Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Fitness posts here

Shall we use this thread for our updates
    Here is my latest one

Trusted Member
    Oops ...sorry, thought this was about women.

Respected Member
    I bought a multi gym from Argos last year with the intention of turning my garage into a gym and using it on a regular basis. It's been assembled for about a year, I used it once last July and since then it's just been an obstacle in my garage
    I usually do a 6 week exercise programme 6 - 8 weeks before I head out to the Phil's so that my gut doesn't hang over my shorts when I'm on the beach. Nothing too strenuous, 50 - 100 sit ups a day and about 100 press ups a day. It's something fairly simple that can be done in the house, without any equipment and 20 or so minutes spare every day. Jogging or cycling is far too ambitious for me.
    Anyway, I got home from work a bit early today, dusted the multigym off and spent half an hour on that, so I should think I won't be able to move my arms, neck, shoulders or back for the rest of this week

I'm not looking to turn myself into a nightclub doorman type with muscles on muscles, I just want to tone myself up and burn a few pounds off, so I'm going for repetitions rather than outright weight lifted.

Trusted Member
    Anyway, I got home from work a bit early today, dusted the multigym off and spent half an hour on that, so I should think I won't be able to move my arms, neck, shoulders or back for the rest of this week
    Could be worse...I feel like that WITHOUT taking any exercise.

Actually I was a regular gym attendee at one time - 3 or 4 times a week, plus a York 2001 home gym in the kitchen.
    Then I was working on construction sites and tunnelling until well into my forties.

Now my son is really into the body-building, and looks super fit and strong.

MUST go and get back into shape !!!

can you measure the time and distance from my bed to sofa and the hike in heart beat to pick up the remote to turn the tv on, i think im turning into homer simpson
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

For most of my life I have used free weights,then a mulitgym and between the ages of 20-40 was quite fit and had plenty of muscle
    I am about to start using my gym soon although it's pretty knackered by now so might invest in new one
    Oh I know the feeling the next day when i haven't used it in ages
    I will eventually (when i have lost more weight) take up the protein powder and creatine and try to recapture some of my youth
    First things first and to loose gut and get some endurance back is my main aim at the moment

Trusted Member
    Thanks for putting in the effort on behalf of the rest of us Les.

You are welcome
    You must remember I have a long way to go-well overweight and months away from being fit but I've started and the bug has got me

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    You are welcome
    You must remember I have a long way to go-well overweight and months away from being fit but I've started and the bug has got me
    Well done Les! I was thinking of going for a walk today from work but it started raining this afternoon
    We might go for a quick rush around the harbour this week if the weather gets better.
    I am not really a gym fanatic, I did joined a gym near my place last year but I have been there only 4x's and I paid Ł40 x month for 6 months! What a waste of money
    Just like you, my main goal is to lose a little bit of those happy fats and keep fit!
    Thank you for posting your activity- hopefully i can post an update tomorrow or the day after.

Just had a quick glance outside the window- this English weather is crap! it's suppose to be summer now...sigh

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    can you measure the time and distance from my bed to sofa and the hike in heart beat to pick up the remote to turn the tv on, i think im turning into homer simpson

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

It's been lovely up here in Yorkshire,Sunny and warm for days just occasional rain mainly on a night
    I prefer to have my own equipment it saves lots of time and works out much better than gym membership

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    I bought a multi gym from Argos last year with the intention of turning my garage into a gym and using it on a regular basis. It's been assembled for about a year, I used it once last July and since then it's just been an obstacle in my garage
    I usually do a 6 week exercise programme 6 - 8 weeks before I head out to the Phil's so that my gut doesn't hang over my shorts when I'm on the beach. Nothing too strenuous, 50 - 100 sit ups a day and about 100 press ups a day. It's something fairly simple that can be done in the house, without any equipment and 20 or so minutes spare every day. Jogging or cycling is far too ambitious for me.

I'm not looking to turn myself into a nightclub doorman type with muscles on muscles, I just want to tone myself up and burn a few pounds off, so I'm going for repetitions rather than outright weight lifted.
    Take it easy Englishman- maybe you can try long distance walking

When I started cycling I was really struggling to do 2 miles, I was swearing to my husband accusing him of everything like he wanted me to have a heart attack or he is finding joy watching me breathless after a climb
    I am really greatful of him for not giving up on me (I swear I was really bitchy those early days he took me out to cycle) and now I really feel the benefit of being more active- I am seeing the results and I am happy of what I achieve everytime I climb those hills!

I really advise to everyone to find some activity that you will enjoy and that can keep you fit Every effort you put in it will pay you back doubles!

