Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CFO (parental consent)

Hello

I just went to Good shepered convent today to attend a counseling for CFO certificate and they are asking a parental consent with lawyer's authentication and my Mother's NSO Birt Cert......

I just wanna ask if theres any one who attend counseling at age below 23? Did you have to submit a parental consent?

They said fiancee' of age below 23 needs it!!

Thank You!!!!

That's aload of CRAP!!!!

We never met that kind of requirements........ maybe they changed the rules now?

They should ask instead to those applicants at age 60
    Scot ===>

"The world is all about diversity. I am different and you are different."

Quote Originally Posted by Tonet View Post
    Hello

I just went to Good shepered convent today to attend a counseling for CFO certificate and they are asking a parental consent with lawyer's authentication and my Mother's NSO Birt Cert......
    I just wanna ask if theres any one who attend counseling at age below 23? Did you have to submit a parental consent?
    Thank You!!!!
    Yes one of the attendies ask for that! one good thing u get ur cfo in advance so u have time to get parental permit yes u need that!
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsfiancee View Post
    That's aload of CRAP!!!!

We never met that kind of requirements........ maybe they changed the rules now?

Same here

One of the main problems here is that Tonet's last name is spelt different on her newly aquired birth cert, visa etc compared to her Nanay's!

Also, Nanay's birth cert etc is in Mindoro, so it has been suggested that Tonet try again, but this time with her Nanay present, a letter of consent and her nanay's voting id all authenticated by a lawyer.

Do you think the issue of different spelling will still be a problem?

Totally ridiculous rule, Tonet got a visa and she isn't classed as a minor for that, but in order to leave we get this crap!?

How many times did I type Nanay!?

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    One of the main problems here is that Tonet's last name is spelt different on her newly aquired birth cert, visa etc compared to her Nanay's!

Also, Nanay's birth cert etc is in Mindoro, so it has been suggested that Tonet try again, but this time with her Nanay present, a letter of consent and her nanay's voting id all authenticated by a lawyer.

Lets just hope nun's are not that cheeky as hell

Totally ridiculous rule, Tonet got a visa and she isn't classed as a minor for that, but in order to leave we get this crap!?

it should be aged 18 below!!!! not 23

I wonder y they do that
    Scot ===>

"The world is all about diversity. I am different and you are different."

Absolutely Scotty!Mis yah

So in their eyes I am marrying a minor!?

I know I had my father's consent before when I got married for a pre-marriage seminar because I was 23 years old when I tie the knot. I don't know about CFO, can't remember that they asked me for parents consent, must be their new rule.
    There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn't get worse every year.

Actually most of that is wrong, anyway, we're going to attempt plan A on Monday.

london well away from those people up norf
    My wife was 21 if i remeber correctly as the wife is out at the mo she just took a letter from her mum and her aunt went with her. This was back in 05.

Actually most of that is wrong, anyway, we're going to attempt plan A on Monday.
    Just bring nanay with her on Monday with the notarized parental consent and any valid identification.
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

That's not abnormal, they are just strictly applying the Philippines laws about marriage. Here are the extracts:

The Family Code of the Philippines, Executive Order 209, Title I, Marriage, Chapter 1 : Requisites of Marriage.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor. A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought, together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement. (62a)
    Best regards.
    Yves

We aren't getting married in the Philippins though, anyway, the CFO people themselves have said if Tonet is 21(actually 22 in May) she does not need parental consent to complete this.

We aren't getting married in the Philippins though, anyway, the CFO people themselves have said if Tonet is 21(actually 22 in May) she does not need parental consent to complete this.
    This do not mean that your Filipina Fiancé do not have to follow some of the requirements of this code (she's a Filipino citizen); that's also one of the CFO role to check it.
    Best regards.
    Yves

How many times did I type Nanay!?
    Does her nanay look very similar to Tonet? I know they should be for ovious reasons, but if very similar hopefuly they won't bother worrying about the id so much if its plain to see she is family and most like her mum.
    As i mentioned before the wifes aunt came along with her and they had no problems. Although we were already married, so i guess they presumed no need for any further checks if parents had consented as they had to the marriage.

To me it's obvious nanay is Tonet's, erm, nanay!

The last name is a problem if they are going to be strict. I believe Nanay has a voters id, but that has a different spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by A_flyer View Post
    This do not mean that your Filipina Fiancé do not have to follow some of the requirements of this code (she's a Filipino citizen); that's also one of the CFO role to check it.
    Really, I thought she's from Thailand!?

If that is law, it is being broken in Cebu a lot! It just stinks of someone having a bit of power and doing their best to make things difficult.

The last name is a problem if they are going to be strict. I believe Nanay has a voters id, but that has a different spelling.
    Hopefully they will see her nanay and be content with that

Good Sheepherd convent?? must be new now...

normally in cases like just bring nanay with her... or present an affidavit of nanay stating its one person notarized by the layyer.

No problem with that they will just interview her
    tiger tigress

Hello,,,

Thanks for the reply po!!! yeah that's what we planned to do to make a consent eauthenticated by a lawyer and bring nanay with me... hope it works!!!

Have a good day to all of you!!1

Hello,,,

Thanks for the reply po!!! yeah that's what we planned to do to make a consent eauthenticated by a lawyer and bring nanay with me... hope it works!!!

it will be all ok, just be postive

Hello,,,

That's a very good idea. It will ease the process to bring your Mother (they sometimes request it anyway).
    Best regards.
    Yves

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    Good Sheepherd convent?? must be new now...
    No it's nothing new in this.
    CFO subcontracted the CFO seminar to SMEF-COW (St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation-Center for Overseas Workers) since 2 years. And they are located both in Cebu and Manila within the Good Sheeperd Convent.

Another possibility to follow the seminar in Manila is to go at PRISM (People's Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization Inc.). They have their own office (not located in a convent).
    Best regards.
    Yves

i see...coz i thought its in tisa labangon good shepherd....

Today went well, all is good again!

I had my siminar at PRISM last november. I recommend this place to everybody who are having their counseling in manila as it is not far from CFO, CITIGOLD CENTER. PRISM ADDRESS : 2nd floor equitable-PCI Bank Building, 2422 Taft Avenue, MANILA (opposite LA SALLE UNVERSITY)EMAIL ADDRESS: prism_inc06@yahoo.com.ph or u can get in touch with them by phone on (632) 525-3114, 525-3783, 525-4314. GOOD LUCK!

Today went well, all is good again!
    Yehey glad for you both

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information