Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

ILR Leave to remain

My wife had a visa issued Sept 7th 2109 and expires Dec 7th 2011.. She arrived in the UK on Nov 13th 2009. My question is when should she apply for ILR visa.. Is it within the 28 days before expiration date or within the 2yr date...ie sept 7th 2011... all information gratefully recieved. Thanks

upto 28 days b4 shes been in the uk 2yrs

so that would be nov 13 2011 - upto 28 days

which is 16 oct (sunday) , so she can apply from 17th oct up to a few days b4 her visa expires on 7th dec 2011 ( i date i cant forget )

but always apply asap 17th of oct, so any problems with payment etc you have a while to sort them out b4 her visa expires
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Hi!sorry badrock for hicjacking your thread- as I have similar question with you..

I arrived here May 3 2009-(fiancee visa) got the FLR-Oct 9,2009. It will expire this Oct 09,2011. So can i apply this coming May of should I say July coz I've visited Philippines for 2 months so will be in the UK for 2 years that time or Sept 9,2011 for ILR? Is having a fiancee visa and spousal visa different for the qualifying period to apply for ILR?

Thank you all!

actually its 28 days before you've been in the uk 2 yrs of your current visa (FLR) not your fiancee visa.

so its upto 28 days before your flr expires, which is 9th oct 2011 - 28 days..
    so you can apply from the 11 sept (a sunday!) so say from 12th sept to a few days before your visa expires, say latest 5th oct 2011,

but always apply asap so you can sort any problems out b4 your visa expires..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

wow thanks for the instant reply joebloggs
    I'll send my application 12th sept 2011 then. I just hope I'll have the result before late December coz I'm planning to visit Phils. again late Dec-Jan

Thank you once again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RuBiX View Post
    wow thanks for the instant reply joebloggs
    I'll send my application 12th sept 2011 then. I just hope I'll have the result before late December coz I'm planning to visit Phils. again late Dec-Jan

Thank you once again!!!
    bit of luck it should only take about 4wks if you use the post,
    you could get it same day if you book an appointment at a PEO near you, but that will cost you a bit more money..

Oh well I'll just do it by post as the fees increase now I hope I'll get it before late Dec though. I'm sure most of the members here got their ILR for more or less than 3 months Oh well, post for me.
    Thanks to all..Good luck to all the applicants esp. with the new fees now

Respected Member
    it took my wife about 4 weeks for her ILR visa to be sent. its worth pointing out to anyone applying for the ILR visa to get the damn life in the uk test out of the way early.
    it took her 3 atempts at the life in the uk test ,even though she studied very hard, and finaly passed on the 21st of febuary and she had been here for 2 years on march the 1st so we was getting worried.

Quote Originally Posted by chris40 View Post
    its worth pointing out to anyone applying for the ILR visa to get the damn life in the uk test out of the way early.
    ... SOUND advice, Chris!

I already took the test last year, so no worries when I'll apply this Sept. I'm hoping I'll get the ILR before late Dec. and will stick in applying by post esp with the new fees. I'm sure it'll not take more than 3 months for them to check my papers as fees increase, the service should be quick too
    Have a good night everybody..

Thread Information