Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: human rights...

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    6months to 10yrs at a guess, not my guess my wife's guess, shes a doctor...

this has got nothing to do with drug smugglers, thou the CEO should face the same fate as the drug dealers if they are found guilty.. have you forgotten the case in china, where some chemical ended up in children s milk?, i think some children died, the Chinese gov executed the people responsible, no hypocrisy there ..
    one micro gram of aspbestos may be 15 yrs to cause a problem... :{

Quote Originally Posted by branno View Post
    smoking kills..
    so does boredom

now your getting

i think, god forbid, one of your family or your children became addicted to drugs and died your opinion would change
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

There are 2 inconvienient truths as i see it

You can never stop something when there is a huge demand for it

It is no business of any one what some one else chooses to do with there free will and state of mind

Regulate like alchohol yes tax perhaps try to prohibite and tell lies about the reality and you will create a monster of Criminals with more money and power than many sovriegn states and all the petty crime amongst addicts that so changes our society

And Politicians will be suborned and bought and our law enforcement demoralised

You cant win "the war on drugs" comforting as that thought may be as a sound bite nor will the killing of a few Asians or europeans affect that outcome one iota

Its no more or less sad to loose a family member from road accident illness suicide or overdose and we cant stop any of those either nit pick all you want it wont change a thing nor ritualy putting to death a few pinoys whos crime was to be poor and be caste in the role of scapegoat
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

theres just one to begin with..
    The people who died were not actually prescribed them though, they belonged to someone else, and the majority were already drug/alcohol abusers.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    i got an uncle who gone crazy when some guys in the neighborhood gave him drugs when he was 14-15yrs old..and he was admitted to mental hospital at some point but my grandparents couldn't bear to see him there so they just took care of him ever since..he got lost by the time i was in my highschool years (i think he was already in his 40s that time) and upto now we cant find him..i'm sure my grandparents had so much pain and suffered a lot since that day those drug pushers did that to my uncle..but i guess they couldnt identify at that time who they were..what they could only do was to watch him and think my uncle lost his whole life..

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    so does boredom

now your getting

i think, god forbid, one of your family or your children became addicted to drugs and died your opinion would change
    my youngest son is 16 hes very dependent on drugs as hes a type one diabetic... altho we dont class these as drugs its medication... so now we open a whole new world of things here... we only think that heroin pot n crack is drugs... i look on a wider scale i also compare paracetamol to to be a major cause of problems.. possibly in breathing problems and other things.. u see we buy things over the counter here in england not knowing of the problems they may cause.. and we also widely accept medication from our lovely family practioner without a question.... its about time we started questioning these things.... u really dont have to give medication for mild cold or head ache.. or strwaberry flavour paracetamol to children for a runny nose... esp sugar free.. now we must look at this form of drug trafficking too... its legal n tolerated.... why... it makes revenue ..

it ALL makes revenue
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    i got an uncle who gone crazy when some guys in the neighborhood gave him drugs when he was 14-15yrs old..and he was admitted to mental hospital at some point but my grandparents couldn't bear to see him there so they just took care of him ever since..he got lost by the time i was in my highschool years (i think he was already in his 40s that time) and upto now we cant find him..i'm sure my grandparents had so much pain and suffered a lot since that day those drug pushers did that to my uncle..but i guess they couldnt identify at that time who they were..what they could only do was to watch him and think my uncle lost his whole life..
    i undestand its so sad..

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    The people who died were not actually prescribed them though, they belonged to someone else, and the majority were already drug/alcohol abusers.
    ok .. im addicted to caffiene..

ok .. im addicted to caffiene..
    That's a lifestyle choice ... I should be addicted to the meds I've been on over the years, but I'm not. It's all down to will power.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    it ALL makes revenue
    correct kieth... recently ive been listening to my friends parents n friends talking about the medication for high blood n cholestel.. how certain tablets are affecting them badly.. so they have to keep changing medication.. because of the side effects...

