Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need advice and help in bringing my fiancée to the UK and marrying

Hi People,
    I hope you can help me my name is Dave and I am engaged to my fiancée who resides in Ormoc City currently and we want her to come here to the UK a.s.a.p and marry here and live here. I have researched the visa requirements with the Embassy there in Manila and I am directed to VFS who I believe are a commercial organisation whom all visa traffic should go. Has anybody heard of them, and what was your experience please?

The cost is being quoted as 60,750 to apply with VFS, the alternative is to use another agency called Ultimate Visa there costs are in the region of 120,000, around double any thoughts and experiences please.

I don't want to risk rejection so what suggestions has anybody please to make this as painless as possible.

Many thanks for advice in advance

Regards: DavRog

VFS Global is a commercial company, working in partnership with the UK Border Agency, they only process your visa app and collect the money, they have nothing to do with helping you get a visa or making any decisions about granting you a visa, thats done by the embassy only.

while the other company i take it, will help you fill in the forms and give you some advice, and you or them will have to submit your app to VFS anyway..

if your case is pretty simple, i would do it your self and not waste money using any sort of agency
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Many thanks Joe

Quote Originally Posted by DavRog747 View Post
    Hi People,
    VFS who I believe are a commercial organisation whom all visa traffic should go. Has anybody heard of them, and what was your experience please?

The cost is being quoted as 60,750 to apply with VFS, the alternative is to use another agency called Ultimate Visa there costs are in the region of 120,000, around double any thoughts and experiences please.

I don't want to risk rejection so what suggestions has anybody please to make this as painless as possible.

Many thanks for advice in advance

Regards: DavRog
    Welcome to the forum Davrog!!
    all the requirements and procedures for visa are in vfs website check this link http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Dave,
    I think you'll find that the majority of couples on here applied themselves, and did not use the "services" of an agency.

The forms are straight-forward, and all questions have either been asked on this site (use the search facility and/or read threads), or you'll get an informed answer if you do need to ask.

As JB states, if yours is a simple case, then save your money ... you're gonna need it later (for FLR and ILR) !

Welcome aboard the Manila Express
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Hi there DavRog, welcome here.

I would echo everything said before. Take a look at the website link and at the requirements. There are no 'tricks'. Any agency will ask you to collate and present just the same evidence and documents etc.
    Unless you have a complex case you should not need agency.

D allow time for good review of the documentations required (especially financial)suggested

Hi, Dave ...

I would concur with what the others have said. Since - by your own admission - you have already researched the visa requirements with the Embassy ... it'd be like throwing away good money unnecessarily, to involve an agency.

Besides ... there are plenty of knowledgeable folk here to whom you can turn, should you feel in need of assistance.

It is easy to do yourself check out the posts here http://filipinaroses.com/forumdispla...NT-INFORMATION
    and to send any inportant documents i would use interparcel express they are much cheeper than using dhl etc directly http://www.interparcel.com/ i think a lot of members have used their services. the last time i used them all my docs arrived in two days.
    Alan
    As life is to live so love is to give

I feel a bit of an idiot but..I used an agency in Manila who charged 58000php to not only collect all the data, verfiy it, put it in order but go through test interviews with my Love and will take her to get Bios done and when the interview date comes up (if she is interviewed) they will accompany her.
    The prices you mention are high!
    For me because of the stress of my job, constant travelling I needed someone to fully take us through the whole process for me it was a no brainer - learn from others mistakes so to speak.
    Then whilst reviewing the educational requirements I found this rather excellent forum.

I agree no point wasting money but using the egency we used (Manila Visa - Siem Legal) at least they are pushing my Fiancee to getting everything in order and directing her whilst I am so busy with my life in the UK after spending a year over "there".

My 2p's worth

Tone

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post

Welcome aboard the Manila Express ...
    ... ... I like it!

Trusted Member
    Allow plenty of time for local mail though.

i see thats express delivery graham and not your normal delivery service using a carabao
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by alanp View Post
    It is easy to do yourself check out the posts here http://filipinaroses.com/forumdispla...NT-INFORMATION
    and to send any inportant documents i would use interparcel express they are much cheeper than using dhl etc directly http://www.interparcel.com/ i think a lot of members have used their services. the last time i used them all my docs arrived in two days.
    Alan
    Hi Davrog i echo everything alan has said good luck with the visa process just have everything sorted & above board & im sure everything will be fine

Thank you for the link and advice

Many thanks for the advice and the link it is appreciated.

hi im from ormoc too! welocome! a lot of people will help you in this forum its really worth doin your own research!

Many thanks seems most people have done themselves and happy to do that also. Tell me about FLR and ILR please, my apologies for my ignorance.

Thank you Terpe got some great advice here. Yes I have already most the documents I need so agency really brings nothing to the party. Thank you again

Thats interesting are you planning to marry there of the UK / USA ?

Yes Arthur you assume correctly and have prepared the majority of the application and supporting documents, and of course all applications end up for decision with the embassy whether they come direct or via an agent, it is a bit of a 'no brainer' I think

Great advice Alan and thank you for the link, great idea using InterParcel I am assuming they need original documents not copies ?

Hi Tone,

Nope you are not an idiot you chose the most suitable route for you with your love and it worked so that can't be bad. Many thanks for sharing your experience it is very helpful. Thank you

Excellent stuff guys

Thabks Alan for the advice and support Stevie seems all the advice we need is right here thank you ALL

FLR .... further leave to remain (if you come via the fiancee route)
    ... basically, u arrive on a fiancee visa & have up to 6mnths to get married.
    Then to remain further, u apply for the FLR (£900 - odd now ???)

ILR.... indefinate leave to remain, which u apply for when the FLR runs out (18-24mnths, dependent on when u arrived/applied)
    Thats about £1000 now, yes ???

Blimey, great to know this something the agency don't tell you. Ok I had better get saving many thanks again it is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DavRog747 View Post
    Blimey, great to know this something the agency don't tell you. Ok I had better get saving many thanks again it is much appreciated.
    Might be a good idea at this stage to consider (or reconsider) marriage in UK on Fiancee visa or marriage in Phils then Spouse Visa.

Is there an advantage in that route please Terpe, does that have a legal standing in the UK ?

marriage here vs marriage in the Philipinnes.
    It's 6 of one, half-a-dozen of the other.
    Really depends what suits you (see other threads on this)

Basic difference, if u marry in the Philipinnes, you then apply for a spouse visa & bypass the FLR.
    Additionally, when your wife arrives in the uk, under the spouse visa she can work immediately.

If its a fiance visa, she arrives & you have up to 6mnths (of visa issuance) to get married.
    After the marriage, she then applies for the FLR, and only when that is approved, is she legally allowed to work in the UK.

In both cases, ILR must eventually be applied for

Horses for courses

Trusted Member
    Marry her there and get her here WORKING asap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information