Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie (Restricted Access)

First Date Tips?

Hi there people,

I just joined up so I can ask for some first date tips. I am going out on a first date with a beautiful Filipina girl next week and wondered if anybody had any pointers/tips.

I think a lot of people on here started with a long distance relationship but this isn't like that. This girl (well, mid 20's woman) lives 20 miles or so from me, she is really sweet. She works and goes to college etc.

She has only been in England 6 months but we started chatting online a few weeks ago and really enjoy getting to know each other. We speak every night, text each other etc and we have decided to have a lunch date.

By English standards she is very demure and lady like, not at all forward, which is nice, I can tell that, if this date goes well, it will be a very old fashioned courtship.

For the date I have decided we will just spend a few hours together, have lunch/a meal and chat, see how well we get along in person. At least that way if we don't click it is just a few hours and some food so it won't be awkward... She is really lovely though, and I like to think I am a good guy so I am sure we will get along great.

Anyway, I just wondered if anybody had any ideas, pointers, on how to make it go smoothly.

She doesn't drink so I am obviously not going to. I am certainly not going to try and kiss her or anything, it will all be completely gentlemanly and above board... Still, any magic advice will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

I am certainly not going to try and kiss her or anything, it will all be completely gentlemanly and above board
    Well,thats put a dampers on the evening from the start
    Theres no special formula,she is a woman right?Treat her as you would an english girl of similar character,easy

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Haha, you can't kiss a Catholic girl on a first date! That would be grounds for her to lay the slaps down.

But yeah, I suppose I shall just be my usual self and hope it goes well... Nervous though, she is so damn lovely!!

Hi to you LBD

personally for me A first date is loaded with expectancy – will she/he like me and will I like them? Is this person going to be the “One” or will I want to run for the hills before the starter? Will I do or say the right thing or will I totally embarrass myself? Will we get physical and if so, will there be any chemistry between us? Will we have anything to talk about and if not, how will we get through the evening?

It is definitely possible to think too much about a first date. The key is to relax, enjoy yourself and not to analyse everything too much. Regardless of whether you hit it off, wouldn’t it be great if you could both say that you had a good experience? So, how can you make sure that your first date is the best it can be (even if it turns out to be your only date together)? Here are some suggestions on what to do and what not to do. Lastly Take time to get to know the other person before getting too emotionally or physically involved with them. Sex is a powerful bonder and if you sleep together on the first date it may blind you to any fundamental problems between you. It helps if you can establish that there’s more to the relationship than just chemistry before ripping off each other’s clothes. We all know people who have had a passionate affair with someone only to “wake up” two months later and realise that they don’t even like the person and that they have nothing in common with them.

Equally, don’t get too emotionally involved too quickly. Saying “I love you” on the first date isn’t romantic – it’s a bit creepy (unless you’ve known them a long time).

Goodluck

just be yourself , but make sure you listen aswell as talking,a peck on the cheak wont go amiss either when meeting, goodluck

Cheers

Haha, there is NO WAY she would even consider sex on a first date. For a start she is pretty religious, but even with that aside I can tell she isn't 'that kind' of girl.

I think choosing the right place to take her is the hardest thing. I never have any problems with conversation so that should be OK. I was thinking for a Thai meal, just because I know a decent Thai restaurant, and then maybe for a short walk by the river if the weather is nice.

In fact, I don't know why I even asked the question... I am going to be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine Hahaha

Respected Member
    LBD
    Just treat the lady with the same respect as would do with an English girl. She may be a little shy if she has only been in the country for six months so put her at ease and enjoy the date. Talk to her about her life and about Philippines,just go on your lunch date with cautious optimism and see how things progress.
    Best wishes and let us know how things went

Yup, I will definitely keep you all posted... It's not until next weekend though so got a while yet.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    Yup, I will definitely keep you all posted... It's not until next weekend though so got a while yet.
    LBD
    Google about for half an hour. get some info about Philippines. Geography,Climate.History etc.
    A little info will put you in good standing,you dont need to be an expert any small knowledge will
    help

good luck

Cheers

Haha, there is NO WAY she would even consider sex on a first date. For a start she is pretty religious, but even with that aside I can tell she isn't 'that kind' of girl.

