Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A1 English TEst Certificate

Good day

.I will just inquire with regards to the validity of the certificate result of the A1 exam for spouse visa in UK...Im planning to take an A1 English test this month, April, 2011 and apply spouse visa in May and let say if i passed the exam,how long is the validity of the certificate? If in case that my visa will get refuse, can i still use the certificate result of the A1 exam if it happen that i will re-apply again the Spouse Visa next year?or do i need to re- take again the A1 English test for applying the Spouse visa?
    hope to hear from you..thank u

kind regards

jeane

i think they are valid for 2yrs
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i think they are valid for 2yrs
    i already confirm it to study connect service center but there are changes made with regards to the validity of thier certificate for the exam.the center said, certificate of the exam result will can only be use in applying the visa until july,2011..their emd exam offers only until this end of May,2011.after that the exam will be on hold..

Is there any other English Test Center provider aside from Study Connect that offers A1 English TEst for spousal Visa?..I hope you can give me details where the exam took place and the contact number of the test center ..

thank you..

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanelovesdeano View Post
    i already confirm it to study connect service center but there are changes made with regards to the validity of thier certificate for the exam.the center said, certificate of the exam result will can only be use in applying the visa until july,2011..their emd exam offers only until this end of May,2011.after that the exam will be on hold..

Is there any other English Test Center provider aside from Study Connect that offers A1 English TEst for spousal Visa?..I hope you can give me details where the exam took place and the contact number of the test center ..

thank you..
    hmmm..I just called Study Connect Makati Branch and they said validity of the exam is for two years...maybe what they said to you is just for their provincial offices?
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

i'm pretty sure all of them are valid for 2yrs, i know IELTS is.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

yes the validity is 2 years but the emd who provide A1 english test in study connect will be renewing their licensed so for the meantime certificate is valid only until july 17,2011 in applying for visa and the embassy will only be accepting certificate until on the said date.
    They said ,the embasy will only be accepted again the certificate after the emd test provider renewed their licensed already.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i'm pretty sure all of them are valid for 2yrs, i know IELTS is.
    yes your right joe.IELTS is really valid for 2 years..but this is a higher and broader English test right rather than A1 English test by the EMD test provider which is basic and more easier?.

Does anyone know wheres the center location who offers an IELTS test and who have already tried this kind of test for Spouse Visa ? how long the result will be given after taking this test?

hope to hear from you..thanks

my fiancee passed her test with study connect it is valid for two years.
    As life is to live so love is to give

Quote Originally Posted by alanp View Post
    my fiancee passed her test with study connect it is valid for two years.
    How can it have a time limit on it? Do people forget the language after 2 years?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

agree with you win2win...or maybe...after 2 years!!!!

This information is correct...Ladybug is taking the test & has been told the same.

looking at the list for tier 4 english language tests, in the list is a 'test validity' column which shows how long a particular test cert is valid for

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...ishtestst4.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    This information is correct...Ladybug is taking the test & has been told the same.
    I called Study Connect again and they said the same thing to me now when I verified..but they still said it is valid for two years when I first asked about the validity But anyway, it is not because they'll renew their license but because UK Embassy told them that they are in the process of changing the visa requirements particularly the English Test. Study Connect said that UK Embassy may drop the A1 Test for a higher level of English Test, like IELTS or TOEFL and may also provide only one testing school/center for the exams. Although they still have to wait for the UK Embassy's decision on what will happen.

So the girl I talked to said to better take the exam they provide now and lodge the Visa application immediately before July 17..Errr. I think they just want me to take the exam already for their convenience now, knowing they might or the services they offered might close down.. So for those planning to lodge in their application before July 17, better take the A1 test already since this basic exam might not be allowed anymore and just the higher level ones.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

-=rayna.keith=-

whoah,,so ill be expecting harder exams soon then lol...since im planning lodge mine september,,,hehehe weeeeeee ready to make my mind bleed
    I just do what I want.It's not about what people are saying...It's about Me

my former officemate took the IELTS for her spouse/working visa to Australia. She said it's easy. Try searching for IELTS review materials in Google. Based on what I've found, it's still easy but just contains more items.

Maybe you two can travel together!

errr.. who???

The two above my post

errr..why?

I don't know!!

yes i heard a rumor that it will be raised to B1 level.

we will have to wait and see

students need min B1 now anyway..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...-english-tests

my boss took IELTS for Australian Visa, she said it was difficult (well i don't mean to make u scared). She took the exam last year and held at Shangri-La Hotel. She paid PhP10,000 for the exam. There was a part of the exam were they will give u a topic and u have to discuss it in 10mins if I am not mistaken (with tape recording).... I took the A1 English Test and it was just a grade 4 (private school) test.

maybe the exam depends if it's for spouse or working visa? My officemate assured me it's just easy. She went to Australia last year to join her hubby who's working there.

As long as you speak good English, it's easy

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    maybe the exam depends if it's for spouse or working visa? My officemate assured me it's just easy. She went to Australia last year to join her hubby who's working there.
    I guess....

My lady took the A1 test today, at Study Connect in Makati.
    She did no prep work before it, and only sent them text on Sat16th to book the test.
    She was scared and nervous, but did confirm it was easy in the end, Test was listen, speak, and write.
    The tester did confirm she had passed, just have to wait for the certifcate.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    there are only 2 versions of IELTS, general and academic

Academic – Institutions of Higher and Further Education
    The Academic format is, broadly speaking, for those who want to study or train in an English-speaking university or Institutions of Higher and Further Education. Admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses is based on the results of the Academic test.

General Training – for school, work or migration
    The General Training format focuses on basic survival skills in broad social and workplace contexts. It is typically for those who are going to English-speaking countries to do secondary education, work experience or training programs. People migrating to Australia, Canada and New Zealand must sit the General Training test.

It should be noted that certain professions require an Academic test result for registration and migration purposes.

My wife is studying for the ILETS General exam. I thought this would be better for her to do if she wanted to study here. With a company recommended on the British Council website she has been going to classes Monday to Friday for the last month. They wouldn't allow her to take the exam until she is ready, but no extra cost for extra learning. Her exam is on the 7th May, hopefully everything will go alright. She did find it hard to start with, but that was more to do with the structure of the exam and not being used to it. If you are an academic person then maybe this would be a good option for you and for future learning in the UK.

whoah..i should have listen more to my teachers before then,,,,,i still have few months to gain more knowledge anyways.......
    I just do what I want.It's not about what people are saying...It's about Me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information