Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Insurance for motorbike?

Just wondering how many of you insure your motorbike when kicking about or even consider insurance when you rent them in Pinas or LOS?A friend of mine is currently in Hospital overplaying his slight injuries to stay in a comfy hospital bed as he is heading for clink once he steps outside,a relative of mine(high up in the cop force)advised him to play this game following an incident on Monday,he rode an uninsured bike from Gensan to Davao and struck a 71 year old guy at malandag killing him instantly,food for thought if your renting a bike in the boonies or from a local.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    Good advice
    I have to say it will be a good few years before I'm brave enough to drive any kind of motorised vehicle in the Pina's. With a good supply of cheap transport - trikes, jeepneys, buses, taxis...etc I've never felt the need to drive on my previous trips. If I was there long term and out in the sticks, I might think differently

Trusted Member
    I had a scooter out there (and a pushbike), and also drove hire cars all over the place.

Bike insurance is very cheap, but of course check the actual cover.

I used to hire a bike on previous visits when staying around Angeles, never insured but the worst thing that happened was wind burn being fair skinned and riding around with vest and shorts.
    Could have been worse though if I had worn the helmet they provided, who knows what I would have caught if I put that on my head but it was too small, like trying to get a quart into pint pot.

Trusted Member
    I lived in AC for 5 or 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I lived in AC for 5 or 6 years.
    Where did you live there Graham? and ,if I`m being nosey just say, what did you do there during that time.

Trusted Member
    I lived in Josefa subd.

I ran a business breeding ornamental birds, and also had a restaurant and shop.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I lived in Josefa subd.

I ran a business breeding ornamental birds, and also had a restaurant and shop.
    First visited the family in Hensonville with our son in 91 as Pinitubo was smoking away, and left for home 2 days before the eruption. All the visits after that we stayed at the Clarkton or Oasis Hotels, one just a bit less seedier then the other, but the rooms were pretty good. The family moved now to near Nepo and we built an extension for ourselves with bathroom and aircon and that`s where we stayed on our last 2 visits.

My brother-in law worked with me for 6 months and went back and opened a pet food shop near where you lived,on the corner of Fields/Don Jucio and some road whose name escapes me, but went tits up pretty quick due to interference from his Dad.
    I like AC but my wife sticks to me like glue or one of the family is with me, that`s why it was good to jump on the bike for a bit of space.

sorry to hijack your thread tawi2
    Last edited by Pete/London; 12th May 2011 at 12:33. Reason: issue apology

Trusted Member
    Small world eh.

I was there during the eruption.

I may have patronised your relation's shop if it was open between 2000 and 2003.

Also there was one in the nearby arcade, which I used to supply with birds...along with all of the other pet stores in AC, as well as a few in Manila.

Last time I was in AC (and Subic) was 2007, when I took my boy for a holiday to Baloy Beach, and to visit his grandmother in Bicol.

would a cbr600rr be a good bike to use in the philipines

whats the biggest bike any of you have seen there apart from the tiny scooters?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Trusted Member
    My friend had a lovely Kawasaki 750, but he sent it in Balikbayan boxes from Hong Kong...then reassembled.

He wanted a bike over (I think) 400cc, so he could use the 'Super Highway' toll roads.

Seen quite a few imported Harleys, and of course they have a club there.

Seen quite a few large bikes in AC, as Graham stated they were Harleys plus some red Kawasaki`s and I think I can remember a bike club in Perimeter Road AC.

Everyone where I stay rides chinese made cheap mopeds,dont know what sort of bike ian hit and killed the old guy with,lesson learnt always get insurance even in Pinas,otherwise your in a whole heap of trouble.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    Seen quite a few large bikes in AC, as Graham stated they were Harleys plus some red Kawasaki`s and I think I can remember a bike club in Perimeter Road AC.
    I seem to remember Charlie Boorman met a group of Hells Angels with Hogs up in AC when he did his Sydney to Tokyo trip a few years ago. It's episode 5/6 just before he goes to Taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Everyone where I stay rides chinese made cheap mopeds,dont know what sort of bike ian hit and killed the old guy with,lesson learnt always get insurance even in Pinas,otherwise your in a whole heap of trouble.
    He probably forgot to mention the contract killer sitting on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    I seem to remember Charlie Boorman met a group of Hells Angels with Hogs up in AC when he did his Sydney to Tokyo trip a few years ago. It's episode 5/6 just before he goes to Taiwan.
    That`s right I forgot all about that, didn`t look quite right though did they, all smiles.
    Also as above , favourite choice of transport for contracts, same as over here, wearing a helmet makes a great way to hide your identity.

favourite choice of transport for contracts
    Two's-up bike hits originated and perfected in Columbia,happened to a guy last year in the same street I was in,he pulled over on Angliongto in mamay village and was shot through the side window.

Thread Information