Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Maybe it's ALL being recycled ...

I refused to pay P20 for a pee in Manila
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Very sad to see that the disabled are going to be affected by these cuts Of all the places to recoup the money, and they go after the weak and vulnerable Twts

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/jo...arch-in-london

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaytawo View Post
    Very sad to see that the disabled are going to be affected by these cuts Of all the places to recoup the money, and they go after the weak and vulnerable Twts

Just like BBC don't take everything in the Daily Handwringer as being gospel

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Just like BBC don't take everything in the Daily Handwringer as being gospel
    eh What isn't true about this story?

Banned
    eh What isn't true about this story?
    As you appear to do with the Daily Hate Mail I take articles in the Handwringer with a very large pinch of salt

Banned
    So there is no march going on at the moment 3.5 million disabled people won't lose 9 billion quid over the next 5 years

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-2101827.html

Half the nonsense in the Mail beggers belief at times. Todays headlines, top of the page: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...war-paint.html

God us all if that's important news

Which bit isn't true? Most of it... although that depends on how you class the disabled.... Do we pay every disabled person benefits so they don't need to work, or do we pay the disabled people who need additional money to be cared for and to lead as normal a life as possible? I go for the latter, as a lot of what is classed as disabled these days is a joke. Alcoholism, drug abuse, painful backs, depression, etc. I live with a chronic disability and yet I never have a spare second in my life to sit around doing nothing. Two of my good mates (sadly both passed away now) worked all their lives and yet spent 100% of life in a wheelchair.

The changes are to stop people taking the pee and earn some money themselves. The serious disabled will not be losing any money.

Motability is big business for car builders, and yet I know people on the scheme with as close to sod all wrong with them as you can get.

The previous government tiptoed around this subject and just let the numbers build up. What do we have now? 2 Million on the sick!!! WHAT!!!!

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    How many of you have read the proposed NHS legislation? None I bet.
    At 367 pages, one of the biggest pieces of health legislation ever published, I doubt many MP's have read, let alone understood, it. The Bill applies to England. The Report Stage has been delayed for two months for a public exercise to "pause, listen, reflect , and improve" before reaching its final stages in parliament in June. Two days ago the Royal College of General Practitioners wrote to David Cameron listing "changes that must be made to the Health Bill to protect the principles of the NHS" - the latest in advice given from all healthcare professions.
    As a member with some expertise I read and discuss health issues widely before posting on this forum. What I say is evidence - informed. I have an interest in health in all parts of the UK and the Philippines, not just England, where I now live. This thread claims David Cameron has broken a pledge to support family values, now there are posts with opinions on the Health Bill for England ! "The Lancet" for 16 April 2011 in a leading article on NHS reforms asks :- "Stop. Look. Listen" . There's reason to hope this government is taking that advice ; let's wait and see. That's my informed opinion.
    Congratulations to Rayna for being brave enough to present a lone perspective from the Philippines It's hard to find (just like mine) among all the other posts.

That's why you read the summary ... they need to put it in baby talk so the MP's can understand it

Banned
    Totally agree with Alcoholism, drug abuse, painful backs, depression, etc being classed as illnesses. Are people really claiming sickness benefit for being drug addicts?? Unbelievable

A lot of people should be encouraged back to work, but are there actually enough jobs to go around. Friend of mine recently applied for a job, and the employer told him he was just one of almost 200 who applied.

Here in Harrogate we are paying for some alcoholics to have a "beer allowance" this is totally true
    Some of the disabled people in Harrogate are loaded so why do they get free parking etc,etc should be means tested.
    Pay people who really need it but don't just give money out willy nilly another hangover from Labour I'm afraid

Banned
    So there is no march going on at the moment 3.5 million disabled people won't lose 9 billion quid over the next 5 years

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-2101827.html

Half the nonsense in the Mail beggers belief at times. Todays headlines, top of the page: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...war-paint.html

God us all if that's important news
    Did this story happen to appear in The Handwringer ? I doubt it

Disability cheats caught cleaning out their stud farm

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz1M3oQExmr

There would be less need to make cutbacks if the system was robust enough to weed out vermin like this pair of scumbags

A forfeit of all property,goods and wealth would be a good idea for anyone seriously taking thousands of Łsssss out of the system

Totally agree with Alcoholism, drug abuse, painful backs, depression, etc being classed as illnesses. Are people really claiming sickness benefit for being drug addicts?? Unbelievable
    If you'd watched Jeremy Kyle this morning someone was on incapacity because he smoked 25 spliffs a day so couldn't work

Banned

There would be less need to make cutbacks if the system was robust enough to weed out vermin like this pair of scumbags
    You'll have to explain to me what the Handwringer is I've had a good look online and can't find any reference to a newspaper being known by that name. And I'm not sticking up for benefit cheats here. The pictures of those protesting in London clearly have serious disabilities, and they shouldn't lose out when so much money's being squandered elsewhere.

Banned
    If you'd watched Jeremy Kyle this morning someone was on incapacity because he smoked 25 spliffs a day so couldn't work
    You mean he's suffering from some mental illness due to his weed smoking, or he's actually declared he's not fit for work because he's permanently stoned? And beer allowances Is this stuff for real, or are you guys just exagerrating? I haven't been back for awhile so wouldn't know.

