Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

The bible is ancient, with outdated attitudes and thinking?

I get shocked when people still talk of blasphemy, and that blasphemers should be punished! I don't think so at all! I'm amazed the word 'blasphemer' is even still used!

Isn't it time we acknowledged the bible is ancient? Shouldn't we take whats written in the bible more loosely nowadays?

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post

I get shocked when people still talk of blasphemy, and that blasphemers should be punished! I don't think so at all! I'm amazed the word 'blasphemer' is even still used!

Isn't it time we acknowledged the bible is ancient? Shouldn't we take whats written in the bible more loosely nowadays?

Most people in the UK are not concerned with what the bible has to offer

Banned
    Although nobody should be punished by law or others for blasphemy, like speaking ill of anything it has negative karma effects so shouldn't be advised. People in the UK are quick to put the bible down and say its outdated, but like all religions there's plenty of positive messages in there

The bible and other religious teachings are a bit like a chainsaw - dangerous in the wrong hands.

Basing one's life on the ten commandments along with a bit of a philosophy is all one really needs to do. Delve too deep into chapters of crap and you might never return to the real world.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    The bible and other religious teachings are a bit like a chainsaw - dangerous in the wrong hands.

Basing one's life on the ten commandments along with a bit of a philosophy is all one really needs to do. Delve too deep into chapters of crap and you might never return to the real world.

I won't risk adding anything....might get a bomb under my car from the 'love thy neighbour' brain-washees.

390,000 jedi in the UK at last census now thats a growing religion 4th largest in the UK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned

I actually went to a very modern church this morning in Dudley, well organised, well run, the congregration seem inspired and happy the pastor deleivered a message rather than preached and the whole thing was presented in a relaxed "well this is us take it or leave it way, no bible bashing fire and brimstone here, just make your own mind up" , more like a latte in the coffee shop and thanks for coming. I am yet to be convinced and probably never will be but it was a bright occasion full of genuinely happy people engaging in their beliefs. I am afraid I could not live my entire life to the teachings of the bible as I just do not believe in blind faith
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Trusted Member
    No good to me .

I feel short-changed if not subjected to the full 'fire and brimstone'.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    No good to me .

I feel short-changed if not subjected to the full 'fire and brimstone'.

hehehehehehe Well perhaps sunday school and 10 years of boys brigade (4th Elgin ) and 66th Aberdeen) in the dour Church of Scotland gave me enough fire and brimstone for a life time

Trusted Member
    Hey me too.

Grandad was a Methodist Lay-preacher with his own church.

I was forced to go to Sunday School/Church until 16.
    After that I made up my own mind, but the basic teachings did me no harm

Great youth club though, where I met many good friends.

Banned
    Easter not far away, will Easter eggs be exchanged?
    Christmas just gone, I wonder how many of you greeted each other ' merry Christmas'.

Alot of you got children, I wonder how many of you got your children Baptised.

I wonder what sort of burial service, yourself or your family got planned for you.

I expect it will be the full Christian monty. You got nothing to loose really, Thy will accept all late believers.

The word, Hypocrites springs to mind.

I believe in Jesus, our saviour, our God.

Folk here (the Fils) believe in aswangs aswacs white ladies faith healers and god still no evidence is presented no one talks about what there belief is based on personally and what it gives them I used to believe Colchester were going to win the FA cup but that was shortlived

The basic message of Jesus as I understand it was to love your neighbor as yourself now that I can believe in yes hypocrisy and paradox are rife
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

I was brought up religiously and attended church as a nipper. I can remember lying in bed at night listening to my parents reciting passages from the bible then at breakfast time hearing them slagging off Catholics, gays and people less fortunate than themselves. Obviously love thy neighbour and judge yourself before judging others didn't sink in with them. They just seemed to have a bitterness for practically everyone who wasn't a protestant.

That's what you call hypocrites, gwap!

And they're not alone!

