Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Restricted Access

New English language testing for partners??

apologize but am newbie here and have post a question in loose and off topic one good member has answer me though but am creating a new thread to hear some more advice and to those who is in the same situation i came here in the UK on a 2 year spouse visa been here since 20th of May 2010 and hopefully by the year 2012 to be able to apply for ILR and as i came to one thread here about New English language testing for partners..am bit worried if it applied to my situation any advice ..thank you

Restricted Access
    oh in addition weve been married in PH since 2006 and only last year that we decide to settle here

only those who need to apply for flr or a settlement visa need to take the test
    you dont need to, to apply for ilr
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Restricted Access
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    only those who need to apply for flr or a settlement visa need to take the test
    you dont need to, to apply for ilr
    hmm .i quite dont get that i came here in the UK with a 2 year spouse visa been here since 20th of May 2010 been married to Philippines since 2006 and the said spouse visa will expire next year 2012 so after that i need to apply for ILR IF AM CORRECT but as i go to the thread here about New English language testing for partners
    and i was wondering if it applied to my situation do i need to take it as what i know the test in the "life of the UK " is compulsary
    any more advice pls..thanks

no, you need to take the 'life in uk test' before you apply for ILR, but not the english language test.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Restricted Access
    from the bottom of my heart thanks for the replied Joebloggs

Restricted Access
    so after i applied ILR and aftera year am i qualified to apply for citizenship on that time frame

Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    so after i applied ILR and aftera year am i qualified to apply for citizenship on that time frame
    If you are considering Naturalisation (British Citizenship) I suggest you take a quick review of the requirements, guidance notes and application form as there is some information that will impact you now.
    Take a quick look here:-
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...nationality/an

Restricted Access
    omg help me whats this all again now new rules again..i may lost hope :( or i may just in the stage of ILR and go home :( to ph..

Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    omg help me whats this all again now new rules again..i may lost hope :( or i may just in the stage of ILR and go home :( to ph..
    Don't panic. I was just being lighthearted
    There is no requirement or regulation for Naturalisation (however there is a hefty price )
    But seriously, there are restrictions on absences from UK that go back 3 years for a spouse and 5 years for a non-spouse (from application).
    So if you would apply in 3 years time then you would need to be aware of these restrictions now.

Restricted Access
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Don't panic. I was just being lighthearted
    There is no requirement or regulation for Naturalisation (however there is a hefty price )
    But seriously, there are restrictions on absences from UK that go back 3 years for a spouse and 5 years for a non-spouse (from application).
    So if you would apply in 3 years time then you would need to be aware of these restrictions now.
    oh i see now i could breath i ws feeling heart pumping fastly good to know and really thanks for the awareness and yes i will rem that restriction

cheers Terpe

Thread Information