Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prices shot up

Prices shot up

Looking to fly to Davao end of October/early November want to go with Singapore airlines if poss fares seemed to be about £850 when I last looked a few weeks ago now £1300
    Even if you go with fuel hiked up by 30% that still does not add up

Trusted Member
    Shouldn't be too dear that time of year.

As ever...shop around.

I always seem to book my tickets about a week before and STILL get good prices, so what does one do ?

the trouble with sticking with one airline is that they expect the suckers ie customers to keep paying whatever they charge, never do this and always look around
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Prices have gone up on a daily basis lately.

Prices to Manila went from £600 to £800 within a week during the school holidays ...... the travel industry keeps telling us it's demand.... who the takes their kids on holiday to Manila?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Prices have gone up on a daily basis lately.

Prices to Manila went from £600 to £800 within a week during the school holidays ...... the travel industry keeps telling us it's demand.... who the takes their kids on holiday to Manila?
    i fly with klm frequently and their charges have crept n crept n crept up... especially more in philippine holiday season, this christmas gone their flights went sky high.. even tho i search for acceptable price ranges they all go thru the roof at the same time... have u also noticed how the peso drops durring the holiday seasons too..

on another note if u have booked flights for phils and you need connecting flights to where ever... ive had some great bargains as low as 300p one way ..if u book well in advance ..

Banned
    If you want the cheapest try Kuwait airlines. Not the greatest service, and it'll take quite a bit longer than the Singapore route, but they're your best bet for the lowest price. Or Qatar airlines after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Walaytawo View Post
    If you want the cheapest try Kuwait airlines. Not the greatest service, and it'll take quite a bit longer than the Singapore route, but they're your best bet for the lowest price. Or Qatar airlines after that.
    i kno one thing i get sick n tired of searching for a decent price and ooohhh wot a relief wen uve got one regardless of the price... theres no such thing now as standbys or open returns agghh

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by branno View Post
    i kno one thing i get sick n tired of searching for a decent price and ooohhh wot a relief wen uve got one regardless of the price... theres no such thing now as standbys or open returns agghh
    You can't trust these cheapflight.coms for the best prices, best looking for smaller independents or with the airline itself. Strange one with my last ticket. It says in the eticket £35 to change the date, but when I phoned up to change it they said it's free first time, £75 each time after that

Quote Originally Posted by Walaytawo View Post
    You can't trust these cheapflight.coms for the best prices, best looking for smaller independents or with the airline itself. Strange one with my last ticket. It says in the eticket £35 to change the date, but when I phoned up to change it they said it's free first time, £75 each time after that
    im still lost why a return is cheaper than a single ?

we booked our flights at the begining of this year for dec jan2012, found the price we was happy with and thats £555 with cathay and paid, now they are up to way over £800 for the same flights, sometimes if you can know your dates it pays to book early

By the time I added on all the 'extra' charges for these other sites, booking direct with the airline worked out the same, and I always prefer to book direct even if it's a few quid more. One less thing to go wrong taking out the middle man
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    By the time I added on all the 'extra' charges for these other sites, booking direct with the airline worked out the same, and I always prefer to book direct even if it's a few quid more. One less thing to go wrong taking out the middle man
    I agree with you , when we flew with Thai air at Christmas I bought the tickets through an online agent and it was only when I tried to reserve seats I found that we were restricted to certain seat rows in the economy section as it was a special discounted ticket. Also, baggage weight was at the lower end.
    So many things to take into consideration when shopping around for prices that I`m getting to the stage of cant be bothered and go direct to airline.

Respected Member
    We're looking for flights in October. It's supposed toi be cheap that time of year, but it seems like we're still looking at more than £600, and that's going via the middle east.

The days of getting to the Philippines for less than £500 are long gone. It's hard to believe that I paid £300 to get there a few years ago!

Trusted Member
    In real terms comparable flights are still much cheaper than they were 20 years ago.

What really annoys me is that they can't justify a hike from around £850-£1350
    If I look at a flight to phuket it's about £600 has their fuel not gone up too(not Singapore airlines tho)
    May just fly Maricel over to Phuket and meet her there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesey View Post
    We're looking for flights in October. It's supposed toi be cheap that time of year, but it seems like we're still looking at more than £600, and that's going via the middle east.

The days of getting to the Philippines for less than £500 are long gone. It's hard to believe that I paid £300 to get there a few years ago!
    Hello Jamesey and anyone willing to book up now,

Have a look on Malaysia airlines website they have a sale on at the moment. some flights are £1 excluding taxes. though i can not see 2 of those flights together be quick as these sell out quickly!! October 5 to 26 is £571. might be worth a shout. Great airline by the way, flown with them twice before.

look on the airline website as some have sales which you wont find on comparison sites

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    In real terms comparable flights are still much cheaper than they were 20 years ago.
    That's generally true, however I flew from Heathrow to Sydney with BA in 1991 for £25 return

Trusted Member
    Yes, but it must have been pretty cramped in that carry-on bag.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Yes, but it must have been pretty cramped in that carry-on bag.
    I was OK until they shoved me in the overhead locker

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve monty View Post
    Hello Jamesey and anyone willing to book up now,

Have a look on Malaysia airlines website they have a sale on at the moment. some flights are £1 excluding taxes. though i can not see 2 of those flights together be quick as these sell out quickly!! October 5 to 26 is £571. might be worth a shout. Great airline by the way, flown with them twice before.
    A big thanks, Steve Monty. This was a great piece of advice!

We managed to get flights in October for about £550 each. They're even on a weekend so we can maximise our holiday.

he cant book a flight and were planning to get marry here in august...cause the fares were all high cost..can u give me some link that might help him to get the cheapest price??thanxx and have a good day to everyone!!

I've been looking at flights for July/aug and on emirates they have shot up to nearly £1195 return which is a significant increase.
    I'd be happy to also know. If anyone sees any deals but being uk holiday it's going to be expensive for a while!

I'm a great "advocate" of Singapore Airlines. However, Myrna's niece's husband and their elder daughter (18) will be flying to Davao from Newcastle next Friday for 6 weeks. Apparently the total fare would've cost £2K Return between the two of them with SA ... so, instead, they'll be travelling via Dubai en route with 'Emirates' I don't know how much less they're paying - Myrna didn't ask - but I reckon it must be quite a whack!

Trusted Member
    'Dial-a Flight' and 'Flightbookers' are usually pretty good.

Banned
    Sept I know but

Etihad 05 Sep 2011 - 30 Nov 2011 £523 30kg baggage book by 14 July

http://www.pic-uk.com/en/component/o...112/Itemid,37/

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    I've been looking at flights for July/aug and on emirates they have shot up to nearly £1195 return which is a significant increase.
    I'd be happy to also know. If anyone sees any deals but being uk holiday it's going to be expensive for a while!
    Try Ebookers.com, they have flights with Etihad for £608 flying on 8th to 24th august or £633 on 6th to 24th august or £649 on 8th to 31st august. Most of the time i have found ebookers the cheapest, try calling them they might be able to sort out an even better deal,thats what i have done in the past..

i use skyscanner first then work on there price

I usually check direct with my airlines of choice first.

Then Skyscanner

great minds think alike there terpe, yes one of us may be back to front but we get there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information