Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Respected Member

Have I Ruined Her Life?

I am very sad to say that after 41/2 years I have split up with my lovely girlfriend who lives in Angeles City.

Some reders may remember the facts:
    • We met on line
    • We have only physically met once - two years ago in Thailand
    • I found out after about a year that she was married but had been separated for 7 years
    • We were supposed to meet in Thailand last year but she did not turn up because her grandfather died.

She is, as far as I can tell, a totally honest, kind, and good lady. However, she has no work, and little contact with her family. I have been supporting her with over £200 per month for most of the time we have known each other. She seems to spend her days cleaning her house and thinking about me. She has one or two friends who I have been in contact with.

The anullment is dragging on forver. Two years amd still no end date. At least 12 hearings. Next one in July. Even if that is the last, its clear that it will be a year or two before we can even think about getting a visa.

She is 32, I am 51. I am feeling too old to wait for two more years - alone once my son goes to uni this October. I don't think its good for her to waste the best years of her life sitting at home.

She says it impossible to get a job. She says she does not like to share a flat.

Since I told her I wanted to end our relationship she has been in pieces. Real breakdown stuff. I feel like I have shattered her dreams.

If you want to tell me I've done a shitty thing - I know and it is breaking my heart too. But I really hope that in a few months she can pick herslef up and start to take responsibility for her own life instead of putting ALL of the responsibility on to me. I will continue to support her financially for a while although this is very difficult to do.

Thanks for your attention. I'd say you are a shoulder to cry on but I'm not sure you would apreciate that!

as it really been that long?

how soon would you of expected her to be with you.

this is the problem when you dont go and meet them at their home and see what their lives are really like, meeting once in thailand in after 4 1/2 years of contact isnt going to show you.

we all have our reasons why we do anything and i guess you have yours
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

It would have been better not supporting her and using the money to visit instead.

Money talks when it comes to an annulment, it can speed up the process.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

She is, as far as I can tell, a totally honest
    I found out after about a year that she was married but had been separated for 7 years
    You havent ruined her life at all,thats a fact,dont beat yourself up over it,some relationships arent/werent meant to be,yours has run its course,thats life,move on and advise her to do the same,if she is 100% honest with you how come you didnt find out she was married till a whole year AFTER your relationship began?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    Thanks. A visit to her on the day we met wouldn't have uncovered the marriage. Also she lost her job, allegedly, when she visited me in Thailand and said she could then not find work.

I am hoping she can pull herself together, move in with her friend, and find a job. I would be willing to pay the final instalment on the anullment if it ever happens.

I wish she had more friends, though.

I dont want to sound bad or unfeeling here, but maybe she is more upset that she will be losing her income from now on. Life has been easy for her with your support, why should she work ? of course she will be upset.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

After a 7 year MIA pinoy husband,filing for presumptive death would have given quicker results than annulment,there are a number of AWOL hubbies wandering around Pinas unaware of their own demise.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

To be brutally honest, no you haven't ruined her life and you shouldn't be made to feel guilty. It sounds to me that she's in 'pieces' because she's worried about losing her £200 monthly payment.

You've met her once in over four years, she's lied to you about being married and she failed to turn up to meet you last year. Call me cynical, but it looks like you've been taken for a ride. Apologies if I sound harsh but sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    To be brutally honest, no you haven't ruined her life and you shouldn't be made to feel guilty. It sounds to me that she's in 'pieces' because she's worried about losing her £200 monthly payment.

You've met her once in over four years, she's lied to you about being married and she failed to turn up to meet you last year. Call me cynical, but it looks like you've been taken for a ride. Apologies if I sound harsh but sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind.
    About to say the same and TBH i would never let my GF stay in AC will I'm sponsoring her,cut your losses and move on she will most definately find someone else and forget about.As said in previous posts use the money you were sending and get yourself back to Phills

Trusted Member
    Sorry....thought this was a wind-up after my initial reading.

If it isn't, kindly accept my apologies.

I've lived for several years in AC, and been visiting for over 20.

For a lady NOT to be able to find gainful employment in that town, unless she is a deaf dumb and blind paraplegic is virtually impossible.

Sad to say, I have met numerous young and not so young ladies in AC who have been rather upset when a regular Western Union cheque didn't arrive. Sometimes they were receiving cheques from several boyfriends though....so not the end of the world for them.

I would suggest you put this down to experience, save your money, and get yourself out to the Phils for an extended visit, as far away from Angeles as possible.

Look for a lady WITHOUT a husband (sly check with friends and relations), and WITH a job.
    There are hundreds of thousands to choose from.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    why did you think that?, spend enough time in the forum and you will read many posts which seem hard to believe.

i didnt know ianb had been chatting to her for over 4 years and thought it was a short time relationship due to him being in the process of getting divorced from his wife...btw have you been giving her money all the time you have know her
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Trusted Member
    I was being polite.

sometimes we have to give up to gain more. you didn't ruin her life, you did what is the best for her to be responsible in managing her life. Cheer up.