Banned
    You'll have to explain to me what the Handwringer is I've had a good look online and can't find any reference to a newspaper being known by that name. And I'm not sticking up for benefit cheats here. The pictures of those protesting in London clearly have serious disabilities, and they shouldn't lose out when so much money's being squandered elsewhere.

The Guardian aka Daily Handwringer

The leadswingers are hardly going to come out and be photographed demonstrating are they ? Too busy on the Golf Course or mucking out the stables. Have a look at this BBC "Saints and Scroungers"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2mks...eature=related

Currently on BBC I Player more benefit cheats and an illegal immigrant who ripped off the NHS for Ł270000 http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...i_Pact_Harlow/

Banned
    Seen a lot of these type stories, specifically remember a guy who was on incapacity benefit and was filmed playing sunday league football

A COUPLE on disability benefits who claimed they could barely walk were filmed mucking out their stud farm.

Nicolas and Mair Arnold, both 57, pocketed Ł6,000 in care and mobility allowance after stating they were housebound.

Nicolas wrote on claim forms that "words could not describe" how tough his life was.

Mair ... *sounds an appropriate moni(c)ker for a woman running a stud farm. Husband, Nicolas apparently impotent, too!! [Again *phonetically speaking] I'll say "neigh" mair!

... least they got tagged after being collared!

You mean he's suffering from some mental illness due to his weed smoking, or he's actually declared he's not fit for work because he's permanently stoned? And beer allowances Is this stuff for real, or are you guys just exagerrating? I haven't been back for awhile so wouldn't know.
    Yes alcohol allowances are real

Fancy having the nerve to admit that
    do you really watch Jeremy Kyle or do you just put the tv on for background noise

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    do you really watch Jeremy Kyle or do you just put the tv on for background noise
    Usuaully the latter if I can't be bothered putting a music DVD on

Trusted Member
    When drunken violent and/or abusive louts are being transported to hospital at great expense to the tax payer every night of the week throughout the UK, is it surprising that there isn't enough NHS money to go to the genuinely needy ?

If any form of privatisation is needed in the NHS right now it is in the area of 'patient' transportation and A and E costs.

ALL non-emergency transport not ACCIDENT-related should be billed to the recipient.

Costs related to excessive alcohol consumption...transport and treatment (breathalyse) ....payable immediately.

Time to toughen up on irresponsible idiots, timewasters and parasites.

Will anyone in our govt. have the guts to do it ? NO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    When drunken violent and/or abusive louts are being transported to hospital at great expense to the tax payer every night of the week throughout the UK, is it surprising that there isn't enough NHS money to go to the genuinely needy ?

If any form of privatisation is needed in the NHS right now it is in the area of 'patient' transportation and A and E costs.

ALL non-emergency transport not ACCIDENT-related should be billed to the recipient.

Costs related to excessive alcohol consumption...transport and treatment (breathalyse) ....payable immediately.

Time to toughen up on irresponsible idiots, timewasters and parasites.

Will anyone in our govt. have the guts to do it ? NO.
    Valid points Graham the Nanny State needs abolishing

That used to include me

the genuinely needy ?
    ... me for instance? Cap in hand ... !

Trusted Member
    Health concerns us all, that's why there is a "Health Issues" section, and everyone no doubt feels they have a right to an opinion on how a nation's health service should be run. David Cameron has a so-called "listening" panel, the NHS Future Forum, although there's a lack of information on local meetings to allow people to "engage" with the forum. But members can be absolutely sure that all health specialties are making their informed opinions known.
    Good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth. How envious our friends from the Philippines must be, when UK healthcare is essentially free at the point of delivery, funded centrally from taxation. Attempting to selectively charge people - over and above taxation - would be a bureaucratic nightmare, even if they could afford it, requiring more, not less managers. Doctors would be struck off by the GMC if they tried refusing treatment because a patient was a smoker, or ate or drank to excess. There are few conditions which are not the result of "lifestyle choices" - it's not for us to make judgements on how responsible they may or may not have been. What is certain, however, is that no health service can cope with current levels of alcohol abuse, smoking, and obesity. This can't easily be provided through competition because some patients are more complicated and expensive than others. Competition drives down cost and also quality. Private companies will cherry-pick the easiest and most profitable procedures. Privatisation of patient transport and Accident and Emergency are thus non-starters. The NHS pools everyone's risk and money, and the rich pay for the poor. This provides a decent, but occasionally bad, service, which needs to be improved and made more efficient.
    I have no idea who, apart from myself, has read the proposed NHS reforms. But it seems to me that handing commissioning to GP consortia, while not a quick fix, is the right way forward. NICE ( National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence ) will set the quality standards to guide the GP's. The standards then have to be audited. That takes time. It will take less time to know whether or not David Cameron has listened to the NHS Future Forum. Sadly he won't read opinions on this forum. But members who don't live in England are also more interested in information on matters concerning them. I certainly didn't join to be drawn into debates on the NHS. Advice on health is a different issue altogether, gladly given .

Trusted Member
    Thanks for your comments.

I'm sure more are welcome from other taxpayers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information