Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Hello !

Rayjen -
    Well im glad to hear some good news about a visit visa, we spoke about it last night and are going to proceed with it but without thinking its a 100% certainty. Where did Jen go to help with the visitor visa ?? Good luck with the spouse visa keep me informed.
    We are going to put as many reason as possible i say its always better to be prepaired.
    Good luck to you both.

Quote Originally Posted by James101 View Post
    Rayjen -
    Well im glad to hear some good news about a visit visa, we spoke about it last night and are going to proceed with it but without thinking its a 100% certainty. Where did Jen go to help with the visitor visa ?? Good luck with the spouse visa keep me informed.
    We are going to put as many reason as possible i say its always better to be prepaired.
    Good luck to you both.
    From what you've said it seems a reasonable approach, and the cost is not bad.
    Please do some search here, it might help.
    Key issues are strong enough home country ties to convince the ECO she will return home.
    Sufficient funding for the trip.

Hi James, jen didn't get any advice other than this site. She completted the application without any solicitors or agencys. This site is fantastic, just put visit visa in search & read read read. I think the fact your gf is self employed could help as she can take time off, also maybe show some bookings that she has to come home to attend to. If it's possible I'd recommend trying to take your gf on holiday outside pp maybe hong kong as I'm sure this helped our application plus it's a great place. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by James101 View Post

We are both looking forward to happy future together here in the UK its just the missing each other in the middle that sucks.

Are you near Abingdon ? My sister lives there such a lovely place.
    Yeah Abingdon is just down the road, 5 minute drive.

It is hard being apart, but if you keep in contact regularly like you are doing it is a lot easier. Just have to remember the good times and think soon that will be happening again!

Welcome to the forum James. Glad to hear that you are both taking a sensible approach with your relationship and planning a trial visit to the UK as the next step. Most on here appear to submit visa applications themselves rather that engaging a third party to do so. Good luck with your application and I hope that you will be together again soon

welcome to the forum james

Thanks again to you all and all the good luck wishes. We will keep you informed step by step.
    James & Rizz

Newbie (Restricted Access) Rizz211's Avatar
    Hello hun, Boo! I joined this site so it's easier to follow the advices of the members who have gone through what we are going through now. The visa mania! Lol. I saw their replies and it's good to learn from their experiences.
    Yes, it would be nice to see your place, meet your family and friends first before getting married. I can't wait to be with you. But I think if we won't be lucky enough to get the visitor visa, like Steve Monty, you will have to travel half a across the world again to get married.
    I promise I will stick to the wedding budget. Lol.
    Thanks everybody for your help! It would be nice to hear more form you.

James & Rizz

Newbie (Restricted Access) Lorna's Avatar
    Hi Rizz, I'm Lorna from Davo City too. You look very familiar. I think I have attended some of you weddings in Davao.
    I have been living in Bristol with my husband Renz. We are very happy with our marriage and will be our 4th anniversary this June. But just like you, we had those crazy visa days too, paper works, doubts, teary days and nights, etc. It's not easy to be far from someone that you love.
    We dated online for 1 years. Then he went to Davao to meet me and stayed for 3 weeks. We had a great time together. Loys of tears when we went home. We fell more in love after our meeting. We applied for a visit visa but was denied. Visa in not cheap. Renz is an average earner. So he saved up again. He went back to Davao and we decided to get married. And my spouse visa was granted after 3 months, So I went to Bristol and started a life with him.
    Good luck Rizz and James! You look pretty together

Hi there Lorna,
    That's a nice story

Hello Lorna, nice to hear from you. I hope I will be there on June so I can make a lovely wedding anniversary you and Renz
    James and I were dating for 1 year and half then finally met here in Davao last month. We had a lovely time with family and friends. And yes I agree on those lots of tears on the day that you have to drop them back at the airport.
    Our plan is for me to visit Uk and stay there for 2 months to see the place and the life, and meet his family and friends. We don't want to rush into marriage. If my stay in Uk goes well, we can go back to Davao and get married. I hope we are lucky to get the visitor visa.
    It would be nice to see you and Renz. Any photos? Thanks for sharing your story. Couples like you is an inspiration to us

Hi there Riz, welcome to the forum.

Hi again Rizz, will post photos soon. I just joined this site to check cheap flights coz we are planning to spend Christmas in the Philippines. Then I saw your story in this forum which is almost like mine.
    Renz and I had the same plans. I visit Uk, stay for a while, see how things go. We didn't want to rush marriage coz we didn't want regrets in the future. But there are laws that don't allow us to do what we have planned. I know how the distance hurts too,
    When I failed with my visit visa, we got so depressed. We almost gave up and stopped talking for a week. I told Renz to find somebody else who lives in Uk. But I got an email from Renz saying that he's going back to Davao.
    You have been in that relationship for a long time. And maybe you talk more than those couples who actually live together. Both of you know if you are for marriage or not. The heart can tell Rizz. Will you like Uk? It's not an issue Rizz. You will like any place where you can live a life with the one you love.
    We had many doubts too. But I have no regrets that I married Renz. We are not as happy as we are now if we let doubts stop us.