I think choosing the right place to take her is the hardest thing. I never have any problems with conversation so that should be OK. I was thinking for a Thai meal, just because I know a decent Thai restaurant, and then maybe for a short walk by the river if the weather is nice.

In fact, I don't know why I even asked the question... I am going to be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine Hahaha
    Some people have a habit of saying certain things when they meet someone (or on a first date) that hurt them much more than they may think. One common type of such information that people are tempted to share is their negative dating experiences.
    Having said the above, I must acknowledge that like women, men are also susceptible to social pressure and general opinion and are not likely to take seriously a woman who they had sex the same day they met her. Some of them will assume that if you slept with them on a first date, this means that you routinely sleep with a guy you just met, which isn’t something that will make a guy perceive you as a long term relationship partner. Thus, if you are determined to try and develop a relationship with a guy, you are better off postponing physical intimacy until after the first date.It is generally believed that a guy who has sex with a woman on their first date won’t think much of her and won’t likely to be interested in her in the long term, as he didn’t “invest” very much in getting intimate with that woman. While there is some truth to this, and generally, having sex with someone you got to know and feel closer emotionally is more meaningful than sex driven by pure physical attraction, there are exceptions to this.

Hi,
    you are lucky that you have found a Filipina in the UK that wants a genuine relationship.
    some can aim a lot higher here than they might at home.

Take it easy and enjoy
    Mick.

well said Mick and is very true indeed

men are also susceptible to social pressure and general opinion and are not likely to take seriously a woman who they had sex the same day they met her.
    In times of famine,if someone offers a banquet its churlish to look that particular gifthorse in the mouth

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    In times of famine,if someone offers a banquet its churlish to look that particular gifthorse in the mouth

Cheers

Why not ask her beforehand about the kinds of foods she enjoys the most, or the kinds of foods she avoids? Could be awkward if once you're seated at the table she tells you Thai food is not her favorite.

Is there any oriental buffet style resto in the area? That might be a be more relaxed. Then take note of the types of food and cooking she chooses as a good pointer for the next time.

I would certainly check if she likes Thai food they maybe next door to one another relatively speaking but they are very different cultures and people from Experience..

My Wife and her Phill friends go to Indian Resturants now and then and we have seen other Phills in them. But seen plenty in Nandos and similar. Seen plenty of Fillipinos in Chinese Restaurants which might be a better better bet if it was me. If you go to a good Chinese Resturant you can still get the hot spicy Szechuan dishes but other milder dishes available if that's not her cup of tea.

Many Phills I know DO NOT like Spicy food as a rule so please be warned.. Of course some love Thai food or at least some of it.. But be careful of the implications, many asian girls (as do other girls from other races) don't like guys noticing her race and background and thinking of stereotypes for that race..

But saying that isn't that like her saying oh you look white so I thought you like some snails and horse as those french look like you and pretty nearby

Bring up favorite dishes (ask on here once you have heard some if phill dishes so people can tell you what other types of dishes they might be similar to) and ones you both like to try. Maybe try middle eastern, Italian, Greek, west Indian ( a west Indian lady who came to Hounslow Barrio fiesta where lots of Filipino foods can be bought and eaten with the wife and her friends commented so many of the dishes very similar) something neither of you try so your both trying a new experience?

One thing is for sure typically Phills are obsessive about food and meals so worth making sure its thought about with you both in mind.

Oh one point is do bear in mind that she is possibly far away from home in alien culture working very hard and of course studying. Keep the conversation light and possibly be careful and notice how she reacts to talking about back home we are all different and she might not want to talk about due to homesickness but then again she may want to.

If things do go well do bear in mind most of her money she has spare will most likely be sent home to look after family (hard to say of course as i don't know her situation) and also her Visa will most likely mean she can't go outside of the UK. She may also have concerns about her Visa and workplace (again i don't know her Job and visa situation)
    In case for some reason you chat about going abroad for some reason during the conversation.

Do bear in mind when choosing a place to go she may not be blessed with a huge amount of money to "Glam up" so check though your chats where she feels comfortable..

For example while my Wife loves like we all do expensive restaurants and to a degree we can afford to go if we choose. We prefer to go to cheaper ones as a rule so the money we save can be sent to the folks back home for treats for them.. Not saying you should do this but just trying to explain the possible mentality of the young Pinay..

