Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This is probably stating the obvious BUT here goes, if I go for a spouse visa and marry my Fiancee (Analyn) there, then I understand that she could apply for work immediately in the UK (She is a registered Nurse) and avoid the FLR 6 month cost and pressure. Here is the obvious (stupid maybe) question in that I could not apply for the spouse visa until the marriage has taken place there ?. I think I know the answer but at the risk of looking a dodo I am asking please. Assuming the answer is what I think this would bring in a delay factor and I may have to go for the Fiancee visa understnading she can't work here until the marriage and FLR is paid and approved. Comments please (Politie ones) )

Yes you need to be married already to apply spouse visa.

With Fiancee visa you need to get married and apply for FLR within 6 months (well before expiry of visa )

Trusted Member
    I got married in Manila because it only cost me a few pesos and some crates of San Mig for the 'reception'.

I'd post some of the pictures, but we just look like a couple of drunks...which we were.

A week later she was in England with me, and applying for jobs.

Started off waitressing, then restaurant manager, then (UK) degree in nursing.

i doubt she could work as a nurse straight away, would need to be registered in the uk, thou she could find other jobs in the NHS until she is able to work as a nurse
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I am confused, I thought the process for spouse visa was after marrying in the Philippines you ONLY then could apply for a spouse visa which could take 1-3 months. I would love to go the spouse visa route, but that would man I think that we would marry there and then apply for a spouse visa which could be 1-3 months waity so means I would have to go back the the UK and then return. OR have i got it all wrong?

I am confused, I thought the process for spouse visa was after marrying in the Philippines you ONLY then could apply for a spouse visa which could take 1-3 months. I would love to go the spouse visa route, but that would man I think that we would marry there and then apply for a spouse visa which could be 1-3 months wait so means I would have to go back the the UK and then return. OR have i got it all wrong?

when you apply for a spouse or fiancee visa she could be waiting up to 3 months for the result, most of those who marrying in the phils go back to the uk and their wife then applies for a spouse visa. once they get it, either the husband goes to the phils to bring their wife backwith them or she comes to the uk on her own.

but a smaller number, stay in the phils while they apply for the visa and come back with their wife , but many cannot take upto 3 months off work
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

For processing times take a look here.
    Your specific application would need to be highly marginal to enter the 3 month processing period according to the published data.

94% are finalised within 30 days

Check here (scroll down )

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

I must say this FLR business is a load of crap isnt it?
    SO if I have figured this out - She comes here on Fiancee visa, we get married asap, immediately lodge the FLR so she can stay up to the 2 years having paid a further £500 odd (if the in person route is not taken)..
    Then in 24 months we apply for ILR and probably pay another £extortionate.sum of money....

So assuming my Fiancee has had biometrics done and passed the TOEIC tests (which she must to get the initial visa) these are not required for the FLR (or is it that stupid and yes)?

Tone,

Nothing is simple ... surely you must have realised that by now.

Even though she'll have done the biometrics in Manila, she'll have to do them again to get the FLR (I assume they cross-check them to make sure it's the same person... but I won't banksy on it)

The TOEIC (or any standard of English) is irrelevant to get the FLR.
    The FLR is basically awarded If, and only IF, you've conformed to the original (fiancee) visa ..... ie you got married and aare still living as a couple.
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Trusted Member
    We all have to suffer the consequences of the actions of the hordes of unscrupulous who have tried to buck the system previously.

Many thanks guys excellent advice, we are going to apply ourselves (No Agent) as we have had so much great help here. Considered all the options and due to the timing and wanting to be together here as soon as possible we will have to go the Fiancee route will all the fun of FLR here after we marry. The spouse option would mean we would end up separating for a while so that is its downfall.

My fiancee (Analyn) has a Bachelors Degree In Nursing and has her Nursing Licence has anyone any experience of how likely it would be for her to find work her and what the best processes are please .

