Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: human rights...

Trusted Member
    Since you ask, it is estimated that 10 million new cases of cancer are diagnosed each year in the world, with 1/8 deaths worldwide. I've already given this sort of information in "Health Issues". The figures I quoted were for UK and Philippines. I do wonder how many times, and in how many threads, I need to repeat the information. The issues around drugs have also been discussed many times in the past year. If the solution was as straightforward as some seem to believe, there would not be different laws around the world. There are indeed "thousands upon thousands of deaths" from drug abuse, albeit a tiny fraction of the millions dying in the world from heart disease ( more than cancer), smoking and alcohol abuse. There are a million preventable deaths annually from malaria. The list goes on.
    The issue is not just the relative numbers involved, but also the means by which illness and death from ANY cause can be reduced. Every single death is a tragedy, all the more so if it is premature. But until the unlikely scenario of cryopreservation being widespread, the best we can hope for is increased life expectancy in our two countries. That depends on individuals as well as Governments.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    depends what age they are, you have to die from something
    Correct. As life expectancy improves, when people eventually die, the proportion of deaths from different causes changes. At the risk of repeating what I have said in other threads, most common serious diseases are the result of lifestyle, whether by choice or not. Over 80% of cancers are related to environmental factors. Risk factors for the commonest killing disease in the UK, Philippines, and the world - cardiovascular disease - are well known. Drugs, alcohol , and smoking are obvious factors affecting life expectancy - the controversy is how to control, and how much to control, them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    That should not be a shock Gwap it's been well known and published for a hell of a long time, the rate will increase with time as the older you get the poorer your DNA replication becomes i.e. the more mistakes are made in each new copy of a cell, think photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy, they look like crap by the time you get to the third or fourth iteration. As more and more people live to great age the more cancer will be the ultimate cause of death.

And the reason you get old is exactly the same, cells make mistakes, skin becomes less elastic, hair follicles become less prolific, hormones levels change because the glands making them change, cancer happens ultimately because cells make mistakes, sometime serious mistakes, when making copies of themselves, it's life you just have to accept it, generally we are living longer so more of us will die of cancer.

You should also understand that controlled drugs still have a place in medicine, controlled drugs can still be therapeutic.
    Points taken Jim and Joe
    We all gotta die somewhen so, why not cancer.

I got nothing against prescribed drugs, its the mis prescribing I gotta problem with.

As for street drugs, that's another matter.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Points taken Jim and Joe
    We all gotta die somewhen so, why not cancer.

I got nothing against prescribed drugs, its the mis prescribing I gotta problem with.

As for street drugs, that's another matter.
    I did actually make a few points and gave the facts, not opinions, on all these three issues you raise, to help you and others.
    Most ( not all ) people wish for a long life and to die from natural causes peacefully at home, surrounded by their loved ones. That's a desirable human right. Cancer, with all the associated pain and suffering, is not an ideal choice, and individuals can reduce their chances of getting it.
    Apart from natural causes (the commonest), there are only three other ways to die : suicide, homicide, and misadventure. Sadly drugs ( legal and illegal ) do contribute to these. Mis-prescribing by doctors is regrettable, not part of our Hippocratic Oath, but thankfully uncommon.

Capital punishment in the the Philippines has a varied history and was abolished on June 24, 2006 (the second time since 1987).

well last time i went to the phils was 2005 i think , a pic of the landing card, death penalty at the bottom
    So that's why you saw it on the boarding card in 2005!!
    I personally would prefer a death sentence than life imprisonment in a Filipino or Chinese gaol.
    IMO the dealers that organise the mules are the ones that should be tracked down and put to death..
    Ironically most of them are Chinese businessmen funding Chinese syndicates operating in the Philippines that are all living the high life whilst they send the stupid uneducated and desperately poor mules over to their deaths..

Executing a few of these insignificant drug traffickers will do nothing to resolve the problem..IMO it will make it worse as these illegal drugs will simply go up in value due to the higher risks in transporting it.
    In the medium to long term it will make these Chinese drug syndicates far more powerful then they are today.
    My sympathies go out to the families of those executed.

....you have to die from something
    WHAT!!!! First I've heard of this
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    WHAT!!!! First I've heard of this
    Correct ! Only 4 possible causes ( see my last post ).
    Thawing out after cryopreservation would happen with global warming and reveal the cause(s), by which time there could be a cure, but don't count on it .