What ever happens enjoy the day/evening
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Why not ask her beforehand about the kinds of foods she enjoys the most, or the kinds of foods she avoids? Could be awkward if one you're seated at the table she tells you Thai food is not her favorite.

Is there any oriental buffet style resto in the area? That might be a be more relaxed. Then take note of the types of food and cooking she chooses as a good pointer for the next time.

Agree, I'd avoid the Thai food and go for something like Chinese/Oriental Buffet, Nandos, Pizza, Tex Mex. Dress smartly, showered, shaved, bit of mens smelly stuff. Drink in moderation. Respect her conservative ways. Good luck

Hi there people,

I just joined up so I can ask for some first date tips. I am going out on a first date with a beautiful Filipina girl next week and wondered if anybody had any pointers/tips.
    as a filipina its a big ''turn on'' if the guy is good smelling,clean teeth and fingers..
    so thats it,...smile and be yourself.
    goodluck on your first date!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

well said sars_notd-virus..very true indeed

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    Hi,
    you are lucky that you have found a Filipina in the UK that wants a genuine relationship.
    some can aim a lot higher here than they might at home.
    OUCH!!! What do you mean by that?? I don't think she is slumming it by dating me! Haha.

That said, here is one concern: I am from the ghetto! Haha, not so much any more. I grew up in a sink estate full of villainy and crime but I have since dragged myself up out of that, been to university and got a good job. I have civilised myself. Still, sometimes with English girls they still like a hyper-masculine man and I have to call on my lower-class roots to meet the expectation. Western girls like a 'rough around the edges' fella. Where do Phil girls stand on that kind of thing? Usually I am really polite and conscientious but I don't want to come across as 'Too Nice'.

Any views on that?

And yeah, I have checked with her about what food she likes. She said she doesn't like anything TOO spicy, so I have ruled out Indian food (even though Korma exists). I know Thais have lots of mild dishes though so it should be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    as a filipina its a big ''turn on'' if the guy is good smelling,clean teeth and fingers..
    so thats it,...smile and be yourself.
    goodluck on your first date!!
    If she smells your Armpits your in
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Trick question, how many chances do you have at a first impression? Well, not so much of a trick question, because “first” means “one”, so that’s it, just one shot at nailing a first impression. No pressure though, right? Well, wrong actually. We don’t have time machines to redo a first impression either so you really have to get it down and do your homework before going out on a date with a beautiful girl.

A girl can size you up in a matter of seconds. That being said, make sure you groom and fix your appearance. You don’t want to go to a date in ripped jeans, smelly armpits, and messy bed hair, right? Find a nice button down shirt, trim your facial hair, use some nice cologne and find some nice, clean shoes. Appearance means a lot as this is the first thing your date will see before you even get a chance to open your mouth.
    Finally, don’t keep her waiting. Show up on time or in fact, show up early to the date. If you are running late and it is an emergency, call her and let her know your new estimated time of arrival. Being late to a date ruins your first impression before you even get there, so make sure you are punctual and stick to your agreement.

Follow these important tips before you venture out on your first date with a new girl and you should be fine at least with the first impression. The night should flow and the conversations should work out themselves. Once you have the first impression down, you can focus on having fun and enjoy learning about your new date.

if she licks them your naked I did a thread on Pinays sniffing 'pits once and was shot down in flames by the old fuddy-duddies of the site
    If your nervous LBD i will go as your proxy,I will give you a blow-by-blow account of the date and a good time will be had by all(especially me and her)

Dating experts suggest that women should not dress too sexy on for a first date. Avoid exposing too much cleavage or fishnet stockings unless you are sure you want to have sex on the first date

Western girls like a 'rough around the edges' fella. Where do Phil girls stand on that kind of thing? Usually I am really polite and conscientious but I don't want to come across as 'Too Nice'.

Any views on that?

You dont have to be ''too nice'' ..just be gentle

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    hahahaha Definitely!! but its awkward to smell somebody elses armpit on a first date???

Western girls like a 'rough around the edges' fella. Where do Phil girls stand on that kind of thing?
    Pinays like a guy who is a bit bugoy

in other word "maginoo pero medyo bastos"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information