Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Getting married in Pinas soon

Hi,

I am getting married in a few months and need to get my CNI. On the CNI I need to state the location where I intend to get married.

How important is this location? How detailed do I have to be? If I got the CNI and then decided to get married in a different location will that void the CNI?

Also, how many original copies of my Birth Certificate do I need to bring? Or can I take 1 original and photocopy/xerox the rest?

Thanks in advance

hi hector,

when you go to get yourUK CNI just take your passport, original birth certificate and I think I took a utility bill. No need for copies, they can do that there when you register. You also need all your fiancee's details, you do not need to have any of her certificates, just name address date of birth. As for where you intend to get married, I just put our town. If it changes, between now and when you get to the Philippines, I cant see it mattering too much. It will take 21 day to be posted in your local council offices where any objections can be made (if any) It costs £33 for the UK CNI. You then take this and all original docs with you to the British Embassy in Manila as well as your fiancee and her docs, where you get your Philippine CNI, (costs about 3500 peso)if the location of the wedding has changed, you should know by then. It takes 24 hours to process in the embassy, so book a night in a hotel and go back the next day to pick up your docs and local CNI cert. This is taken to your local municiple building (we never had a church wedding) where it takes 10 days to process....... then you have the happiest day of your life.

hth

Good luck
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Thanks Steve!

For the marriage, how many original copies of the Birth Certificate/Baptism certificate do I need to bring with me to the Philippines? I have been told I need 3 copies of my Birth certificate, but I am not sure if all three need to be original.

Thanks.

Take all your original documents, I remember going to the xerox shop making a few copies, if you can do it here before you go take 3 or 4 copies. Dont worry too much as there are places to copy shops all over the place, and generally one close to the municiple building.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    Make sure all your fiancee's docs are on NSO security paper (where required), and that dates, spelling of names, places etc are consistent throughout.
    They are the ones given the most scrutiny anyway.

Shame so much bureaucratic "hectoring" ... "bring this ... do that" etc., etc. - not to mention the seemingly endless red tape and expense involved - should interfere with the cultural bonding between a man and a woman from different nations in their pursuit of togetherness. But it's a harsh reality ... and one that the majority here have HAD to endure for the sake of lasting happiness. Once achieved, however, most of us come to realise it's all been worth it in terms of immeasurable contentment. to our ranks.

Thank you Arthur. Yes it has been a lot of work. Everything to do with the Philippines is a lot of work actually. I have been going there since the age of 23 and nothing is easy. Still love it though

Quote Originally Posted by hector View Post
    Thank you Arthur. Yes it has been a lot of work. Everything to do with the Philippines is a lot of work actually. I have been going there since the age of 23 and nothing is easy. Still love it though
    Ah ... so you'll be familiar with most of it then, Hector. ... took me a wee while, though, I must admit - especially at MY advanced age! And here I am ... between two-and-a-half and three years down the line; but - looking back, now - I wouldn't have changed ANY of it for the world.

There's no real need for me to expand on what others have already said, except to personally wish you and your fiancee all the very best on the occasion of your forthcoming wedding.

Thread Information