Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can ensure you from experience a Pinay (Women generally have better language skills it seems than males) who learned English at school/college and Uni has immersed herself in English with her Mahal possibly at work and watching say the BBC plus studying with some decent material books mp3 etc. should be able to get a 5 or 6 at general level with no problems.

The wife back in 2005 found the written and reading was a stroll in the park the spoken and listening a little harder but with the practise she had was not to bad..

Now with Skype and better communications and internet services she would have hoped to have done a lot better. Which should be good news for those taking now

Maybe the brit partner could ask his British family and friends to speak online to their mahal so she can here different accents etc.

two or three months seems to be a ideal time to study/ practise.

To make learning easier and more enjoyable maybe worth getting some British film dvds with subtitles to watch and study. The BBC News is also useful as mentnioned but i noticed it seems to have dissapeared off the wifes local cable so may need to check if avaiable.

If your mahal can assit or you already have possibly using such sites as the BBC website and watching videos on there will help.

The Ilets General level 6 or so from experience would mean that a basic Job and social interaction in shops with British family and friends should be easy to cope with once used to the local regional accent/slang

Good luck to those studying
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

My wife could speak and understand English very well before she actually came here.
    When she first arrived here in UK she found that the different dialects and different accents were so confusing to her that she almost lost her self confidence.
    There were times when she really did not understand what was being said.
    Not just out and about but also on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    My wife could speak and understand English very well before she actually came here.
    When she first arrived here in UK she found that the different dialects and different accents were so confusing to her that she almost lost her self confidence.
    There were times when she really did not understand what was being said.
    Not just out and about but also on TV.
    So true on the trip to phills I was speaking to Friends, Cousins and other realtives who have been to top Manila Unis work in Jobs where speaking English is a must etc. But very few found speaking to me with a South east English accent easy (Even when making an effort to speak "BBC") but if I spoke with a PHill yank accent they could understand me
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Newbie (Restricted Access) geekycouple's Avatar

Wink A1 exam

[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]HELLO![/COLOR]

I'm going to take the A1 exam (Speaking & Writing) for spouse visa on Sunday May 15, 2011 @ Hopkins international partners in Makati City. The Speaking and Writing Exam happens only once a month & the registration already ends 4 days ago. Unfortunately, they don't have this exam for the month of June. The result will be posted after 15 days.

In addition, you can take the Listening and reading exam every tuesday or thursday from 9am-11am. Just go to the centre and pay the necessary fee and you can take it, you will be able to get the result after an hour.

I'm so excited to take this exam, I've been waiting for this for the past 2 months. I want to be with my husband ASAP he's the most amazing man in the world and he's my soulmate. I will pass this exam easily because I'll be thinking about him and his lovely face on the examination day He believes in me and he knows exactly how confident I am. I LOVE Him sooooooo much.

Additional Info about the TOEIC A1 exam:

Hopkins International Partners, Inc. (Main Office)
    Sole Authorized Philippine TOEIC® Representative
    4th Floor PDAF Bldg., 407 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue corner EDSA
    (near MRT-Buendia Station) Makati City
    Telephone: (632) 895-9944; 896-5808
    Telefax: (632) 897-2160

http://www.toeic-phil.com/index.htm

Newbie (Restricted Access) geekycouple's Avatar
    HELLO!

I just took the A1 exam for spouse Visa @ Hopkins International Partners in Makati City. It's Speaking and Writing exam. I want to suggest all the spouses to review using this: http://www.toeic-phil.com/SW_handbook.pdf it really helps a lot. I will take the Listening and Reading exam on Thursday and I'm really excited about it. I love my British husband and he Inspires me to give my best shot.

For more information about A1 exam, just check this website:

Quote Originally Posted by geekycouple View Post
    HELLO!

I just took the A1 exam for spouse Visa @ Hopkins International Partners in Makati City. It's Speaking and Writing exam. I want to suggest all the spouses to review using this: http://www.toeic-phil.com/SW_handbook.pdf it really helps a lot. I will take the Listening and Reading exam on Thursday and I'm really excited about it. I love my British husband and he Inspires me to give my best shot.

For more information about A1 exam, just check this website:
    Any feedback so far that might help others here?

I took mine at EMD Study Connect Cagayan de Oro., The test was quite easy, got 98% in Speaking and 100% in Listening

But EMD now is no longer in the new list of English test providers accredited by UKBA... now, my certificate is only valid until July 17, 2011.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information