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    That's a lifestyle choice ... I should be addicted to the meds I've been on over the years, but I'm not. It's all down to will power.
    im not so sure about the tea... its very addictive lol

It is no business of any one what some one else chooses to do with there free will and state of mind

Regulate like alchohol yes tax perhaps try to prohibite and tell lies about the reality and you will create a monster of Criminals with more money and power than many sovriegn states and all the petty crime amongst addicts that so changes our society

You cant win "the war on drugs" comforting as that thought may be as a sound bite nor will the killing of a few Asians or europeans affect that outcome one iota

Its no more or less sad to loose a family member from road accident illness suicide or overdose and we cant stop any of those either nit pick all you want it wont change a thing nor ritualy putting to death a few pinoys whos crime was to be poor and be caste in the role of scapegoat
    Keith, god forbid, if you ever have to go and identify the dead body of one of your children or grandchild you'll change your view, I've had to identify the dead body of my younger brother, something i'll never forget, but I'll spare you all the details, but I'm pro life, life hard labour would be a better punishment.

i just hope you dont have to eat those words one day Keith.. you really have no idea about drugs or the effect it has on families, maybe next time your in the uk, you can come and visit my mother, the grave of my step-dad and of my brother,,

if you cant buy the drugs then you can take them, simple as that..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

precisely...scape goats.. but not going off the subject like we have in other areas.. im sorry for the parents too.. and that was my sympathy to begin with ..

my youngest son is 16 hes very dependent on drugs as hes a type one diabetic... altho we dont class these as drugs its medication... so now we open a whole new world of things here... we only think that heroin pot n crack is drugs... i look on a wider scale i also compare paracetamol to to be a major cause of problems.. possibly in breathing problems and other things.. u see we buy things over the counter here in england not knowing of the problems they may cause.. and we also widely accept medication from our lovely family practioner without a question.... its about time we started questioning these things.... u really dont have to give medication for mild cold or head ache.. or strwaberry flavour paracetamol to children for a runny nose... esp sugar free.. now we must look at this form of drug trafficking too... its legal n tolerated.... why... it makes revenue ..
    has he threatened to kill you, tried to stab you with a knife or scissors, threatened to burn the house down, stick a syringe in you, been paranoid all the time about ev everything, ? i don't think so, not the same is it

Banned
    My mum nearly died of prescription drugs. An irresponsible general practitioner was to blame.

She was on a repeat prescription of valium. This was in 69. The doctor concerned was never struck off, in fact he was still ' practising' in 2005.

I deal with folk high on every substance available in the uk legal and otherwise through out the summer

I can assure you all that my experience gained objectivity is not lickly to be changed through any personal tragedies emotive as those experiences may be

Much more probable through bungy jumping or some hoody trying to evade capture the jungle has been created and now we have to live in it or radicaly rethink our belief systems if we dont want to be overweilmed by it

It wont go away because of ignorance and learned fear nor by repeating the failed mantras of punishment and retribution for what someone decides to do in the privacy of their own house or social group the yanks imprison 700% more and have the largest prison population mostly through there drug laws but it sure isnt stopping peoples recreational useage nor the queue of new dealers
    Absit invidia

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    My mum nearly died of prescription drugs. An irresponsible general practitioner was to blame.

She was on a repeat prescription of valium. This was in 69. The doctor concerned was never struck off, in fact he was still ' practising' in 2005.
    now do u understand my point ..

smoking kills..
    yes it does and quite legal,, the tobacco and the filter is laced with many other harmful chemicals, and when it lit up the chemicals combine a nice toxic cocktail,the govermont know this as do the manufacturer

Banned
    now do u understand my point ..
    Yes, I understand prescription drugs kill, I never doubted you on that but, its the irresponsible quacks doling them out who should be brought to book.

I deal with folk high on every substance available in the uk legal and otherwise through out the summer
    that's not the same at all, first it doesn't effect you personally or your family, it effects you in your working hours, not 24/7/365 for x years, you go home you get away from those people who are on every substance, many addicts and their families live a 24 hour hell.

well I'm sure if it was your own personal tragedy your opinion would change, that I'm certain of.

oh I'm not for the death penalty, but like i said hard labor, and educating kids, what can and will happen to some of them if they start taking drugs, not just the destruction of them but their family to.

I'm not the one ignorant of it, I've lived with a drug addict for 20yrs, I've watch it kill my brother, and indirectly my stepfather and mother and its effected me, that i have to now take prescribed medicines. All i hope its that I'll live long enough to see little Joe reach 18yrs old.

keith when it effects you personally i know you will change your views.

my mom was prescribed the same,she was prescribed valium for many years, and was addicted , she chose to come off the drug just 1 year before she died,

my school mates mom, was prescribed, mothers little helper wiz/speed/ as called amfetimin, i remember that we used to pinch them

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    my mom was prescribed the same,she was prescribed valium for many years, and was addicted , she chose to come off the drug just 1 year before she died,

my school mates mom, was prescribed, mothers little helper wiz/speed/ as called amfetimin, i remember that we used to pinch them
    becareful of red horse too i think that contains alchohol lol or formalin ...

