Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Civil Marriage in the PI, help with requirements please!

Hello everyone, hoping you guys could help us.

Tom and I initially planned for me going to the UK under a fiance visa but later on upon discussions we are now opting in getting married here in the PI and then having a small ceremony in the UK early next year

Tom is divorced and I got annuled just early this year.

here are some bits and pieces we have researched, let us know please if we are missing something

TOM:
    1. Passport I.D- 2 xerox copies
    2. Date of Arrival (latest) 2 xerox copies
    3. CENOMAR - from NSO - 1 orig & 1 xerox copy
    5. Judicial decree of absolute divorce - 1 orig & 2 xerox copies
    6.CNI from UK
    JULIE:
    1. CENOMAR- from NSO - 1 orig & 1 xerox copy
    2. Certificate of Finality from the Courth - 1 orig & 2 xerox copies
    3. Certificate of Registration from the LCR - 1 orig & 2 xerox copies
    4. CEDULA (latest) - 1 orig & 2 xerox copies
    5. Brgy. Certificate - 1 orig & 1 xerox copy
    6. Certificate of attendance (for the seminar) - 1 orig & 1 photocopy

Procedure:
    -Tom arrive Ph go to embassy to file the CNIfrom the UK and going back the next day for the papers.
    -Go to local civil registry and schedule/attend the seminar
    -pick up the license after 10 days.
    -get married

Did Tom and I missed any requirement or with the procedure, if so, what are they?
    Thank you for reading this and hopefully to hear back anything, it will be appreciated.

Thanks
    T&J

Banned
    Tom won't be needing number 3 on his list unless he's from The Philippines.

He will need to get his photo copied passport certified. My dentist did mine.

It will also help your cause if you provide a detailed cover letter covering any grey areas.

Your list Julie is spot on. Im sure you will get many more replies, it's 0430 hrs, most sane folk are in bed now.

Good luck and God bless

Mark.

julie don't forget your birth certificates it looks like you have not mentioned them here,,
    live and let live

@keeperlit -- thanks will add birth certificates on the list

@gwapito -- so we dont need cenomar for tom? , right?

is there anything else were missing aside from the above?

thanks so much! this forum has been of great help.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperlit View Post
    julie don't forget your birth certificates it looks like you have not mention them here,,
    thanks for pointing that out, will include now on the list

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Tom won't be needing number 3 on his list unless he's from The Philippines.

He will need to get his photo copied passport certified. My dentist did mine.

It will also help your cause if you provide a detailed cover letter covering any grey areas.

Your list Julie is spot on. Im sure you will get many more replies, it's 0430 hrs, most sane folk are in bed now.

Good luck and God bless

Mark.
    thanks so much for the reply, so it means Tom (who is based in London) doesnt need CENOMAR, will note that.

anymore we missed?

this forum is of great help!

-T&J

Hi julie & welcome to the forum. With regards tom needing a cenomar I think it can depend on the local registry office. Many on here have said that they did not need it but I got married in February & it was a requirment. Check with your local registry office. The cenomar is easy & cheap to obtain from the nso, I think all you need to bring is a photocopie of toms birth cert. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayjen View Post
    Hi julie & welcome to the forum. With regards tom needing a cenomar I think it can depend on the local registry office. Many on here have said that they did not need it but I got married in February & it was a requirment. Check with your local registry office. The cenomar is easy & cheap to obtain from the nso, I think all you need to bring is a photocopie of toms birth cert. Good luck!
    oh ok will keep that in mind, I should rather get it then for Tom just in case will be needing it. thanks for the heads up. You got married Feb? so are you guys applying for a spouse visa anytime soon? or got it already?

