Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The thing is 'Lid, people don't know you, your wife or the relationship you have with your wife. They certainly will not understand the culture that she comes from or the time and effort a LDR takes from both parties.. Many 'onlookers' will just see 'thai bride' and think the classic crap. I put it down to petty jealousy and like you say, narrowmindedness. There is 16 years between my wife and I, but we are great together, only when someone can walk in my shoes can they comment on my life.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I have lost the odd friend, over her though.
    All my friends are odd
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Many 'onlookers' will just see 'thai bride' and think the classic crap.
    Yes. I agree with that. An old female friend of mine refuses to talk to me now but when I asked her to justify her reasoning she came out with so much ill informed nonsense.

All my friends are odd
    Good man,I would never contemplate associating with someone who wasnt even slightly different

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I put it down to petty jealousy
    I dont think its jealousy Steve,because as we both know anyone of advanced years could fly to Pinas tomorrow and within a week be fixed up with a woman half his age,it really and truly isnt difficult at all,thats a fact,I think in the UK its more a cultural thing,we arent used to marrying younger partners,most people marry within their age'bracket near enough.Like I said I think its just a cultural thing,in Pinas its a lot more acceptable for a younger woman to marry a much older guy for security Though I did once ask a pinay who has an american male friend who is around 70 why she didnt have a pinoy male friend approx 70 years old,thats different she said......................

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    And long may it continue !

I remember my friend (Phil) saying that he'd been walking in the street in Bedford wearing a tee-shirt with a picture of a Filipina dancing girl from top to bottom of it, and also had the 'Firehouse' Manila logo on it.

This woman had walked up to him and called him a chauvinist pig.

Banned
    My ex girlfiend, from the UK, gave me a lot of earache about my wife marrying for financial gain / security also. Or at least she thought. But ironically she has just married a very wealthy scottish chap and thus has "married upwards". It goes on the world over.

Trusted Member
    Exactly.

Oh the hypocrisy.

The only time I ever had any concerns about age difference was very early on in the relationship with my wife and found out her age.
    My initial reaction was a bit like most I guess, that of thinking how could I keep this relationship going.
    Age gap doesn't bother me at all.
    Mind you I seem to look older and Carina seems to look even younger than her years

Wink

My ex girlfiend, from the UK, gave me a lot of earache about my wife marrying for financial gain / security also. Or at least she thought. But ironically she has just married a very wealthy scottish chap and thus has "married upwards". It goes on the world over.
    Oh ... sounds sooo, so familiar to me, too. After I was widowed, I had this on~off "thing" [I'll call it "liaison"] with a woman in my own age bracket (in fact I was her "toyboy" by 8 months. ) We even went on holiday together several times ... but she was forever letting me know she'd no intention of re-marrying as long as her ex-husband was alive ( not that I'd ever actually asked her ... at least, not in so many words ... ). But loneliness can have a strange effect on people ... and I MIGHT'VE yielded to the temptation - had the opportunity presented itself in the early stages.

Latterly, hubby succumbed to lung cancer and chronic alcoholism - having spent his last weeks being cared for by the *couple's middle daughter at my lady friend's house (despite *their divorced status) - and we found ourselves back in touch following yet another period of separation ... during which time I'd been beginning to enjoy my singledom.

Anyway, after 10 years of "highs and lows", we gradually found ourselves drifting apart - this time for good!

Some time afterwards, she contacted me with the news that she'd met a guy on the internet, and they planned to wed. Interestingly enough, he happened to be around our age (hers and mine) had never been married and was already retired from a well-paid job in which he'd risen to a supervisory capacity as a telecommunications engineeer. So ... unlike me ... he was fairly wealthy! ("Speaks volumes ...", as far as I'm concerned!)

We've remained friends, however. Indeed, she and her present husband even invited my wife, Myrna & I to their [palatial] new home for lunch on one occasion. Of course, I could be wrong ... but remain convinced this gesture was made in order to "suss-out" her former long-term b/f's young Filipina bride.

... I'm sure her bluff must've been called when she discovered there's only 15 years' age difference between Myrna and myself.

she has just married a very wealthy scottish chap
    ... you mean there ARE wealthy Scottish chaps ??? ... well ... I suppose I've just confirmed it - in mentioning my former g/f's new-found status.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Mind you I seem to look older and Carina seems to look even younger than her years
    ... tell me about it, Peter!