Joe I appreciate your personal tradgedy but what you describe amongst perhaps a million recreational users is an extreme situation

No one who never drinks alchohol becomes an alchoholic

But we dont ban it and create a criminalised classe any more the Americans tried and it led to a corruption of their system and the rise of gangsterism to this very day

People with grave personality disorders may well do self harm if not noticed in time and using opiates to escape the unrecognised pain they find themselves in is exacerbated by the need to get the next fix which in turn leads to the terrible effects you describe and the breakdown of family and relationships and has a huge negative effect on our society as a whole

Its not in my opinion though possible in the slightest to legislate or punish this away

Whats happening is a sub culture that no longer owes any alligance to the folk who seek to criminalise them

And a disproportionate amount of retoric from our "leaders" that no-one really believes

There is no longer any consensus over the responcabilties and freedom of the individual in relation to the state that acts ever more as revenue collectors rather than facilitators of its Citizens

Visas for our good ladies is a prime example

Freedom is risky but the alternatives are to me unthinkable as our abilitie to choose for ourselves becomes ever more eroded
    Absit invidia

Keith extreme , it's more common than you think,

Swansea Love Story - Episode 1
    http://www.uk-rehab.com/page5.php

i fear for your grandchildren, if you dont....

Trusted Member
    I'm not prepared to add yet another opinion to a thread which started off with the title "Human rights...".
    A few facts are necessary.
    The British Medical Association is a trade union. They contribute to the British National Formulary which lists prescribed drugs. The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) and Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC) decide on what may be prescribed, ultimately and inevitably based on human trials.
    Medicines should only be prescribed when they are necessary, and the benefits must be considered in relation to the risks involved. The Hippocratic Oath includes this clause :- "I will not provide treatments that are pointless or harmful, or which an informed and competent patient refuses".
    Controlled drugs are governed in the UK by The Misuse of Drugs Act (1971), and The Misuse of Drugs Regulations (2001). The penalties applicable to offences involving different drugs are graded according to the harmfulness attributed to the drug when it is misused. They are defined in three Classes (A, B, and C). The Regulations define who is authorised to supply and possess controlled drugs, which are divided into five Schedules.
    No system is perfect and there are arguments for and against "legalising" controlled drugs.
    Cancer affects 1 in 3 and kills 1 in 5 of the population. There are many different types, and they vary in frequency between different populations ( UK and Philippines, for example). Smoking and diet, however, are major predisposing causes in both countries, as elsewhere in the world. As every cancer starts off as a single cell mutation, and they all consist of a purposeless proliferation of cells, it is impossible to say how long each cancer takes to develop. It's likely to be years and the best hope for cure is to diagnose as early as possible.
    My posts are non-judgemental, merely providing facts where they are known.

Banned
    Controlled drugs acts 1971 and 2001. All a bit late in the day considering controlled drugs were about decades earlier. Too late for the thousands upon thousands of people dying of such abuse.

The 1 in 5 dying of cancer is a shock, is that the average worldwide statistics or in the uk only?

The 1 in 5 dying of cancer is a shock, is that the average worldwide statistics or in the uk only?
    depends what age they are, you have to die from something

Respected Member
    That should not be a shock Gwap it's been well known and published for a hell of a long time, the rate will increase with time as the older you get the poorer your DNA replication becomes i.e. the more mistakes are made in each new copy of a cell, think photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy, they look like crap by the time you get to the third or fourth iteration. As more and more people live to great age the more cancer will be the ultimate cause of death.

And the reason you get old is exactly the same, cells make mistakes, skin becomes less elastic, hair follicles become less prolific, hormones levels change because the glands making them change, cancer happens ultimately because cells make mistakes, sometime serious mistakes, when making copies of themselves, it's life you just have to accept it, generally we are living longer so more of us will die of cancer.

You should also understand that controlled drugs still have a place in medicine, controlled drugs can still be therapeutic.

Respected Member
    Doc Alan an excellent statement of the facts

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information