Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Filipina girlfriend visiting the UK

Hi every one, I`m new here so please be gentle with me ! lol. I have been dating a beautiful girl from the Philippines for a little over a year, I had planned to visit her in the Philippines this Summer but sadly my Father passed away recently and i don`t want to leave my poor Mom on her own for several weeks ( she is not fit enough herself to manage such a long journey ) So I though it would be great for her to visit here for a few weeks, This is where I need some help and advice, I have been onto the UK border agency website but it appears to me to be as clear as mud, can someone pleaseeeeeee tell me the procedure for her coming here, do i have to apply for a vis here or does she need to apply in the Philippines ? I would like her to stay for a few weeks to see as much of the UK as poss, she has a good job in Manila but they are fine with her having a litle time off, I am prepared to act as a sponsor if that will help, but i really have no idea where to start, any advice and tips etc would be so much appreciated, many thanks in advance Wolfmanjak.

hello wolfmanjak welcome to the forum..yes your gf needs to apply from the Philippines but i can see a little problem as you will act as a sponsor to her , have you met each other or have you visited the Phil and meet her in real??anyway,she can still apply for a general visitors visa but the expenses will be of her sole responsibilty,..please check this link on how to apply.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoap...s/inf2visitors
    http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/applying.aspx
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Just have as much evidence as possible of your relationship, some savings and follow the guidelines on the visa forms. Please be advised hat it is getting harder and harder to get visas in general even visitor visas. Just get all your ducks in a row. Good luck
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Trusted Member
    I think you would be wiser to visit your girlfriend in the Phils first, so that you can fully appreciate her culture and background.

It will also bring your relationship into the real world.

How is it getting harder?
    Good luck wolfman mate

The VFS seem to be denying many more applications these days, just follow the posts here.

It's probably best to go to the Phils to meet her. Take photo's of you and her together, keep your travel stubs and keep emails of your contact with her. If everything goes fine, apply for a fiancee visa. The visitor visa is a lot harder to get and not worth the hassle. That's the advice I got from an immigration lawyer I know.

What's the reason why they keep denying them?
    I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your father wolf mate :(

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    It's probably best to go to the Phils to meet her. Take photo's of you and her together, keep your travel stubs and keep emails of your contact with her. If everything goes fine, apply for a fiancee visa. The visitor visa is a lot harder to get and not worth the hassle. That's the advice I got from an immigration lawyer I know.
    That's rubbish. What is the reasons why so many are denied? I'm guessing because maybe they overstay and not giving enough evidence that they can support themselves and return back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick30 View Post
    That's rubbish. What is the reasons why so many are denied? I'm guessing because maybe they overstay and not giving enough evidence that they can support themselves and return back.
    What's rubbish?

Of course the authorities make judgements based on profiles built up over years and overstaying history of visitors from that country, strength of reasons to return and the profile of the sponsor all contribute. If called for interview then personal rapport MAY even enter into a decision I guess

The visitor visa is a lot harder to get and not worth the hassle.
    Not entirely true,got a friend who has had several,also know a number of pinays who have visited the UK as tourists,the rest is sensible advice.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Not entirely true,got a friend who has had several,also know a number of pinays who have visited the UK as tourists,the rest is sensible advice.
    Just relaying what the solicitor told me!

If she can prove that she is going back to Phils. ties such as properties in her name i.e. house, car, tax reports, payslips, employment certificate stating that her job will be available for her when she comes back, business savings account and other assets then it will help the ECO consider the visit visa application.
    Life as we make it

Theres a good friend of mine who is a member here,I have known here long before either of us were forum members,she has had 3 tourist visas for the UK,never had any issues or problems when applying

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Thread Information