Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Warning - Asian dating sites

Hi,im sure many of you will already know this but there will be many new members who wont so i thought i would write a little about my experience with one of the most popular Asian dating sites.

First thoughts - Couldnt wait to get on it
    Second thoughts - Dissapointed
    Third thoughts - Wonders what the world is coming to

Ok,im on my 4th week now,deciding to sit back and see what comes along. Well over 400 profile views and 350+ 'Interests' from the lovely women on there,great i thought! Well not so. Once you have taken out the Ghanan,Nigerian and other african scammers who pretend to be whoever you want left me with around 250! Not so bad i thought until i started 'IM' some of the beautiful ladies that had added me to there favourites. What are they? More scammers who want to send you a link to a website where they get payed. YES they are the extra pretty girls with less clothing on than the others in there pictures. Thats another 100 down so that left me with 150 atleast.Not so bad after all ! So to the last 150 or so. Well to be honest although im 41 im not really interested in being with anyone over 35 and rightly or wrongly i would prefer without children,so another 50 or so can be knocked off. Now down to the last 100 of which half of them live in the UK. Well i know i hit a few branches on the way down from the ugly tree but im not being called handsome,sexy and all the other things you get called by the asian women back in there countries. I wonder why! I guess they can be more choosey when living here. So thats me,4 weeks on the site and now on the verge of of sifting though the last 25 or so!
    Anyway for those new people joining the site or simular please watch out for the scammers!

Banned
    Good advice Haven't been on a dating site for a few years now. Was talking to a Danish fella the other night and he swears by them, but he's here already so can quickly separate the wheat from the chaff with a meeting. But when you're so far away from these ladies it can be a real minefield.

Trusted Member
    Agreed...good advice.

Do you want me to narrow it down another 20 for you...just to save time. lol!

To be fair, I have come across some really nice genuine girls too, but then again I'm extremely handsome, charming and...

Never been on a dating site,my advice would always be holiday in Pinas for a month or two if your genuinely seeking a pinay woman,and if it HAS to be a pinay for whatever reason theres plenty in the UK,they also have the right to be
    more choosey when living here
    Just as the guys have

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Alot of good points Norwich guy.
    I agree with you on your observations on filipinas wanting someone there nearer there own ages when finally settled here.

I noticed this when I was on my quest on filipina heart.

Y oucould spot them a mile away.....they'd been here 5 years, own house with kids....obviously they've shed there old husband.....in the process getting the house and probably the car and child support from the hapless ex husband until he's in the ground.

N orwich guy, there are scammers everywhere, not just on asian sites.......just have your wits about you and learn from others on this forum who have fallen foul.....me inclined......its early days for you.....4 weeks is a short time to draw conclusions....there are many genuine ladies out there just waiting to find Mr Right.....keep looking Norwich Guy

Good Luck

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Never been on a dating site,my advice would always be holiday in Pinas for a month or two if your genuinely seeking a pinay woman
    I guess a lot of guys don't have the option to spend more than a few weeks out here because of work commitments. A lot seem to want to fasttrack the whole thing - even marrying on their first visit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaytawo View Post
    I guess a lot of guys don't have the option to spend more than a few weeks out here because of work commitments. A lot seem to want to fasttrack the whole thing - even marrying on their first visit
    Lets be sensible here.....at least until the second visit

even marrying on their first visit
    Met a few like that I also know a couple of ex-pats who find regular bed partners from sites such as Date In Asia,I know an american working in Zambo who gets through an extraordinary amount of women in a year through trawling such sites and meeting prospective bedmates when in cebu and manila.It takes all sorts

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Met a few like that I also know a couple of ex-pats who find regular bed partners from sites such as Date In Asia,I know an american working in Zambo who gets through an extraordinary amount of women in a year through trawling such sites and meeting prospective bedmates when in cebu and manila.It takes all sorts
    The Great Dane I met the other night has them delivered to his door. He seemed a bit put out the other night with it being Good Friday that he'd have to take a cruise down by the bank

I got a lift down with him, then accidentally lost him

hmmmm is it worth me trying again maybe with a UK pinoy ? or am I best leaving well alone?

I too have a story to tell - my ex that I lived with in Phil's for over 2yrs was already chatting to another 1 month before I even came back to UK. He's there now being fleeced for trip after trip, shopping etc - we all know what happens !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Walaytawo View Post
    A lot seem to want to fasttrack the whole thing - even marrying on their first visit
    Hardly surprising, really ... because of the way the Visa System operates. Nowadays, it's so much more difficult for people from countries like the Phils to come here simply to visit someone. And that is a knock-on effect from the countless number of times the system has been abused over many past years by folk with absolutely no intention of returning to their homeland within the validity period allocated.

Trusted Member
    They're incapable of using common sense in immigration, or whatever it calls itself now.

