Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Restricted Access
    intitle "Life in the United Kingdom..A Journey to Citizenship"

I was in panic coz when i am starting to read the chapter of this book and suddenly i came across tho this thread i really though i was not excempt on this New English language testing for partners

No worries Meadows.
    Just keep up your study time (focus on Chapters 2-6)
    You may find CD's or online practice useful as well. They will simulate the test you will take.
    Last time I looked the test cost about £34 so not too bad.
    Unfortunately the ILR will cost you somewhat more

Restricted Access
    ILR cost is surely a an sure but what can w do

hi joe /authur/terpe
    just an update karen has an appointment here in belfast at the ukba for the 29th of march,,,for her ilr,,,so hopefully we will be able to get everything sorted out before we go back to the philippines for our holiday ,,,its going to cost us another 1300 pounds to get this,,,so karen is going to sing outside the city hall to raise the funds,,,oh by the way authur,,,karen has been to the willaim wallace monument in stering and i took her to edingburugh as well but she loved the doggart falls up your end of the woods,,,,also we have a very nice friend in london who works for a travel agent and can do flights back to the philippines at very very good prices anyone need help just send me a message and we will pass on his details ,,i suppose this is the only way we can repay for all the help you all have shown karen and i ,,from the bottom of our hearts we both thank everyone

oop's forgot to say the law changes again on the 6th april 2011,,,and we have been told it is going to be getting tougher

Restricted Access
    Quote Originally Posted by keeperlit View Post
    oop's forgot to say the law changes again on the 6th april 2011,,,and we have been told it is going to be getting tougher
    oh my:( what law??

Hello Karen and John. I am sorry to hear about that news but I hope I can help. I am from dungannon and just got my spouse visa last March 4, 2011. What I did was I booked an appointment online in UKBA. You need to download the most recent and updated spouse visa form which is FLR(M) from the website. It is true that last Nov. they added a new requirement for spouse visa (the English Language exam) I searched for an approved test provider in Belfast and took it few days before my appointment in the border agency. It's pretty simple anyway, I know you can pass it easily, you just have to take Speaking ang Listening in A1 level. Although it cost me £150 for the test and waited 3 days for the result. Btw, i suggest you do it straightforward just incase you wanted to re apply for the spouse visa. But instead of £500 (post), you have to pay them (£800). It's very expensive but what can we do? With regards to your refusal, I think you are indeed over qualified since you've been here for a long time. But you're right, you have an option. And they refused you so that they can get more money from you :( sadly but it's true

hi medg22,,your just down the motorway from us,,,,karen meeting on 29th of march for the ilr as we do not have enough time to sit the english test although karen would walk through it with her eyes close as she nearly talks with a belfast accent now as our flights back to manila is at the start of may but we will do something when we get back,from our visit i see you where asking which bank to open an account with here in northern ireland,,,karen and i are with the ulster bank,,,plus we think if you get a chance you should join the credit union in dungannon,,its very good if you want to go home for a holiday but do not have enough money,,,plus the interest you pay back is very very little,,,also if you are ever going back again leave karen and i a message and we will pass on details of a very very good friend who works in a travel agency in london and you will not get a better deal from anyone else ,,our flight tickets to manila return are 465 return,,,,anyway thank you for offering your help warm regards john and karen

Wow! £465 return?! that sounds very good! I would love to go home for some time this year! with regards to the bank, I think Ulster bank is the one! haha! thanks for the information Anyway, goodluck on your application on Tuesday! All the best keep in touch!

Quote Originally Posted by keeperlit View Post
    hi joe /authur/terpe
    just an update karen has an appointment here in belfast at the ukba for the 29th of march,,,for her ilr,,,so hopefully we will be able to get everything sorted out before we go back to the philippines for our holiday ,,,its going to cost us another 1300 pounds to get this,,,
    good luck and have a great time in the phils
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information