Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Member
    I'm sorry to have to say, but you're coming across more as his 'pet' than his (equal) partner.

There seems to be a lot of insecurity and possessiveness going on here.

How old is your husband ?
    Has he ever left home and lived independently before... had previous long-term relationships ?

Don't forget that you have come half way around the world to a different culture/way of life/way of thinking and behaving.
    You have left behind the security and closeness of your family and your friends. You find yourself alone from everything you've ever known with no one to share or confide to, no one you can really express yourself to in your own language.
    Being homesick comprises all these and more.

These issues in themselves will cause problems within yourself and within your relationship. It seems to me your husband may not really understand how you could be affected and so any realtionship issues may get magnified.

Somehow, you must talk with him about the way you feel. Try to get him to understand.
    It may be difficult for him if he is really immature and has never experienced a life of independence. But without his understanding and support things will become more difficult to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    How old is your husband ?
    Has he ever left home and lived independently before... had previous long-term relationships ?
    He is 27 and I am 22. He worked in Holland with his friend when he was 21 and lived there for few months. He never had long term relationships until he met me.

Trusted Member
    Well, I wish you both the best of luck.

Just need to follow your instincts I suppose, but I think it would help you if you could find some friends amongst the nearest Filipino community (or even Thai). That may help with your homesickness too.

hi just found this if you are near Belfast its not till the 14th May but you might meet up with some other filipinos http://blog.adoborice.com/2011/03/ad...ission_29.html

there is an filipino day on june 11th but thats in Dublin http://www.adoborice.com/filipino-ev...-Day-2011.aspx
    As life is to live so love is to give

Quote Originally Posted by alanp View Post
    hi just found this if you are near Belfast its not till the 14th May but you might meet up with some other filipinos http://blog.adoborice.com/2011/03/ad...ission_29.html

there is an filipino day on june 11th but thats in Dublin http://www.adoborice.com/filipino-ev...-Day-2011.aspx
    Thank you for this alanp and I would like to thank everyone also who spent time reading and giving advices to my situation. I am really glad I found this forum. You are all very helpful. I hope everything will be alright

hi med22,i am filipina too and all my friends in the uk lives a long way from me, i have a facebook,we can chat there and give advice to each other if you want,
    maloloka na rin kasi ako sa ugali ng asawa ko eh,
    take care !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information