Many thanks Jo very helpful

Guys, What is a CNI and do I need one for my fiancee visa application. If so how do I go about getting one please. Hope you can help - Thnx in advance

DavRog

For Fiancee visa requirements review here:-
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pa...dcivilpartners

CNI = Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage
    It's just one of the documents that is usually needed for overseas marriage.

when at first you start to look at the forms you and your partner needs, its so frightning, but beleive me and many others that have traveled this road, its all straight forward,you and your partner can do all the forms yourself save your money for the visa, l;ots of help on here and dont be afraid to ask the most silly questions at all, good luck

Southern Leyte
    @ grahamw48 "marry her there and get her here working asap" I hope your joking did you want a wife or just someone to work for you while you get fat drinking beer and eating burgers?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Leyte View Post
    @ grahamw48 "marry her there and get her here working asap" I hope your joking did you want a wife or just someone to work for you while you get fat drinking beer and eating burgers?
    Just some friendly advice:
    Being new to the forum and making assumptions about people you do not know will not win you friends.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

some women want to work and have some independence, others because of boredom, some filipina's do have careers

Thank you Steve for the support

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    some women want to work and have some independence, others because of boredom, some filipina's do have careers

Just try and stop them.

(I love some people's prejudices and lack of humour....not. )

LOVE TO WORK!!!! even though we are here in the Uk with two little ones under 4 my wife is always cooking up some scheme or another to make herself some more money, she is used to being in business and her latest one is spending three hours every saturday morning from 7am scouring this massive car boot for Zara baby, Baby Gap, Next and Pumpkin Patch as wel as the sports brands for babies, toddlers and kids, boxing them up and now has a pal opening a boutique in Puerto Princesa selling quality baby stuff 2nd hand, she just loves being busy... down side is my little biy comes back with another tractor/ superman, or train we are drwning in toys LOL
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

I don't want to sound overboastful here, but I have wife work both day shifts and night shifts. We can now afford to eat Burger King Angus Steak Sandwich. Much more healthy and way more tasty.

Trusted Member

My ex-Mrs must have cleaned out every charity shop and car boot sale in town.

I've never seen anyone buy so much stuff for a couple of quid.

I had to convert the loft to stow it all away.

She took the old 'it'll come in one day' adage to the limit.

most people that come here think of working straight away, it helps both people and could help the extended family too, it seems to me the ones that stay at home can get bored and fed up just waiting for there other half to finnish his work, we are all differant in what we want in life,Emma works here and what a big help that has made our dreams of the future can come sooner now

Trusted Member
    Absolutely right Steve.

I think some people think they're buying some sort of pet, ...left to stare at a wall or watch TV for 8 hours until the master arrives home.

To expect that of a vibrant and energetic 20 odd year-old lady who has just arrived in a foreign country full of strangers, no family around her etc...well.

It does happen though.

The work (and education) ethic is very strong in the Filipino culture. As soon as my stepchildren were old enough to even do a paper round they were sent out by the ex to earn some cash.

A part-time course at a local college would be another way of helping a recently arrived Filipina to do something interesting with her time, as well as meet new friends.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I don't want to sound overboastful here, but I have wife work both day shifts and night shifts. We can now afford to eat Burger King Angus Steak Sandwich. Much more healthy and way more tasty.
    Terpe - It just shows how far you've progressed with a bit of hard graft from the Mrs and you giving up the fags

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Terpe - It just shows how far you've progressed with a bit of hard graft from the Mrs and you giving up the fags
    but hes gone from one addiction fags, to Makenshitus ( i dont think Doc AL can help here ) or internet Ho

sorry Terpe

Guys , The next hurdle need some help on please with regard to CNI = Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage. We are going for the Fiancee Visa so we will marry in the UK and give the embassy more pounds of flesh with FLR then again with ILR. So do I need to worry about CNI fpr the Fiancee Visa, sorry for yet another stupid question, If CNI is needed how do I go about getting one of those in the UK please ?
    Loads of work and not a burger in sight

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information