Sitting around all day can be boring AC has a lot to offer in terms of employment.

Respected Member
    Thanks guys. Messages from Angeles from her best friend suggestvshe is in hospital. I know she suffers from a recurrent ulcer problem. I am still as sure as I can be that she is just a rather naive person who put a lot of trust in me and I broke it.

Having said that, something in the email has definitely raised my suspicions. I have asked for the name of the hospital. I wonder if anyone in AC can check it out?

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Thanks guys. Messages from Angeles from her best friend suggestvshe is in hospital. I know she suffers from a recurrent ulcer problem. I am still as sure as I can be that she is just a rather naive person who put a lot of trust in me and I broke it.

Having said that, something in the email has definitely raised my suspicions. I have asked for the name of the hospital. I wonder if anyone in AC can check it out?
    Stories from a 'best friend' will tell you exactly what you need to hear to make you feel bad. Find out which hospital she is in and call them...... see if she is really there!!!! DO NOT be tempted to send money .... I smell a rat!
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    Note to self ...shutup.

Newbie (Restricted Access) jhoana's Avatar
    so sad but if u really feel she is honest n if u really love her fiht for it till u got the chnce to be together,be patient n 2years wating is not too long thn nothing aat all,

Newbie (Restricted Access) jhoana's Avatar
    if ever u need a shoulder just lean on me n i am willing to listenanywy im from angeles too

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoana View Post
    if ever u need a shoulder just lean on me n i am willing to listenanywy im from angeles too
    Maybe you can check on his girl in the hospital.

her best friend suggestvshe is in hospital.
    There used to be a guy on here called Noel AKA oakbranch,he had chatted often with a lady from mindanao,at the time of the maguindanao massacre in shariff aguak her "Best friend" TXT Noel claiming his chatmate had been shot twice in an ambush Noel asked her which hospital she was in as several forum members were prepared to check on her condition,surprise...........surprise He never heard from her again

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

If it isn't, kindly accept my apologies.

I've lived for several years in AC, and been visiting for over 20.

For a lady NOT to be able to find gainful employment in that town, unless she is a deaf dumb and blind paraplegic is virtually impossible.

Sad to say, I have met numerous young and not so young ladies in AC who have been rather upset when a regular Western Union cheque didn't arrive. Sometimes they were receiving cheques from several boyfriends though....so not the end of the world for them.

I would suggest you put this down to experience, save your money, and get yourself out to the Phils for an extended visit, as far away from Angeles as possible.

Look for a lady WITHOUT a husband (sly check with friends and relations), and WITH a job.
    There are hundreds of thousands to choose from.

Good luck.
    ouch graham, deaf and dumb is note is not such polite terms...

Quote Originally Posted by jhoana View Post
    That's a hint Ian
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

@IanB I don't know how to answer this problem other than I have learned a lot from the above respected members and appreciate their advice without question.

I think you need to check her out as you're still sending money and I too question if she is being totally honest about everything

You have to have lived there Ian to see it first hand... I had an internet cafe and the mature ladies (married or in relationship) would come in daily (some several times a day and some with their partner playing on the next pc) to chat to "their foreign bf's" and give the usual sob story.

IT HAPPENS AND IT'S REAL - if in doubt check them out!!!!

but not all pinoy are like this - there must be some becoz we have some lucky members here - we just need to find them without too much pain.

Hope you find resolve in your current thoughts.....

Have YOU ruined her life?

... on the contrary ... it's probably best you "cut your losses" before she ruins yours - financially!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... on the contrary ... it's probably best you "cut your losses" before she ruins yours - financially!
    I agree with Arthur and the sentiments of the others. I'm sure you don't want to be told this by the members, but having been a victim of a lying, cheating, money grabbing ex Filipina g/f myself and listening to the good advice from the guys and girls on here, walk away now before she ruins your life both emotionally and financially. It's not easy to walk away, but there are lots of genuine Filipina's out there, and second time around I now have a truly great g/f who i know is completely honest, loyal and faithful to me, and beautiful too
    Put it down to experience, learn from it and move on. In 12 months time you will thank yourself for being brave enough to walk away

it is indeed a shocking news to someone when they about to lose an income that entirely supports them...and more dreadful losing someone whom you love, whom you focus your life and whom you build your dreams and your future with...in just a snap.

if she is as u said a totally honest, kind, and good lady then i cant imagine how she lives her day now.

Trusted Member
    Maybe looking for a job ?

Respected Member
    And she miraculously recovered when I asked about the hospital!

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Look on the positive side:

You're a free man now, and with extra money in your pocket.

Buy a ticket to the Phils...soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information