R.F.

in my mid 20s i use to go to the gym and pump iron and ride my road bike but to get really fit you need to put in the hours and like most of us and being married...i havent got the time any more.

in my mid 20s i use to go to the gym and pump iron and ride my road bike but to get really fit you need to put in the hours and like most of us and being married...i havent got the time any more.
    Oh come on Bornatbirth! you surely will find a time for yourself- 30 mins to dedicate just for yourself everyday. All of us are busy and we are being pulled in different directions every single day!
    50-100 sit ups and 100 press daily like Englishman I'm sure you will be fine

R.F.

...i havent got the time any more.
    Soapbox time.

Easy to say this.
    But we all have the same amount of time every day. That's 24 hours.
    We cannot save or store it. We use it in realtime.
    Whatever we do with our time is totally about priorities
    Now just what we do with time is solely about priorities.
    When someone will say " I didn't have time" that really means, I didn't give that task a a high enough priority.

Time management basics. Allocate priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Soapbox time.

Easy to say this.
    But we all have the same amount of time every day. That's 24 hours.
    We cannot save or store it. We use it in realtime.
    Whatever we do with our time is totally about priorities
    Now just what we do with time is solely about priorities.
    When someone will say " I didn't have time" that really means, I didn't give that task a a high enough priority.

Time management basics. Allocate priorities.

It's like hearing myself when I'm doing my reviews

Definitely agree though

R.F.

Trusted Member
    Congratulations to Les, Peanutz, and other members who are doing something about getting / keeping fit !
    Exercise is more than a hobby. It's the main factor, together with not over eating, in preventing obesity. The choice is stark - stay overweight, and increase the risk of high blood pressure, diabetes, several cancers, osteoarthritis, heart disease, strokes, and generally worse quality of life with reduced life expectancy - or do something about it .
    The UK Health Service can't cope with the current level of obesity. Perhaps more surprising is that the Philippines also has a major problem - obesity contributes to the top three killers ( heart disease, stroke, and cancer ) as in the UK.
    There's good evidence that half an hour's exercise a day is beneficial. Excessive exercise brings its own problems. It's not good enough to claim insufficient time, or even to reminisce about what you used to do - it's what you're doing NOW which counts .
    It also matters little what exercise you choose or where you do it - that depends on age, fitness, where you live ( very different climates in our two countries ), and what you enjoy doing . Clearly if you already have health problems you should not attempt too vigorous exercise without a medical check up.
    Don't be too hung up on measurements such as BMI ( Body Mass Index ) - -they're not relevant to everyone. "Fad" diets are, by definition, also doomed to failure and are mostly a waste of money. Feeling and looking better will soon become obvious with even a moderate amount of exercise .
    Today ( not 20 years ago ) I had half an hour's swim, and an hour's walk on the beach. That can't compete with 5 hours' surfing yesterday by my son, but I want to maximise my chances of living a healthy happy life - surely what every member would also wish to do .

Still zapped after monday's walk/run but I'm having another today
    Want to beat my last time and also try to get my calories burnt up to 1000 for today so i may need to do a short spin on exercise bike when i return.
    Then I can have a drink tonight guilt free

A little of what I fancy do me good....(a little meal 3x a day, drink ,exercise and shopping lol)...weighing 50kilograms at 5'4''tall ,feeling fit and happy to date.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Still zapped after monday's walk/run but I'm having another today
    Want to beat my last time and also try to get my calories burnt up to 1000 for today so i may need to do a short spin on exercise bike when i return.
    Then I can have a drink tonight guilt free
    I did 2 miles walk today I'm not sure how many calories I burnt as my bloody phone has already run out of charge.
    Today is windy and a little bit of drizzle here and there, nice feeling of the wind in your cheeks.

I have noticed a slight pain on my feet while walking- I am not sure if it was my cycling last Sunday that have caused it. I may try to take some of the magic pills that has been suggested here.

R.F.

knocked off four mins of last time-the route went wrong maybe my battery was low or I lost signal but I beat my previous time

Yaaay! Beer time!!!

R.F.

did you take a taxi

did you take a taxi

Les you are not cheating are you?

R.F.

Someone else said that to me but I can't cheat as I'm tracked by satalite
    My legs are aching tonight though

well done les,

I have just asked my neighbour if he is interested in selling me one of his 3 bikes
    He said yes and I will see what he wants for one of them.

Ok It's run time again in a few hours,Determined to knock 5 mins off last time.
    Going to be hard today as so far there has been more walking than running so i need to up the running side a bit.
    I'm loving this it's like i am taking on myself and bloody run-keeper will show all my results
    I have 1.31.20 to beat.

cool!! goodluck les
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information