I have no issue with faith/belief as long as you then turn that faith/belief into TRUST because one is no good without the other ... two examples

you have faith/belief.. you are walking along a cliff walk in Cornwall and whilst admiring gods work you slip and tumble down the cliff. You manage to grab a branch sticking out but wonder how long you can hold on. You shout for hep "is anyone up there" hoping to attract a passer by.. no one comes along and you grow weaker. suddenly you hear a voice.. TRUST me, let go I will catch you. WOULD YOU let go? For me I am not sure.

the famous tight rope walker Blondin once crossed Niagara falls pushing a wheelbarrow.. before doing so he asked the gathered crowd do you BELIEVE I can do this? They all cheered and shouted yes.

He then asked for a volunteer to TRUST him and get in the wheel barrow.. guess what no takers

I guess what I am saying is how many self professed christians would when actually tested, take that leap of faith..

Sorry for being deep on a beautiful evening..

Trusted Member
    I have given my son permission to stick me in the (recycling) wheelie bin upon my demise.

Can't see there being many virgins left in heaven.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Easter not far away, will Easter eggs be exchanged?
    Christmas just gone, I wonder how many of you greeted each other ' merry Christmas'.

Alot of you got children, I wonder how many of you got your children Baptised.

I wonder what sort of burial service, yourself or your family got planned for you.

I expect it will be the full Christian monty. You got nothing to loose really, Thy will accept all late believers.

The word, Hypocrites springs to mind.

I believe in Jesus, our saviour, our God.
    Keep believing in imaginary friends, gwap......

"our"? Don't think so

BTW, I wish my trousers were loose
    Happy holidays, no baptismal, no burial in a church........

Relax and enjoy this life.....it's the only one you have, nowt later

Who was the muppet priest who burnt the Koran? So much for teaching love, peace and tolerance.... it ended up in the terrible deaths of UN troops.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Keep believing in imaginary friends, gwap......

"our"? Don't think so

BTW, I wish my trousers were loose
    Happy holidays, no baptismal, no burial in a church........

Relax and enjoy this life.....it's the only one you have, nowt later
    Yes, I got carried away with the o's, so what, you understood it.

It's a shame you don't pick up keefy with his numerous spelling errors as well.

It's not a book club so, stick to the subject without going for the lowest denominator.

Matter of fact, i am relaxed and much more than happy with my lot, thank you very much!

Having faith does not equate to misery, not in my house.

Back to my poker

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Back to my poker
    Kinky
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    If some of you can just respect the beliefs of others and not attacking each other personally, religion and politics discussions would never be a pain in the for a lot here.. I can see that there'll be another heated argument with the same people here again and again...
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I can see that there'll be another heated argument with the same people here again and again...
    mystic meg
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    mystic meg
    You don't need a crystal ball to predict the outcome of such musings, ... based on the numerous lengthy debates we've had relating to this topic in the past, it's already a foregone conclusion!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    You don't need a crystal ball to predict the outcome of such musings, ... based on the numerous lengthy debates we've had relating to this topic in the past, it's already a foregone conclusion!
    Quite right Arthur, and dedworth didnt even start the thread

i wonder if nigel knew what would happen
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

... Nigel ... ... this time, it's all your fault!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    mystic meg
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

wosnt vury hoted frum wur I stud and wot u trin ta say abut mi spulling Gwap?

spelling-nazis-spelling-nazis-demotivational-posters-1292603951.jpg
    Absit invidia

Banned
    Which just about sums you two heathens (shark keefy) up.

what this particular thread need is respect...lets not be tactless

My view is that I am not deeply religious but I do believe in god,I think well if my planes going down on way to Phils I'm going to pray

Also I attend weddings and funerals and would love to go to midnight mass at xmas but I always end up working

Also If it makes people happy and gives a sense of togetherness and promotes family values then it's fine by me.

My fipipino girlfrind is catholic and of course I want to take her to york minster,St Pauls cathedral etc when she comes here.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information