Then again, since a lot of the staff seem to originate from Pakistan or India, maybe a few places are being reserved for family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Then again, since *a lot of the staff seem to originate from Pakistan or India, maybe a few places are being reserved for family and friends.
    I'd noticed *that too from watching UK Border Force on the Sky3 Freeview channel ... so what you're saying wouldn't surprise me in the least!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by philphil61 View Post
    hmmmm is it worth me trying again maybe with a UK pinoy ? or am I best leaving well alone?

I too have a story to tell - my ex that I lived with in Phil's for over 2yrs was already chatting to another 1 month before I even came back to UK. He's there now being fleeced for trip after trip, shopping etc - we all know what happens !!!!
    At least you know now it wasn't personal

I've been using dating sites on and off since about 2005 up until last summer, mainly British sites. The things I've learnt -

Beware of women who only upload a single photo of themselves. It might not be them or it might be an old photo from 2002. Several photo's will give you a better insight to what she looks like but seeing her on cam is really necessary as her body language tells you a lot more about her, as well as seeing her in a different light from her pics. It's also good to speak orally.

One of the most important things to remember is - hundreds of guys could be zooming in on the same girl you want, so unless she seems focused and interested in you, it's more than likely she's not, so move on. If she is interested, make sure it's for the right reasons before getting too involved.

There are plenty of genuine females out there Norwichguy waiting to be found. You just gotta bide your time and be patient and wait till she arrives.

Never used a dating Site I found My missus by pure chance.

But for those who have never been to Phill but want to find a Asian/Phill Partner. Before doing so read on this site and others about the culutre. At first im sure you will think everyone is out to scam you but not the case im sure.

A buddy is looking for a Phill partner and has met girls previously now im no expert but in the last 6-7 years I have been imersed in Phill culture to a degree and things I notice seem to totally pass by my worldy wise mate.

Dont expert the person to think or act like a Brit. Pinays who speak English and can appear western and know much about western culture can make you think oh she is just like a British Girl. She is not and if you try and read her like a Brit girl you will get it badly wrong..

Things that seem to help

learn some Tagalog goes along way trust me.

Learn some popular culture in Phill, Phills are very inward looking even though they are immersed in western and easten culture.

Phill culture that is most important to many phill foods. Phills talk about food like brits do the weather!!!

learn some american phraseswords Ie garbage, diapers, Sidewalks the English they write and speak is american not English.

Talk about shopping and what not ie general costs. If they seem to be inflated (check with people on here) then warning bells should be sounding!!

Be prepare to text or im at lot at any possible waking moment Pinays love to Chika chika..

If a Pinay your dating is not communicating with you every moment she can (if its within her means) then alarm bells will be ringing if I was you.

Pinays will generaly be very romantic and think a man is a man and a woman is a woman. Romance her once you are comfortable with one another dont forget to send e cards. emails and possibly real letters if possible (Sending money and gifts should wait a while)

If you can afford and it seems right send a gift rather than money. She may be cautious and not want to give her address for various reasons including the fact houses in phill often are dam hard to find!

Gifts can be ordered from online firms in Phill for delivery which avoids customs and the postal service. I can remeber using and the plus points are there is not a long delay from ordering to arrival.

I would also keep a log of all chat both if things turn serious so you have a record for visa applications but also if things dont add up worth looking back on what was said..
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

all it takes is for the right person to be at the same time as yourself, yes there are scammers but after a while they do show themselves, the sites do work for many people, be true in what you want and stick to it , someone will come along , it takes months even years to be sure

Trusted Member
    Another tip:

Get their email address and type it on to the Facebook search.

Also try it on 'Friendster' and check their Yahoo 'profile'.

Try googling their real name and email add. too.

Surprising what you can find out, and what pictures come up, along with their other contacts.
    Sometimes you'll even find that they've been named as scammers before.

Funny how many are pictured cuddling babies or little kids too, considering they're supposed to be childless. Yes, it could be their sibling, BUT.

Finally:
    There is no substitute for getting yourself out there for a 21 day holiday.

I guarantee you will fall in love every 20 minutes ...but at least you've a hope of buying them a drink and having a chat.
    A lot better than mooching over a computer screen and daydreaming, for what....the price of a cheap secondhand car ?

Got to agree with grahamw48 again about checking emails etc it will do u no harm

but

remember they might have other email addresses that you don't know about (mine had 2 other email addresses and a few other id's on dating sites that I found out later (or is that too late).

Banned
    Its a difficult one.........checking up on them behind there backs.....not a good start to a probably life long relationship.....when do you propose to tell her about your Pink Panther routine?.......you will tell her, the sense of guilt will be crushing.......In my mind, best just to use your instincts.....if's it dont feel right, it more than likely isn't. Time to move on.

Trusted Member
    Some of them are good at their jobs.

