Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member

Super Zoom or Bridge Cameras Vs DSLR's

Does anyone have a Superzoom or Bridge camera? Are you happy with the quality of your images and the functions?

It's time to get a new camera, my latest Fujifilm digital compact is great for quick snap shots and can easily be stowed in my shirt or trouser pocket, but it doesn't take anything like the same quality of photo as my trusty 21 year old Canon semi pro SLR and various lenses.

However, it's time to move my SLR into the digital age. Bottom end DSLR's start at around £350/£400 for basic Nikon's, Sony's and Canon's but a 200 or 300mm zoom lens is going to cost another £200 on top.

I've been looking at the latest superzoom offerings from Panasonic, Fuji, Canon..etc and for around £250 - £300 you can pick up a camera with circa 24mm - 700mm or even 800mm zoom, plus all the features and editing functions you'd expect on a more expensive DSLR.

I appreciate a superzoom is never going to give the same precision or sharpness as a DSLR, but the overall package, DSLR type functions, price, less kit to carry around and styling do look like an attractive proposition.

I've got no intentions of becoming a pro photographer, I just want something that will give me decent quality snapshots of my kids and holidays.

The Fuji HS10 EXR was £450 when it was launched in March 2010, it's now £220 on Amazon, and does look like very good VFM

http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...x_hs10_review/

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Englishman2010; 23rd May 2011 at 21:42. Reason: mistype

Thread Information