Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One for Gaddafi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Apo, why have you got that Richard Dawkins stuff permanently on your posts?

Don't you think its offensive to a great many on here considering its mainly attracting views from a catholic county, I know my Filipina wife and I do.

You've even put the thumbs up 3 times.

Apo, you are the wind up merchant, not our valued member Ded
    The UK is no longer very interested in christian religion and this is borne out in the dwindling attendances.
    Filipinas who come to live here will see this when they arrive.
    Are you scared of the truth?
    Ask your priest or vicar.

Why do you persist in "Amen's" for example?

As Keith says, if you don't like what I have to type, don't read it or comment on what I have put.
    It's simple.

Banned
    This your opinion Apo

You wonder why, out of this large membership, you manage to rake up the most complaints?

When you are not spouting your blasphemous nonsense, you do in fact contribute greatly here.

Conclusion, the members complaining don't like your anti religious comments.

Nothing wrong with you being an atheist, nothing wrong at all that.

What's wrong is pushing your forthright views on this particular subject down our necks.

Oh, I hope you all had a nice holiday.

Cheers
    Mark
    Last edited by gWaPito; 20th March 2011 at 21:32. Reason: Refine

Banned
    This your opinion and yours alone.

You wonder why at of all the members, you manage to rake up the most complaints?

When you are not spouting your blasphemous nonsense, you do in fact contribute greatly here.

ConclusionApo, they don't like your religious views
    I've always been surprised to find these anti Catholic rantings on the forum which must upset the large number of members who come from a strongly RC society.

I agree about his lack of worthwhile contributions - I wonder if there are any Islamophile forums who are on the lookout for members ?

He won't be reading this though as he's got me on ignore.

I've had 2 complaints about Apo already today

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    As Keith says, if you don't like what I have to type, don't read it or comment on what I have put.
    It's simple.
    So simple, yet you never seem able to do it yourself!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Indeed your right Terpe it wasnt till the OP made his 3rd post (post number 5) and used the word "pest control" which is of course refering to high explosive death of people that may or may not be guilty of some crime that I even bothered to join in.

Very difficult to debate the issues with such words being used regularly rather than debate over the morality of such behaviour.

Indeed by post three the OP was already doing what a few of you complain of

"It won't be long before the handwringing Chuckle Brothers are on here bleating about "not in my name" and civilian casualties. They'll conveniently forget Lockerbie and that it was Bottler Browns Liebour who released the mass murderer Megrahi and sent him back to Libya. With any luck he'll be in the crosshairs right now"

My personal view is that Killing "civilians" is the very thing we all dont want to happen so are we not best advised not to glory in events that involve this?

I further note the Arab league is now less enthusiastic that earlier supposed

I would be interested in the views of the members who posted above on these issues which the OP regularly brings to our attention
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    I would be interested in the views of the members who posted above on these issues which the OP regularly brings to our attention
    My view, and I know it is that of a lot of others, is that along with Apo, you keep bringing things up that have nothing to do with the overall flow of the thread, and decide to take it upon yourself that you will give out personal attack after personal attack regardless of the fact people are just bored of you being repetitive, and most are now just sick of your childish comments.

It's simple.
    So simple, maybe you shou;d try Apo's advice yourself!

come on you guys, your begining to sound like me and my misses , i've not a problem with any of you , but keep the off the forum
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    My view, and I know it is that of a lot of others, is that along with Apo, you keep bringing things up that have nothing to do with the overall flow of the thread, and decide to take it upon yourself that you will give out personal attack after personal attack regardless of the fact people are just bored of you being repetitive, and most are now just sick of your childish comments.

So simple, maybe you shou;d try Apo's advice yourself!
    I was attacking the content of the post Boss

I note you didnt include my points on post 3 and 5 by the OP I have no problem personally with taking a contrary stance with any post that is exreme in its opinion on Violence agreed to by our Government Or which is cruel and demeaning towards women I welcome "looking stupid"

I cant of course force anyone into a debate of the actual issues if they prefer to deride every opinion that doesnt support there views

But as you say they are also free to ignor me

Deadworth isnt you boss is it?
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    110 Tomahawks ..... at $1Mill each
    During these times of austerity, it's good to know that British taxpayers money isn't being wasted, the news yesterday said that of the 122 cruise missiles fired so far, 120 of them were US and only 2 British....and they are quite cheap, only Ł300K a piece

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    I was attacking the content of the post Boss

:
    ..and I was talking about numerous posts of yours across numerous threads over the last few months, and it would be a long list.

I, and many others, have no idea why yourself and Apo suddenly started bitching a few months ago, and launching personal attacks on other members. Before that everything was fine. You're both mature guys and have contributed a lot in the past, but your behaviour lately has been nothing short of the kind of bullying you find in a playground, and you haven't seen anyone disagree with anything I've wrote on this subject because you won't find many that will going by all the messages I get about you both.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    [IMG]
    He should have been dealt with 40 years ago before he had a chance to arm the Provisional IRA, Blow up Airliners etc
    I would naturally be dead set against it, but on the face of it:

This is one group of Kuffar (UN et al) attacking another group of kuffar (Ghaddafi and his hosts) who in turn have massacred and continue to massacre Muslims.

Bear in mind that these Libyan fighters have been on the whole unprepared and are considerably weak compared to Ghaddaffis forces. The situation in Bhengazzi was quite dire today with civilians being killed and forced to flee.

