Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Smile Filipino Community in Fraserburgh

Hi, I have been here for more than a year now. I live in St. Combs, Fraserburgh with my Scottish husband and our 5-month old baby. Most of my acquaintances are locals, I only know about 2 Filipinos from church and I don't even see them that much. So, here goes...are there (is there?) any Filipino community (ies) that I could probably join in sometime, like gathering or something here in Fraserburgh? Uhm, family-ish communities i would say, not fishermen community..no offence intended but fishermen are mostly guys kasi..just want to be able to hang out with other Filipino women or mums even. Thanks guys xxx

hi Lalyn, im a filipina living here in inverness with my scottish husband and 11 yr old boy, i think u live at about over an hour from here, maybe we could meet if u ever in inverness, how do u enjoy scotland? take care.

iv lived here in mintlaw,over 20 yrs but iv never heard of there being a filipina community in this area,only the polish, but thats no good to you,if i hear of anything il let you know

maybe this will help aberdeen you may find some contacts from here,
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Filipi...49968938346751

HI Lalyn welcome to this friendly forum soory i cant help you in search of a filipino community there in fraserburgh

Quote Originally Posted by lalyn1018 View Post
    Hi, I have been here for more than a year now. I live in St. Combs, Fraserburgh with my Scottish husband and our 5-month old baby. Most of my acquaintances are locals, I only know about 2 Filipinos from church and I don't even see them that much. So, here goes...are there (is there?) any Filipino community (ies) that I could probably join in sometime, like gathering or something here in Fraserburgh? Uhm, family-ish communities i would say, not fishermen community..no offence intended but fishermen are mostly guys kasi..just want to be able to hang out with other Filipino women or mums even. Thanks guys xxx
    hi Lalyn

i was brought up in inverallochy(the other side of the golf course from you), still have a flat in fraserburgh. i am up there every couple of weeks. i have seen a lot of filippino fishermen in fraserburgh and i have seen only a few filippinas there. goodluck in your search. welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by lalyn1018 View Post
    Hi, Lalyn ... ! My son-in-law teaches in 'The Broch' - as it's known locally - at Fraserburgh Academy. I realise that doesn't help you, but stay tuned to this forum and you will soon find yourself making many online friends.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    iv lived here in mintlaw, over 20 yrs but iv never heard of there being a filipina community in this area,only the polish, but thats no good to you,if i hear of anything il let you know
    Wow ... Mintlaw, Stewart? It's only about a 15-minute car ride from New Deer, where my daughter and son-in-law have stayed since 1999!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Wow ... Mintlaw, Stewart? It's only about a 15-minute car ride from New Deer, where my daughter and son-in-law have stayed since 1999!
    i ken biding almost next door

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    i ken biding almost next door
    Aye ... it's a sma' world we bide in, richt enough!

Hi guys, thanks for your responses. We will be moving to Fraserburgh (center of town) soon and hopefully will get more chance to meet people (and bump into any kababayan!). Hoping to meet you sometime Caroline

hope to meet u too lalyn, i wish theres a filipino community here in inverness too, i saw some filipina women here with their british partners but they seem not friendly even if i smile at them and say hello but they just ignore me feel sad bout coz i know that they r filipinas i heard them talking.But anyways...

Arthur….
    As our resident Caledonia expert, and sage on all things north of Hadrien’s Wall….

….. can you tell me….

…if a married woman north of the border decided to bestow her favours and affections on someone outside the marital nest, is this what's known as a Highland Fling ?
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Oh, that's too bad Caroline, I wonder what goes on in their heads! For me, it's always nice to know other Filipinas and wouldn't hesitate to smile back and perhaps even chat. Well then, whatever it is..it's their loss haha. Good luck to us xx

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    Arthur….
    As our resident Caledonia expert, and sage on all things north of Hadrien’s Wall ….
    Ah ... Marc ... thankyou kindly; ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    .... can you tell me….

…if a married woman north of the border decided to bestow her favours and affections on someone outside the marital nest, is this what's known as a Highland Fling ?
    ... you're near enough the "mark", BUT ... only if the affair's conducted north of Perth ...

Perth being known as "the Gateway to the Highlands"!

Thread Information