Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

One for Windows Experts - Windows 7 Upgrade £34.08

Not sure if this is a good deal - Windows 7 Upgrade £34.08 - outfit seem to be like Software for Students where you need a child in education

http://students.pugh.co.uk/index.php...50&prodID=2830

My Laptop is Vista Home Premium so it looks like I'd have to go for Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade at double the price

http://students.pugh.co.uk/index.php...50&prodID=2831

hi dedworth, my daughter uses a site for these things , her working in nusery schools, i dont know if its the same one but programs are much cheaper than the high street,
    i didnt buy through this, but i did pre order the full w7, before it was released ,at about £30 ish, i previously had vista,
    w7 was such a great improvment to reliabilty and speed, compared to vista, vista should never had been released, and i think in compensation and to be fair all vista users should have got w7 free of charge

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    hi dedworth, my daughter uses a site for these things , her working in nusery schools, i dont know if its the same one but programs are much cheaper than the high street,
    i didnt buy through this, but i did pre order the full w7, before it was released ,at about £30 ish, i previously had vista,
    w7 was such a great improvment to reliabilty and speed, compared to vista, vista should never had been released, and i think in compensation and to be fair all vista users should have got w7 free of charge
    Hi Imagine

I got a new desktop in Sept and thats Windows 7 like you say much better than Vista, sons Desktop came with pre-installed Vista it crashed, recovery disks no good and manufacturer had gone bust so we got it going with a Vista disk from his school. I bought Office 2010 from Software 4 Students. That £30 of yours sounds like a top deal. Cheers

hi Dedworth, lucky you managed to use the schools disk , is this the one your looking to upgrade to w7,
    i installed i explore 9 (for w7) last night, much leaner and faster, a little different to use but so far seems good,
    had a scare though after i installed it, i remembered there was a pending update so i installed the update, and lost use of my internet explore and firefox,,,, i figured it had been an update for i explore 8, which messed up my comp, so fingers crossed i ran restore point recovery and all seems well again

I wanted to upgrade to W7 through the students purchase but when I checked it was only for 1 single use, same I think for office package. I need it for 2 desktops and a laptop so I will have to save up.
    Just bought nortons 360 and that does 3 comps, very pleased with it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    I wanted to upgrade to W7 through the students purchase but when I checked it was only for 1 single use, same I think for office package. I need it for 2 desktops and a laptop so I will have to save up.
    my w7 is for 1 single use, i think they all are these days, which im guessing that if dumped my lap top and bought another with vista i still cant use it on it.
    or if i have to re install

Banned
    hi Dedworth, lucky you managed to use the schools disk , is this the one your looking to upgrade to w7,
    i installed i explore 9 (for w7) last night, much leaner and faster, a little different to use but so far seems good,
    had a scare though after i installed it, i remembered there was a pending update so i installed the update, and lost use of my internet explore and firefox,,,, i figured it had been an update for i explore 8, which messed up my comp, so fingers crossed i ran restore point recovery and all seems well again
    I was thinking of upgrading my laptop and son's desktop (I've got to check on what version his Vista is) but on thinking that it's going to cost £90 for the 2, would need a clean install and the fact that they're both going along OK I'll probably leave it for the time being. I use Firefox & keep clear of IE only using it for the odd few sites that seem to want it.

I would from what I hear at work upgrading to windows 7 is not wise plenty of pc's and images (virtual pc's) have had issues if upgraded but no or little issues with clean installs of Windows 7.

Worth checking if your workplace has the microsoft HUP program where programs used at work can be bought for a small amount. Full version of office 2010for 12 quid i think etc. You get two liscences with that from memory one for yor desktop and one for your laptop...
    Microsoft always think people have pc's coming out of their ears it seems but of course the childrens pc is of course yours...

IE9 is looking very decent so far little complaints from me or the Wife.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I was thinking of upgrading my laptop and son's desktop (I've got to check on what version his Vista is) but on thinking that it's going to cost £90 for the 2, would need a clean install and the fact that they're both going along OK I'll probably leave it for the time being.
    theres a saying,,,,, if its not broke then dont fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    office package,,,,,,, how about open office its free

office package,,,,,,, how about open office its free
    Yeah defo worth checking to see if it will suit your needs

theres a saying,,,,, if its not broke then dont fix it
    We got vista, windows 7 and XP running on laptops in the household at present if on the latest updates and "tuned" to your needs all are very decent software imho

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    We got vista, windows 7 and XP running on laptops in the household at present if on the latest updates and "tuned" to your needs all are very decent software imho
    Likewise, I use 3 laptops or PC's with 3 different OS's at home for different purposes. No problems with any of them, other than the Vista Pro laptop prefers Firefox to IE. The Win 7 laptop is stable with IE8 and I've never had any problems with it. I don't go on line with the XP machine which is around 6 years old now, I can't think I've ever had a problem with it, but I only use it as a digital studio for my synths and sequencing/audio production software

Thread Information