Under these circumstances my opinion is that it is not such a bad thing providing that no ground troops be sent in.

I thought I was on another planet yesterday when the leader of Hamas was speaking quite highly of the Western action on the current situation ..... what's happening to our planet?

From what little I know and understand, it would be possible to support both 'for' and 'against' views on the actions taken.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    From what little I know and understand, it would be possible to support both 'for' and 'against' views on the actions taken.
    I think the majority of the public, me included, don't want another war, especially not in the middle east. However, Gaddafi can't be allowed to murder his people. I don't really want to see British troops involved, but the truth is, for all the Arabs complain about their neighbours, they won't act themselves and always ask the west to support them. It would be far better if he had been dealt with by Arab nations.
    There do appear to be some double standards here though, a good proportion of the middle east despises the west, yet they still want us to help them when they are in trouble.

Respected Member
    What has surprised me this time is the French stance, they were at the forefront calling for a No Fly Zone and also launched the first wave of bombings. In recent times, the French have stood back when military action has been called for. Does this new approach have anything to do with Total and Elf having major operations in Northern Africa and the Sahara region?

Am I right in recalling that Saudi sent in some military to Bahrain to clear the protesters?
    I'm sure I saw something on BBC news but just can't remember, there's been such a lot of bad stuff going on these days.

Respected Member
    Am I right in recalling that Saudi sent in some military to Bahrain to clear the protesters?
    I'm sure I saw something on BBC news but just can't remember, there's been such a lot of bad stuff going on these days.
    They did, but don't forget that Bahrain is about 10 miles off the Saudi coast. Libya is a couple of thousand miles away from Saudi.

I agree, there's lot's of bad stuff going on in the middle east right now, and it looks like Syria and Yemen will be the next one's to kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    What has surprised me this time is the French stance, they were at the forefront calling for a No Fly Zone and also launched the first wave of bombings. In recent times, the French have stood back when military action has been called for. Does this new approach have anything to do with Total and Elf having major operations in Northern Africa and the Sahara region?
    The manner of their action and speedy response also surprised me.

The manner of their action and speedy response also surprised me.
    And me, ... as Ian points out, the French - in recent "historic" times - ain't exactly been quick off the mark to to the defence of other nations in dire straits!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    And me, ... as Ian points out, the French - in recent "historic" times - ain't exactly been quick off the mark to to the defence of other nations in dire straits!!
    There are a lot of politics at work here, and most of which won't be made public to us. However, the French have always had very close ties with the Christians in The Lebanon. The UN resolution was jointly sponsored by the Lebanese, French and British. It makes me wonder what the French have asked the Lebanese for or vice versa? The French have also had strong ties with Northern and Western Africa and the Sahara region. I think there is definitely a greater French objective at work here

Banned
    This your opinion Apo

You wonder why, out of this large membership, you manage to rake up the most complaints?

Conclusion, the members complaining don't like your anti religious comments.

Nothing wrong with you being an atheist, nothing wrong at all that.

What's wrong is pushing your forthright views on this particular subject down our necks.

Oh, I hope you all had a nice holiday.

Cheers
    Mark
    Don't bother to type anything to me as you are now ignored too

Banned
    Don't bother to type anything to me as you are now ignored too

I best go change my pants

Banned
    I've always been surprised to find these anti Catholic rantings on the forum which must upset the large number of members who come from a strongly RC society.

I agree about his lack of worthwhile contributions - I wonder if there are any Islamophile forums who are on the lookout for members ?

He won't be reading this though as he's got me on ignore.
    Looks liked me and you both

Another sleepless night. This rejection stuff is hard to take

Respected Member
    The UK is no longer very interested in christian religion and this is borne out in the dwindling attendances.
    Filipinas who come to live here will see this when they arrive.
    Are you scared of the truth?
    Ask your priest or vicar
    Disagree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last Census over 70% UK residents described themselves as Christian, admittedly lots of people dip in and out as they see fit and are not fully active, but still like to watch nativity plays or songs of praise, give easter eggs, send Christmas cards, pray in times of need ect.

I personally find Richard Dawkins a repulsive individual with aggressive views, who is unprepared to consider other peoples opinions. There are plenty of eminent Christian scientist's who have different viewpoints.

Oh and my Church the attendance is very healthy, im a proud Christian
    and proud of my Church too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancashirelad View Post
    Disagree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    A crank - I wouldn't let him bother you - infant school playground, sticks and stones etc

A crank - I wouldn't let him bother you - infant school playground, sticks and stones etc
    I remember it well the small kids would make up names for people that they saw as diferent and chant them repeatedly to try to be hurtfull

Such things as Bacteria bacteria your a bacteria

Strange how they never grew up
    Absit invidia

Trusted Member
    Infants eventually mature. Bacteria, like threads, mutate. The bad mutations die. The good ones survive. This started as a good thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lancashirelad View Post
    ....Last Census over 70% UK residents described themselves as Christian.......
    Because the question was worded so that you had to answer 'what religeon your parents had forced on you before you could even speak' .... it did not ask you "Do you worship a God, and if so, which religion?". To get the answer to the last question just look at the figures for church attendance.

Australia recently released a report saying that religion will eventually become obsolete in the country at the present rate of decline.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information