Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Philippine Immigration, My G.F. Fiancé / Settlement Visa, and MONEY!!

Will my gf be required to prove he has money or show money to the Philippine Immigration officials?

She's travelling on a Fiancé / Settlement Visa....... I think that if travelling on a Visit / Holiday Visa, people have to show they have sufficient funds for their trip.

Am I correct in assuming that in the case of Settlement Visas this is not the case and that she will not be required to show money??

MANY THANKS
    DAVE

can't say i have heard of this....

btw how do you prove you have money..

you mean, she already as her fiance visa and is coming here
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Thanks for your reply. I guess I was thinking about this thread :-

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ration+refused

It appears it was a "Visit Visa" the person was travelling on............

I just wondered if anyone has heard of anything similar with regard to travelling on a "Settlement/Fiancé Visa"

I guess I'm just being a little paranoid....... I won't settle until I see her walking through the arrivals doors at Manchester Airport.

Dave
    I have raised this same questions with my Lawyers in Manila and will let you know what I hear back. They are aware that even with all the papers some girls dont get out miss flights etc.
    Now they have not said what visa these people had but I am under the impression a visit and settlement visa should and would be viewed totally different.

You're not alone being paranoid mate - I am too but I'm still stuck on waiting for a TOEIC pass for the speaking test!
    According to the post you mention a letter from you stating you are covering all costs when you land is all that is needed.

I am potentially going to fly to Manila and bring my Mahal back after a couple of nights in Manila partying! Lets see..

Tone

Trusted Member
    If she's being SPONSORED on a fiancee visa, then the sponsor is the one who has had to prove adequate finances for her stay, and ultimately for the first couple of years if the couple do marry.

So, as long as she has the departure tax and (I think) the travel tax...no probs.

Respected Member
    Due to Philippines inclusion in UN Human Trafficking monitor under tier 2,there is intense scrutiny on travellers,particularly single filipinas travelling overseas on a recently issues passport. A check of your gf's passport and visa will confirm her purpose for travel and satisfy the BI. There will be no requirement to show any money as it will be obvious to the agent that correct documentation is in order.
    My wife and I were making a trip to Dubai last year and a BI agent worked his way down the check-in line examining documentation and asking questions.

Hi dave my jen was not asked to show any evidence of money when she left to come here on the 17th on a fiancee visa so do not worry
    Alan
    As life is to live so love is to give

Again...... many thanks for the replies.
    I think she should be OK, she has the relevant settlement visa + CFO sticker
    It seems the closer we get to her flying (3rd July) the more nervous I'm becoming.... I won't feel 100% confident until I see walking through the arrivals doors !!

Quote Originally Posted by New Shoes View Post
    Again...... many thanks for the replies.
    I think she should be OK, she has the relevant settlement visa + CFO sticker
    It seems the closer we get to her flying (3rd July) the more nervous I'm becoming.... I won't feel 100% confident until I see walking through the arrivals doors !!
    Hey New Shoes, time to get everywhere 'spick n span' in full readiness

Thread Information