Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

been away for over a year, will i have immigration problem when i come back?

hello everyone again,

i have been in the philippines for over a year now trying to sort out my daughters visa.unfortunately the application was refused and now we have lodged our appeal and by God's muchless grace, we believe it will be overturn.
    im just wondering if i will have any immigration problem when we come back?i have ILR. any fees i have to payor anyhting like that?

many thanks

no if you have ilr you will not have a problem, as long as your not out of the uk 2yrs or more in one trip your fine

did you make it clear in your visa app that you have been lving with your daughter 1yr and you and only you make the decisons that effect her life ..

i'm surprised that your visa was refused, thou i dont know what your daughter told the embassy, maybe they got the inpression he still is involved in her life..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

my wife was away 14 months just after getting her ILR. just a couple of questions at the counter when she came back. no problem unless as Joe says you are out more than 2 years
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

thanks joe and scoot&ligaya.

joe, we included that in our appeal letter. yes, ur right they had an impression that he still have contacts with her based on the interview when she said that he gave her money when she asked for it but she didnt explain that it was only few pesos for phone credits and that is once in a blue moon if u know what i mean.the last time was december 2009.

we're just praying that the ECO will find our case compelling enough coz she said my daughter's case is it compelling enough.

it's all in God's hands now and we're just hoping for the best.

thank you all

good luck with the reconsideration
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

thanks joe

Thread Information