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    Correct ! Only 4 possible causes ( see my last post ).
    your list doesn't include tar and feathering by mancs
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by branno View Post
    Human Rights

Heartfelt sympathy to the family of the children who were recently given the ultimate death penalty... by the CHINESE...
    Quote Originally Posted by branno View Post
    precisely...scape goats.. but not going off the subject like we have in other areas.. im sorry for the parents too.. and that was my sympathy to begin with ..
    thats why we got a system of rules and guidelines to follow, in simple terms a 'law' usually enforced through a set of institutions,countries etc and we are meant to abide by it.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Trusted Member
    your list doesn't include tar and feathering by mancs
    ... of scousers ? ... Natural causes

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    i'm sure I've also seen a sign at the airport b4 you get to immigration ..

yes i agree with you, mules are the mugs, their not the big fish, but if the gang can't get the mules then these gangs would have to do it themselves and risk getting caught.

the phils has got its own drug problems, no where is safe for kids
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    thats why we got a system of rules and guidelines to follow, in simple terms a 'law' usually enforced through a set of institutions,countries etc and we are meant to abide by it.
    Except in the Phils

Where its a bit more abitary
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    No sympathies for both sets, both bring death

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    No sympathies for both sets, both bring death
    for once we agree gWaPito , when it effects them or their family they will change their minds , but then its too late

pitty this thread is not about the rights of victims, all you hear from the court of human rights, is the rights of criminals.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...6908-22222801/

i better bury my head in the sand, maybe people like this will go away

the guy should have got a medal..

Trusted Member
    I know how busy members are, but when I answer the questions they raise in their posts, only to have them ignored, it raises a bigger question in my mind, why bother ?

I know how busy members are, but when I answer the questions they raise in their posts, only to have them ignored, it raises a bigger question in my mind, why bother ?
    doc alan, i read all your posts, your a good doc not to criticize people

your posts are always filled with interesting facts and figures, good reading

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Except in the Phils

Where its a bit more abitary
    arbitrary??? I don't think so, its all over the world keith!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    Sorry Doc Alan, roll out the red carpet with a round of applause.

My kids teenage years were a nightmare, luckily they didn't become addicts and are now leading respectable adult lives with good careers, unlike there truck driving dad!!

A great many of there friends at the time weren't so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I personally would prefer a death sentence than life imprisonment in a Filipino or Chinese gaol.
    IMO the dealers that organise the mules are the ones that should be tracked down and put to death..
    Ironically most of them are Chinese businessmen funding Chinese syndicates operating in the Philippines that are all living the high life whilst they send the stupid uneducated and desperately poor mules over to their deaths..

Executing a few of these insignificant drug traffickers will do nothing to resolve the problem..IMO it will make it worse as these illegal drugs will simply go up in value due to the higher risks in transporting it.
    In the medium to long term it will make these Chinese drug syndicates far more powerful then they are today.
    My sympathies go out to the families of those executed.
    thats where my sympathy lies too...

The problem is guys that nomatter what you think or say your kids and grandkids lives are not yours to make desisions about beyond the love and guidance you have found in yourselves to give them and that they are able to recieve.

The way things stand now in mho it less safe each day and clearly no amount of executions or wishfull thinking on anyones part will change it

We are potentialy rational humans but fear and greed seem to have made us collectively dumb beyond belief
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    These drug trafficers are not all uneducated types.

T hey gamble with there liberty for riches they would have to work years for in the normal conventional way, like most law abiding people.

I do understand your sympathies towards the families concerned.

A shame the convicted didn't spare a thought for there loved ones before embarking on an adventure of folly.

Banned
    The problem is guys that nomatter what you think or say your kids and grandkids lives are not yours to make desisions about beyond the love and guidance you have found in yourselves to give them and that they are able to recieve.

The way things stand now in mho it less safe each day and clearly no amount of executions or wishfull thinking on anyones part will change it

We are potentialy rational humans but fear and greed seem to have made us collectively dumb beyond belief
    I take it, the last sentence was directed towards the dealers and trafficers?

I know Keith, we can't lead our childrens lives but, its a lot easier said than done.

You've been extremely lucky with yours and it is luck keith, many a good parent like yourself have lost because of this evil.

Gwap im sure with the brains we both have if we set our minds to it the pool of naive desperate folks just in the Phils would supply an endless stream of ordinary folk who would believe whatever we tell them if they thought they could improve the lot of there families
    Absit invidia

Gwap im sure with the brains we both have if we set our minds to it the pool of naive desperate folks just in the Phils would supply an endless stream of ordinary folk who would believe whatever we tell them if they thought they could improve the lot of there families
    so what is your answer then Keith ?

i would have rather they got life in prison than be executed, but it means they will never be able to smuggle drugs again, and a warning to others, get caught it will cost you your life.

its nice reading ur replies doc..... but i too think the thread went off at a different trajectory...incidently ive just been reading an article on human rights in china.. and as of 2008 china is still the country with the highest number of executions 1,718 people were executed...there are 68 crimes punishable by death.. and one is for tax fraud... ouch..

What they want Joe is the ability to work and put rice on the table just like us
    Absit invidia

What they want Joe is the ability to work and put rice on the table just like us
    i was talking about the drugs problem,
    but no one is stopping them working, many in the phils work, yes they work for little thou, but most earn enough to put rice on the tablet without the need to commit crimes it comes down to greed and not giving a about the results of their crimes..

there was a strong suggestion in the china case they were recruted by a duff agent and thought they had jobs to go to
    Absit invidia

and the chinese govenment have admitted that they are fully aware of the chinese drug dealers involved... but i dont think they wil get invloved with those big boys in the mafia world...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information