letter of reconsideration myself and send it to the ECO?if i send it tomorrow before 11am philippine time, it will arrive on friday at the embassy.

please helppp
    solicitor said yesterday that he will email us the documents to send to manila but he didnt

i thought you sent a letter of reconsideration because you posted that the ECO had said you had not sent the appeal form yet ? or am i getting mixed up with someone else ??

joe, maybe i confused you

do u think its wise to write a letter of reconsideration myself and send it to the ECO?i also have the copies of all the original documents and the appeal form.(coz i only emailed scanned copies to the solicitor)he also emailed me the appeal letter he wrote that he sent to the AIT.
    is there any hope for us joe?im trying to stay positive but u know how difficult it is especially if the funds are so limited.

you should have sent the letter of reconsideration asap when you got the refusal, you probably would have found out the result of your letter within a few days,

if the result was still a refusal you should have then appealed, or appealed if you had not heard from them b4 your 28 days were up..

when you appeal anyway, the eco manager should review your case, and could over turn the refusal then or it could go to AIT.

not sure its worth doing the letter now as your 28 days are nearly up, and hopefully the ECO manager will overturn it when they get your appeal form

thats what i kept on telling my husband but he kept on saying the solicitor knows what he's doing but no point blaming now.
    thanks joe for the hlp. greatly appreciated

thats what i kept on telling my husband but he kept on saying the solicitor knows what he's doing but no point blaming now.
    thanks joe for the hlp. greatly appreciated
    solicitors want your business and

joe, maybe i confused you

do u think its wise to write a letter of reconsideration myself and send it to the ECO?i also have the copies of all the original documents and the appeal form.(coz i only emailed scanned copies to the solicitor)
    gift, send the originals and the appeal form on a fast delivery by post and email the embassy if they received it on time. nothing to lose!! give it a try

my husband has been calling the AIT everyday and they might be working on it today, and hopefully it can be electronically pass on to the ECO right away.
    i was going to send it fast track yesterday but when my husband called the AIT and they said that they are working on the 30th of june already,he thought, we will just wait for it to be pass on the the ECO as they said they will do it electronically.

an appeal could take many months, your only hope is that the ECO manager over turns the refusal.

time line here

http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/c...r/faq.htm#FAQ6

AIT said they have sent the documents to manila yesterday monday. so just like what joe said, we are just praying that the ECO will overturn the decision.

Thread Information