Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    [QUOTE=gift;283066]do u have to come to the philippines to do it alan? as we are told that my husband has to be the one to submit all the papers in person at the embassy.

Hi Gift

I had been told also from vfs not my husband should be w/ me if i were to apply a brit passport for our son here and my hubby needs to present his original passport and he have to sign something in the from afterall......thats why i was so confused and it made up my mind to join in this forum for more info as i knew much chances here to be aware as more member had been on such avenues.so this may helps me a lot.but base on what they states they only sent photo copy to there wives and orig b-cert....hmmmmmm this all is what i wanna be clarify

I know it asks for the real passport but my wife write a letter to explain why it was just a copy we sent of my passport yes a copy of the visa stamp pages of passport I just photo copied them and posted it to my wife I can't remember the overall cost of the passport

Ruth trust me your husband doesn't need to be there in person and they excepted the copies of my passport from the time the papers arrived to them in Manila it was 4weeks and we had our sons British passport

alan/maleiya
    thanks for that info----hope you dont feel inconvenience in regards to the issue,i may ask more further in the future cos i know you had been w/ this situations.

can i know how your wife stated the letter is it headed or she just wrote it w/ her signature?maybe you can guess still about how much it was to cost you for the passport fee or anymore additional charges it is about 5k or more?

so if this happen that my son can get his brit passport here so would this mean he dont need a visa to travel in the uk?

Ruth I have already suggested that your husband gets in touch with the embassy here in Manila or Hong Kong where passports are now processed

explains the situation and asks them for requirements and costs then between you it can be dealt with

Dont worry the Brit system isnt as convoluted as the Philipine one for these kind of issues

The difference is that a Passport app is not the same as a visa app where you pay granted or not and as your son is British by descent he has right of entry to the UK and The EEC
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Ruth I have already suggested that your husband gets in touch with the embassy here in Manila or Hong Kong where passports are now processed

explains the situation and asks them for requirements and costs then between you it can be dealt with

Dont worry the Brit system isnt as convoluted as the Philipine one for these kind of issues

The difference is that a Passport app is not the same as a visa app where you pay granted or not and as your son is British by descent he has right of entry to the UK and The EEC
    KeithAngel.........hello

Yes-We had been intouch w/ the embassy manila last January to clarify this issue but seems they dont wanna help us,Yes they response but its just giving most those bloody website to go in and read..damn
    My husband ask for this matter w/c he is already in the UK so we cant supply original passport of him to show whereas they dont mention that photo copies of it is ok for use.......other things they said that my husband should be togther during the application cos he have to sign something in the form to prove he is the father...crazy2so my hubby had said I dont have to fly back to phil just to sign that form hmmmmmmm so he had said to me otherwise well Ruth better get him a filipino passport we'll get him a brit passport when we come over in the uk......so at the moment i have to convince my hubby back again about this situation cos at all he feed off on this as what the embassy had told and the cebu consulate er........It was all so confusing for us ,so Im glad to join this forum
    xxxx

Ruth I was in the uk when we gt my son his British passport in the Philippines I never had to call anyone or sign anything my wife done it all from there in the Philippines by post .that's the way we done it we were not sure ourself if they would except the photocopy of my passport but they did as I wasn't willing to send my passport by post to the philippines

Does anyone knows, How much does it cost to get a brit passport for a child here in Manila embassy or anybody been w/ this application can still remember...how much and what are this fees.........even if not accurate can anybody give me a clue?

If i were to apply for my son's brit passport in the embassy do i have to set appointment to come and see then the pass the documents?or not?

My hubby is having a vacation again here this coming Nov. we decided we will go together in the embassy soon to apply---full cooperation from hubby lol

this would be better to see then the embassy wont suspects any

is this all ok

Unhappy

GUYZZZZZZZZZZZZZ DO I NEED TO REGISTER MY SON'S NSO BIRTH CERTIFICATE @MANILA BRIT EMBASSY? BEFORE I CAN APPLY A BRIT PASSPORT FOR HIM...............WHATTA HEAD ACHES IS THIS.......ANYONE PLS

sO STRESSFUL THIS IS.......................

Trusted Member
    Hi Ruth.

I think you can safely assume that ANY Filipino documents submitted to the British Embassy will need to be on NSO paper, and I'm sure they'll need to see your son's birth certificate.

Hiya Grahamw48

My hubby's name is Graham too
    Yes i have a NSO birth cert of my son but been reading to the other threads its says that i have to register my son'c birth cert in the embassy to have a british birth cert before i can apply a birt passport for him...............Is this compulsory or not?

maybe i can apply a brit passport even i dont register his birth cert in the embassy?

its not compulsory
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    its not compulsory
    Right-thanks....

Been reading to the other threads---some had mention that they apply their british passport for there kids here in Cebu consulate handled by Mrs. Moya Jackson

so if this is really possible I may apply here rather than flying to manila embassy......knowing that Im from Cebu.....

So is this right or applicable here instead?

Im not sure but a simple email to her would clear that up by tuesday
    Absit invidia

Yeap-I had done but no responce

if its any consolation took me 3 weeks to get a reply from the Portuguess Embassy

Never had a problem with Moira though um try again
    Absit invidia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information