Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar

Gossip and its consequences...

I want to share a rather unpleasant situation I and an ex-gf have been through and which I believe could happen to anyone here. Last year I broke up with a Filipina from Davao City with whom I had been in a relation for some time, mainly because I had the impression she was merely taking advantage of me financially. I won’t enter into details, suffice it to say that over a year I sent her about PHP 550.000. Yes, more than half a million pesos, for various reasons: construction work in her house, her son’s tuition, late Christmas bonus, etc.

After that I went on a couple of dating sites. On one, Filipino Friend Finder, I was approached by a Filipina from Tagum, a small town close to Davao. We started to exchange e-mails. I believe she was an ex-teacher and she stopped working because her son was having health problems. Her English was quite perfect and she seemed smart. She asked me if I had been in the Phils before and I mentioned my visit to Davao and the ex-gf there. She asked me why I had broken up with her and I stated the reason without entering in details.

At that stage, she began lecturing me in an extremely vehement and virulent way about dumping that woman and went on saying I certainly still was in love with her, etc... well, being sapot, pikon and suplado on top of being French, I told her bluntly to mind her f..... business and she apologized, stating she had been visited by two men before, one who was a heavy smoker and another one who had visited other girls before her (she found out “by accident” when opening his passport) and she felt frustrated by these bad experiences.

Still shortly after she told me that she did the laundry for the DENR in Tagum and since my ex worked in the DENR in Davao, she would ask there who she was and find info on her. And she ended her message by “jejeje”, which I imagine is the Filipino equivalent of “ha ha ha”.... I immediately stopped communicating with her and did not respond to her subsequent messages, and she stopped writing, and also deleted her profile on FFF.

Recently I received an e-mail from my ex-gf in Davao complaining that a nasty rumour was being spread at her office in Davao about a DENR worker who had been dumped by a Frenchman who suspected her of taking advantage of him financially.

Well, I will refrain from being judgmental but I have already read other stories of irresponsible gossip in the Phils (my ex from Davao herself warned me against the “paki alamero”!) and I now realize I should have been more careful. Anyway, lesson learnt, now I will remain vague about my past. From the way she communicated with me that woman from Tagum has an issue with western men, perhaps because she wasted her time with the two men who visited her. I will not disclose her surname here but if some members of this forum are on dating sites, her name is Marichu, she is single with a sick son in Tagum, Mindanao and as I explained above she is a big troublemaker. If she approaches you, run away from her!

Endemic is the word that better describes gossip
    here its not uncommon for something i heard at breakfast to arrive back from the USA that evening as "new" having gne the rounds of text yahoo and facebook

A secret here has been described as a burden to be shared as quickly as possible
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Gossip and its consequences...

Its like Coronation Street on text

..some people just cant get enough , they go on and on and get envy and dont want anyone to be happy..One thing I like here in England, people dont usually care what you do, they just mind their own business, and carry on with their lives...but some filipinas are exeptionally bringing their lifestyle in the Philippines here, so have to learn to be cautious..private is private,too much info is not good at all times!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    ....A secret here has been described as a burden to be shared as quickly as possible
    Sadly, this also applies to many Filipino communities overseas

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    i sooooo agree with you there mari girl

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Sadly, this also applies to many Filipino communities overseas
    your right, gossip can spread where ever the filipina is
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    your right, gossip can spread where ever the filipina is
    I'm not filipina bashing, just relating what I seen and experienced in ALL the countries I've lived.
    Especially here in UK !!

I call it the 'Filipina Grapevine'

It's like that game we used to play as kids, you start with a sentence, and buy the time it reaches kid no.8 it has a totally different meaning

A patient says: Doctor, last night I made a Freudian slip, I was having dinner with my mother-in-law and wanted to say: "Could you please pass the butter"ť But instead I said: "You silly cow, you have completely ruined my life"
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Send reinforcements we are going to advance...............Send three and fourpence we are going to a danceMaraming chismosas sa Pinas

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Send reinforcements we are going to advance...............Send three and fourpence we are going to a danceMaraming chismosas sa Pinas

Coincidently, I was just this moment thinking of that one.

loads of gossipers in every part of the world...even here in UK

I'm not experience Filipinas gossiping more than anyone else I ust confess. I will say that Your ex may not have been totally honest with you about what happene. You've not indicated whether you actually have seen the girl in Tagum 'live'. Could be your ex messing about for wahtever reason. Just a thought!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    I'm not experience Filipinas gossiping more than anyone else I ust confess. I will say that Your ex may not have been totally honest with you about what happene. You've not indicated whether you actually have seen the girl in Tagum 'live'. Could be your ex messing about for wahtever reason. Just a thought!
    I never saw that woman live, not even talked to her on the phone, we just exchanged a couple of e-mails. So obviously the one at fault is that girl from Tagum. What pisses me off is that she started lecturing me about dumping that poor woman in Davao, and she ended up smearing her deliberately by spreading the story at the Tagum DENR office, from where it spread in Davao...

Thread Information