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... you mean there ARE wealthy Scottish chaps ??? ... well ... I suppose I've just confirmed it - in mentioning my former g/f's new-found status.
    Yes, they own most of Scotland, but just happen to live in Berkshire or Surrey.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Yes, they own most of Scotland, but just happen to live in Berkshire or Surrey.
    , Graham ... or ANYWHERE ... south of Yorkshire, eh?

Like many on here Pia and I enjoy a little bit of an age gap. At first I was sightly unsure about it but once I realised she could keep up, any concerns melted away

Seriously, it's an old (forgive the pun) cliche, but "age ain't nuthin' but a number". What counts most in my view is compatibility across the unique areas that matter most to a particular couple. Like most men I've matured late mentally and like many women, Pia has matured early mentally thus, we arrived in each other's life at the optimal time.

With regard to comments from observers. Who cares what others think as long as you and yours are happy? I learned many years ago that people ALWAYS have an agenda/bias. As long as you are aware of those pertaining to the person passing a comment, you will know how much store to set by it.

My judge! Do I feel as though I'm doing anything wrong? Am I striving to make my significant other happy? Am I happy? Do we amount to more as a couple than our sum as individuals?

Just my thoughts.

Peace!
    Last edited by Piamed; 23rd August 2011 at 16:53. Reason: Aye crnt spll to sayv mi lyf
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

just remember no onecan make you feel bad or upset without your permission.... sod em all hehehehehehehehee
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Have you got a 60+ year old friend SH?I know a pinay working in a call centre in Davao,her chatmate is almost 70,she is 30+,I asked her what attracted her to him,the usual answers kind,loyal,loving then I pointed out a pinoy guy who was the approximate age of her puti "Beau" and asked would she find the old pinoy guy attractive,she replied "No way" when I asked why a puti so old she said "Thats different",I never quite worked that one out?
    Mostly Filipinos dont mind regarding how old the guys is... as long as you are in a relationship with blonde hair, blue eyes, white skin, very tidy when he dressed up and an english speaking! It is acceptable in our culture but sure is I cant be with an old Filipino guy who is just like my father's age I might probably sick with that (sorry to those who are offended). We have got a massive age gap difference with my husband but I dont understand that the feeling is like you are having a same age filipino boyfriend that you are dating with. I feel so lucky because I have found the personality that Im looking for and I dont like to ruin it. We are so happy and we dont care about others opinion especially the neighbors gossip lol!. They just dont understand how contented I am, for me, oposite really attracts. Its odd, isnt it??

beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    When I'm 81 I'll be surrounded by young Filipina's ......
    haha! you wish!

Just kidding! :-P

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    No offence but I wouldnt dare if its a massive 40years age gap.
    This is a different story It is obviously the guy is looking for a care giver joke!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    What counts most in my view is compatibility across the unique areas that matter most to a particular couple. Like most men I've matured late mentally and like many women, Pia has matured early mentally thus, we arrived in each other's life at the optimal time.
    I think this accurately sums up our relationship. We are very compatible despite the age difference.

this age thing is just a number that most of us count until we hit 30, after that we tend to forget ones age, well i think i am 25 x 2 and i bit, its what we all do in between being born and leaving this planet, we all have a past a future and a preasent but its what we all do right now that matters so weather you are older or younger then your partner enjoy all you can,

but sure is I cant be with an old Filipino guy who is just like my father's age I might probably sick with that
    What makes an old puti acceptable but not an old pinoy and you would be surprised how many women have told me exactly what you said

I buck the trend,I would always have someone within my own age bracket,it feels more comfortable and natural,and thats according to some pinays as well,dont think they are all ok with a 4 M´s age gap

Banned
    .............,dont think they are all ok with a 4 M´s age gap
    My wife concurs with the above ( ours is 3M ).

I learnt the 4 when I first ever went to Pinas barely able to shave Last,we used to say matandang mayaman madaling mamatay

Age means little these days..... but don't think backwards otherwise when I was leaving school Rayna was in nappies
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

My mother-in-law is older than me.................... but a friend of ours is 13 years older than his in-laws in Pinas. He has a great story about the first meeting. His had no problems with his MIL, but he did have some issues to overcome with his FIL

I think the biggest gap I ever saw was a pinay of 18 or 20(cant remember exactly,long time ago)and the guy was 70 or 71 Old carabao eats young grass?
    and young grass need to be feed by old carabao??

and young grass need to be feed by old carabao??
    I think that old carabaos spirit was willing but his flesh was weak,he seemed quite a dirty old letch to be honest,always licking his lips and staring,touching and stroking her

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information