H julie, yep, we submitted our spouse visa application 24 march. We're hoping to hear something anytime now. It's a busy time for visas but I'm starting to get nervous the longer the wait! Especially there's been a few refusals lately

Quote Originally Posted by Julie-Tom View Post
    thanks for pointing that out, will include now on the list
    your very welcome julie ,, congratulations are you in manila if you are and you have not booked your wedding yet,,,we can give you the name of venue and catering supplies who did our wedding it was brilliant we had no problems at all,,,,,best wishes john and karen
    live and let live

Quote Originally Posted by keeperlit View Post
    your very welcome julie ,, congratulations are you in manila if you are and you have not booked your wedding yet,,,we can give you the name of venue and catering supplies who did our wedding it was brilliant we had no problems at all,,,,,best wishes john and karen
    Thank you no at mo Im in Isabela province finishing off some impt stuff then to Manila in a few days for some docs to process, we are looking into a wedding this July in Batangas or Antipolo. if all goes to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayjen View Post
    H julie, yep, we submitted our spuce visa application 24 march. We'r hoping to hear something anytime now. It's a busy time for visas but I'm starting to get nervous the longer the wait!Especially there's been a few refusals latly

Im sure everything will be allright! make sure keep us posted for the results and hopefully by September (we plan to lodge the appli) you can give us tips, thanks a ton.

Thank you no at mo Im in Isabela province finishing off some impt stuff then to Manila in a few days for some docs to process, we are looking into a wedding this July in Batangas or Antipolo. if all goes to plan.
    we have a house in antipolo city which we will be in 2 weeks from now ,,,plus karen has family in lobo batangas ,,,,,,we got married in the glass gardens event,,,,,,anyway congratulations to you and tom,,,,john and karen
    live and let live

Trusted Member
    Blimey...forgot I had to go through all that crap.

'It must have been love'...

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Blimey...forgot I had to go through all that crap.

'It must have been love'...

it must be love!!
    this paperworks are harder than my masteral thesis,
    and all along I thought the hardest part was watching cricket on the telly (when all along I wanna watch "keeping up with teh Kardeshians"), going to f1 trips when I dont know any of the f1 racing drivers (I know shoot me), watching rugby 7 and secretly snoozing (all i know is they are bunch of guys with big necks) , drinking tea even when scourging heat... could go on and on.
    all for the sake of love! if he was able to be patient with me for years now in all my tantrums flying around when we were living together in Dubai, then he deserves my patience with this documents and process til we are reunited again this time forever ( I mean that)

Banned

it must be love!!
    this paperworks are harder than my masteral thesis,
    and all along I thought the hardest part was watching cricket on the telly (when all along I wanna watch "keeping up with teh Kardeshians"), going to f1 trips when I dont know any of the f1 racing drivers (I know shoot me), watching rugby 7 and secretly snoozing (all i know is they are bunch of guys with big necks) , drinking tea even when scourging heat... could go on and on.
    all for the sake of love! if he was able to be patient with me for years now in all my tantrums flying around when we were living together in Dubai, then he deserves my patience with this documents and process til we are reunited again this time forever ( I mean that)
    Sounds if you got it tough, Julie .

So your going to f1 weekends, lucky you. I know a few of us would give our high teeth for the same privilege.

Not so with the rugby

The paperwork is a piece of cake If a simpleton truck driver like me can work it out, so can you.

Keep us posted

Sounds if you got it tough, Julie .

So your going to f1 weekends, lucky you. I know a few of us would give our high teeth for the same privilege.
    I actually didnt understand anything about f1 :( but I enjoyed Beyonce performance after the race, that and of course Toms' company.

Not so with the rugby
    ditto!

but in fairness Im starting to like football, only cheering for fiance's team of course.

and for sure Im going to keep u posted, will be asking more q's along the way.

thanks and have a good day! you are having a lovely weather back in the UK enjoy enjoy.

J&T

hello please help me about CNI thing

does my fiance need my birth certificate and cenomar in getting his CNI translated here in British embassy taguig?

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    certificate of registration from LCR (Local Civil Registrar) is applied to those who are living in the provinces/cities outside Manila.

Its the same as your BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

Thread Information