Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fhara View Post
    age doesnt matter as long as your happy with your partner....dont listen to the neighbors they're always nossy even that u have old or young man...
    completely right...thank you!
    Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever...

I started dating my [late] first wife back in February 1965, when SHE was 25 and ME, 20 - an age gap of five years exactly (both of us being Virgoans) - this in an era when such a practice was considered as being very much the OPPOSITE to the norm. But it wasn't me being her "toy boy", so to speak, that bothered HER, ... more to do with the HEIGHT difference between us - SHE stood at only 5ft tall ... in marked contrast to MY 6' 1" - a fact that rather embarrassingly "came home to roost" initially (s'cuse pun) not long after we'd married when, in the bank one day, she happened to observe an unmistakable smirk on the teller's face while signing her name "I.M. Little"!

Needless to say ... ever afterwards, her signature became 'Iris M. Little'.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    I started dating my [late] first wife back in February 1965, when SHE was 25 and ME, 20 - an age gap of five years exactly (both of us being Virgoans) - this in an era when such a practice was considered as being very much the OPPOSITE to the norm. But it wasn't me being her "toy boy", so to speak, that bothered HER, ... more to do with the HEIGHT difference between us - SHE stood at only 5ft tall ... in marked contrast to MY 6' 1" - a fact that rather embarrassingly "came home to roost" initially (s'cuse pun) not long after we'd married when, in the bank one day, she happened to observe an unmistakable smirk on the teller's face while signing her name "I.M. Little"!

Needless to say ... ever afterwards, her signature became 'Iris M. Little'.
    is that really your surname sir arthur "Little"? thought its only your username here
    anyway about height difference im 5'1" and hubby is 6'4" one of the reason why mostly of my shoes are 2 to 4 inches high..

Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    is that really your surname sir arthur "Little"? thought its only your username here
    Yes, Grace ... it IS, indeed! And being of tall stature, you can well-imagine that my surname turned out to be the butt of many a ... but ...

Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    anyway about height difference im 5'1" and hubby is 6'4" one of the reason why mostly of my shoes are 2 to 4 inches high..
    ... interestingly ... a favourite saying of Iris's was: "Guid 'gear' comes in small bulk" and ... !

Quote Originally Posted by simpleHeart View Post
    Is it applicable when the girl is in there 20's and the foreign man is on his 60's?
    No offence but I wouldnt dare if its a massive 40years age gap.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    No offence but I wouldnt dare if its a massive 40years age gap.
    to say ... this would be MY view, also.

Trusted Member
    If only I was so lucky.

Simple choice: Spring chicken or old broiler...which would I prefer.

Life is short.

Give the young lady a bright future for her and her kids, in exchange for putting up with me for a few short years.

as anyone seen simplehearts avatar, the age gap is a lot closer now
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post

i see you made the front page, graham

Age doesn't matter as long as you really love the person and be happy with her/ him. Even the height , long or short mean large medium or dwarf just feel comfortable and contented the love and happiness inside your heart, can make you smile, can go walk together, laugh together, cry together, you will say that I found my soul mate in life ... cheer up! what ever people say, it is not their life it is your life to the person you love... kaya ipaglaban mo hanggang kamatayan

would u all accept ..if u had a daughter of 16 marrying a man of 68 .... noooo i dont think u would accept that would you... there are some grey areas here

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    A rich man will always find it easier to attract a younger woman.
    A rich man will find it easy to attract any woman but the downside of being rich is, they'll never really know if the woman wants him as a person or just for his dollars. I bet the vast majority of women who are with a wealthy guy would run a mile if he suddenly lost everything.

Cheeky bugger ... but well-spotted!

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    A rich man will find it easy to attract any woman but the downside of being rich is, they'll never really know if the woman wants him as a person or just for his dollars. I bet the vast majority of women who are with a wealthy guy would run a mile if he suddenly lost everything.
    You could say that about most Filipina brides then I'm afraid.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by branno View Post
    would u all accept ..if u had a daughter of 16 marrying a man of 68 .... noooo i dont think u would accept that would you... there are some grey areas here
    In our society, probably no, but we're not discussing that kind of relationship are we.

Anyway, I certainly wouldn't hold up the average home-grown British relationship as a standard of 'good practice'.

Banned
    My ex used to call me 'dad' too.

Not sure what she calls me now.
    I used to find it off putting during passionate moments but, im used to it now

I reply with my child

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post

I reply with my child

I guess you could say the writing was on the wall for us once she'd equalled me in weight, and surpassed me in mental maturity.

surpassed me in mental maturity.
    I agree some males tends to go mental as they mature... must be their hormones
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by branno View Post
    I would never accept my 16 year old daughter marrying ANYONE. Its far too young. Now if she was 25 or 30 and wanted to marry someone much older then would be different. Sure I would have reservations about it, especially wrt the extreme 50 year age gap that you present. But I would be far more interested in the guys character, his love for my daugther and his ability to take care of her than his age. I would much rather she find a good, loving and faithful older man than a young stud who is just looking to get his rocks off. Having said that, when I do have a daughter I know Im gonna be a protective daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug_sim View Post
    Age doesn't matter as long as you really love the person and be happy with her/ him. Even the height , long or short mean large medium or dwarf just feel comfortable and contented the love and happiness inside your heart, can make you smile, can go walk together, laugh together, cry together, you will say that I found my soul mate in life ... cheer up! what ever people say, it is not their life it is your life to the person you love... kaya ipaglaban mo hanggang kamatayan
    You are absolutely right ladybug. Well said

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post

I reply with my child
    Funny you should mention it. My very first pinay girlfriend used to call me papa. I was only 4 years older than her though. I never could figure it out but I tried not to think about it too deeply

would u all accept ..if u had a daughter of 16 marrying a man of 68
    Just picked up a copy of RTN(Round town news)an english language newspaper,an article inside reminded me of this post,a 62 year old irish DJ living in spain has just been pilloried for his dalliance with a 16 year old british kid,she and her family have returned to the UK because of the shame generated by the "affair"

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    I'd be more concerned if a daughter of mine was puking up in the gutter every weekend, after consuming probably 5 times her 'safe' consumption of alcohol, along with so many other youngsters nowadays.

In all honesty, this is my biggest worry for my children...and drugs of course.

massive age is fine as long as the relationship is doing alright. But when it turns "sour", age difference could be one of the culprit

Quote Originally Posted by simpleHeart View Post
    And most of all they are the insurance that they never ever leave you

Is it applicable when the girl is in there 20's and the foreign man is on his 60's?
    This is taken out of context, to the way it was said, but they will leave you??...When they slip off this mortal coil. A young wife, is going to be widowed, at a young age?

Being cynical, if the marriage was for financial reasons, then the wife wins, if for love, then it is a heartbreaking fact of life.

I don't have any problems, with big age gaps, as many of them obviously work, but it is a consideration?

Trusted Member
    How long does the average marriage in the UK last anyway ?

How long does the average marriage in the UK last anyway ?
    before the husband pops his clogs

Trusted Member
    Well...saves the usual argument over the money.

I published a post a couple of years back with the stats on age gaps in UK v Phil, and I think the average was only about 3 years greater for the Brit>Phil relationships.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

nothing is impossible
    Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information