Hi there Terpe, thanks. Just encouraging those lovers James & Rizz Almost the same situation like me and my husband Renz had.

Hi again Rizz, will post photos soon. I just joined this site to check cheap flights coz we are planning to spend Christmas in the Philippines. Then I saw your story in this forum which is almost like mine.
    Renz and I had the same plans. I will visit uk and see how things go. But some rules don't make it easy to do what we have planned.
    We had many doubts too. But I have no regrets that I married Renz. We are not as happy as we are now if we let doubts stop us.
    You have been in that relationship for a long time and by now your hearts can tell if you are for marriage or not.
    Keep the love ans stay true to each other

Hi Lorna, nice avatar of you and Renz. You look happy together. I can see Renz's big smile.
    So, how's life in Uk? Do you work there? When was the last time went home to Ph? Christmas at home sounds nice.
    Our plan stays the same. I will visit Uk if lucky enough with the visa. Do you have any ideas why your visitor visa was denied? Sorry I asked too many questions.
    1 year and a half with James has all been fun and lovely. No problems so far. I could marry him quick. Oh well, he's not an easy boy

thanks Terpe

Hi Lorna,
    Its a story that is very similar to ours, and yes your right i love Rizz more than ever since meeting. If the visit visa fails i will too be saving again for the next trip and then the marriage visa. Maybe asking you for tips soon.
    Take Care

James

Hello Rizz & James,
    Nice to hear from you both. Yes it’s the same story and I hope you end up happy with each other. Lol you’re funny Rizz, about james not an easy boy. I think he won’t join this site ans seek advice if he won’t marry you.
    I like it here in Uk. We always talk with people at home. I haven’t been there for 3 years because of work. I work in a child psychology clinic. If we find cheap flights we will go home on Christmas. Will you like Uk? It’s not an issue Rizz. You will like any place where you can be with the love of your life. I know so many asian women here who have the same stories like ours, and they didn’t have any problem in Uk. An you seem to be a lot smarter than them.
    I think my visit visa was denied coz I didn’t convince them that I am going back after it expires. I gave all the requirements. And maybe insufficient funds. But spouse visa worked quick for us.
    I don’t know anything about marriage visa James. Are you getting married here in Uk?

James, you may be getting confused with all the different visa, or perhaps just with terminology. A marriage visa is basically a special visit visa. It's sole purpose is to allow entry to UK for marriage and honeymoon. The holder needs to return to their home country before the expiry of the marriage visa (6 months).
    This visa is NOT switchable. Means no way to convert to any kind of settlement visa in UK.
    Hope this helps.
    If I misunderstood anything sorry.

Hi Lorna,
    Our plan was for Rizz to visit here then for her to return. Then for us to save up and get married here or in Ph whichever is the easier for visa reasons.
    James

Hello James & Rizz, if you are planning to apply for a spouse visa be sure you have kept your communication evidence since the year you have met each other. Letters, phone bills, chats, emails, photos etc. Be sure you won't lose them. You might start back at one if you lose your evidences. We don't want that to happen. Start the paper and printing works few months before your application. So you relax and don't rush.

Hello James & Rizz, if you are applying for spouse visa be sure you keep your contact evidence since the year you have met each other, such as chats, letters, phone bills, photos, emails, etc. Chats is the most important cos that’s how they see how see how frequent do you speak with each other. Be sure not to lose them, you might have to start back at one if you do.
    Help each other. It's a matter of team work.

Thanks for the info Terpe

Hi Lorna, big thanks for your advice. A started to arrange the receipts and letters yesterday. Lots of printing to do. I will need a new ink soon.
    Glad you like Uk. I will find it difficult to like it too. Yes far from home, but just to be with James would be all so lovely.
    Stay safe

Lol. Ooops, I mean I will Not find it difficult to like it too.

No Rizz, you will like it here. Good you're starting the work early so you stay relax and don't rush. We are hoping to hear a happy love story soon. You and James together in UK

That would be perfect Lorna, we would make a trip to Bristol on a tour of the UK for Rizz. Let her sample the delights of English cuisine. lol

That would be perfect Lorna, we would make a trip to Bristol on a tour of the UK for Rizz. Let her sample the delights of English cuisine. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information