They can often be chatting to 6 guys on screen at the same time in those internet cafes, as well as talking to their mates, texting and eating a piece of barbecued chicken. .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Some of them are good at their jobs.

They can often be chatting to 6 guys on screen at the same time in those internet cafes, as well as talking to their mates, texting and eating a piece of barbecued chicken. .
    Hahaha very funny. You forgot to mention the pedicure.

Ive seen a girl with 4 on the go.......im sure if the monitor was bigger she'd have a bus load on there

just remember there is nothing wrong with talking to many, until you both find each other thats how we do it, talk to differant people, once you both make up your minds then its time to be one on one and trust each other, i can remember long ago when i was looking, my god so many and all beautiful too, even the men dressed up as ladies too, thats another story though

time will tell, dont rush into things,

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Its a difficult one.........checking up on them behind there backs.....not a good start to a probably life long relationship.....when do you propose to tell her about your Pink Panther routine?.......you will tell her, the sense of guilt will be crushing.......In my mind, best just to use your instincts.....if's it dont feel right, it more than likely isn't. Time to move on.
    I think it's only wise to trust your instincts once you've had quite a bit of experience of women and know exactly what you want. If that wasn't the case I would do my homework. Best covering your back than risking going through heartache & possible financial problems or ending up with a ladyboy . Yeah, it might seem sneaky but there's too many potential banana skins, so there shouldn't be any feelings of guilt.

People in local relationships in phil and the UK check one anothers background out wheter its asking shared friends or using other methods. I would advise those in ldrs to do even more checking out. I would be happy for my partner to check my background out as I have nothing to hide (not there is much about me online) and would advise her sister for example to check a brit bf out in case there was a issue..

hi
    i enjoyed your article which was written in an amusing way does bear truth
    i always found that the prettiest pics but more importantly the professional looking pics of as you say sexy poses and often nice backdrops gave me alarm bells and i got the gist of these in particular
    did you also notice that any questions you asked seemed to be avoided the reason mostly i worked out was because it was a standard prepared reply prob sent to many interested guys plus they all seem to conclude in the desire to obtain a visa to visit you at your exspense
    thats the scam often weeks after you have been replying or sending emails
    so yes be suspicious and check out my theory as i have experienced in the past
    ive looked through many i still get emails now 3yrs after i deleted my profile on some sites
    remember often the westerner man is seen as an opourtunity and the internet is fair game to be conned
    my most memorable con was from the most gorgeous russian girl or ukrainian after i cldnt believe my luck i actually paid a few pounds to do a search on the given name and phone number given email address
    the returning report was amusing obv the tel number was an unregistered phone number no record existed of the name and the address was a picture house{cinema}
    worth the few quid to learn one of my first valuable lessons
    age old saying if it looks to good to be true it prob is to good to be true lol
    these sites do work but do be suspicious and good luck

great reading but did it put you off were all considered meal tickets by most but thankfully not all
    its not always easy to seperate the honest girls they can be great con women instint seems the best way but not always reliable when a guy is blinded by often the beauty of these girls
    ive heard first hand many horror stories my most recent a very very pretty philippino who had a tourist visa to uk ive seen her pics and she has just returned back to the phils with a fairly wealthy english business man much older than herself but the riddle is this girl is married in the phils two kids her real husband knows of whats going on and will pretend to be her brother on her return they unsuspecting man plans to buy a place there so poor guy
    it might sound unbelievable but it happens
    another guy i met in phils two weeks ago is in similar position his wife is married twice but obv the 2nd to a wealthy japanese man must be void purely for money again two young kids involved this guy also knows about everything and acts as the driver to drive the unsuspecting japanese man and who he thinks is his wife around astonished to say the least or did i live a very sheltered life
    so forgive me if i remain even now a little suspicious but luckily i do believe my girl as we do chat about such things openly and spending a fair bit of time there in the local comunity is a real eye opener
    i read i book once on thai culture which has similar attitudes so beware if extended family suddenly appears along your journey together
    i do believe most genuine girls do just want to have a secure future with a fair and decent guy to look after them and most likely the family too its often expected all will prob love you in there own way
    good luck i hope everyone finds there happiness

here a good site to check photos if you think they be of celebrities or models

http://www.tineye.com

already caught one girl or guy out with it

I was I little suspicious of her photos as they all looked like to be professionally taken and they looked to me of modelling photo shot

photos turned out to be of kim chiu filipina actress

When I said that the photo were of kin chiu, she said yes and she was kim chiu
    and was using a different name coz she was famous
    in the philippines (yeah right)

I did ask her when her birth date was, after a good few minutes (her connection must been slow to Google it to find out) she did tell me.

and ofcourse she did not have a web cam

she did ask me to go a web site to rate her all I had to dio was enter my cc details

now I may just have blown my chances with a beautiful filipina actress

Thread Information