Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could We Really Be Nearly there????????

As I write this post, in 4.5 hours my mahal will be presenting her Fiancee Visa documents in Manila. Her appointment is 8.20am (12.20am UK time). It seems that we are almost at the end of this journey in which so much has been invested financially and emotionally.

Thanks to all who have assisted with my questions and also all the general support offered on this site.

Best of Luck.....

I'm sure we will hear from you soon when you declare the good news.
    Seems that processing has recently come down to days rather than weeks.

Good luck

good luck to you both
    As life is to live so love is to give

Quote Originally Posted by New Shoes View Post
    As I write this post, in 4.5 hours my mahal will be presenting her Fiancee Visa documents in Manila. Her appointment is 8.20am (12.20am UK time). It seems that we are almost at the end of this journey in which so much has been invested financially and emotionally.

Thanks to all who have assisted with my questions and also all the general support offered on this site.
    All the best to your fiancee for tomorrow, Dave ... hopefully her visa will be processed and approved quickly!

good luck

she no doubt has done her cfo seminar and the a1 english test
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Thanks for the best wishes guys.

Yup, she's a done the A1 English test BUT>>>>PANIC!!! She's not done the CFO Seminar
    I'd totally missed that requirement. Does this mean her visa application will fail? Or can she attend a CFO seminar once she has got a visa?
    All of her documents are now with the ECO staff

I'm going to do some searching for information.

It would be nice if she could arrange a seminar while she is in Manila, but that depends on what documents she needs to show. Like I said, all of her personal doc are now with the visa people.

Oh man, I gone from being fairy confident that we'd done all that was required and now find out about the CFO.

Any helpful infprmation would be VERY gratyfully received!!

Dont panic mate ... the visa application and CFO seminar are separate requirements.

Your mahal can take the seminar at any time but must return for the exit stamp once she has the visa!
    http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?opti...=329&Itemid=78

Keep smiling

Many thanks for the reply.
    Initially I thought that she needed the CFO cert / stamp to be submitted with the visa application.

So at least now I know that they are two separate things. That's a HUGE relief!!!

I think she might as well wait until she has her passport retuened to her with (hopefully) the visa inside. And then she can arrange to attend a seminar and have the CFO sticker put in her passport on the day.

Many many thanks !!!!!!!!!

For a moment I was in a blind panic thinking that I'd missed a really important requirement for a successful visa application!!!!

Thanks again....

Sorry if I lead you to that it was just intended as a confirmatory promt

My wife was at the cfo seminar yesterday in Cebu but manila is the best choice if you have to travel anyway

She took a complete set of photo copies of everything we had for the wedding process plus a picture with us both in and a picture ID passport will be fine
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Hi Keith, that's OK, you've actually done me a favour as I'd totally missed the whole CFO requirement.

Panic is over............

Thanks again everyone !

Just on a general note if you have kids emigrating you need dswk clearance as well
    Absit invidia

goodluck

Thanks again.........

BTW, no kids, so at least that's one less thing to worry about regarding paperwork etc.

I hadnt realised till the missus came back with a check list from the seminar either no sweat just needs doing
    Absit invidia

Good luck new shoes!! Hopefully i'll be following in your footsteps next week! We've just been informed that the English language test cert has been received by test centre & they've promised to courier it to my wife asap. Should get marriage cert from nso in next couple of days & will then submit visa application. My wife has not taken the CFO seminar yet & is planning to take it once visa is granted ( fingers crossed ) I'll be awaiting news of both yours & keiths application with baited breath. Once again, good luck!

goodluck new shoes and hope your fiance gets her visa soon
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by Rayjen View Post
    Good luck new shoes!! Hopefully i'll be following in your footsteps next week! We've just been informed that the English language test cert has been received by test centre & they've promised to courier it to my wife asap. Should get marriage cert from nso in next couple of days & will then submit visa application. My wife has not taken the CFO seminar yet & is planning to take it once visa is granted ( fingers crossed ) I'll be awaiting news of both yours & keiths application with baited breath. Once again, good luck!
    Mines a bit different as im applying for an EEA family permit for Portugal my prooblem at the moment is the consular section of the Portuguess embassy in Indonesia isnt replying to my emails nor answering calls
    Absit invidia

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Mines a bit different as im applying for an EEA family permit for Portugal
    Ah ... so you're one of the lucky guys ... !!!

my problem at the moment is the consular section of the Portuguess embassy in Indonesia isnt replying to my emails nor answering calls
    Hopefully it WILL soon ... Goodluck in your endeavours!!

just research and planning Arthur research and planning
    Absit invidia

Hi Keith! wow! I don't envy you. The red tape involved dealing with the uk & Philippines is enough for me without throwing in the portugese & Indonesia. Good luck!

just research and planning Arthur research and planning
    how are you exerising your treaty rights in Portugal Keith ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

good luck with your application im sure you will have a positive result

Self employed Joe small scale agriculture
    Absit invidia

Self employed Joe small scale agriculture

goodluck to you and your misses (thou i doubt you will need it )
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Good luck New Shoes and Rayjen. The hardest bit is the waiting! Wonderingwhether its a yes or a no. I was with my wife from when she processed the applicationNov 13, it was sorted in one month, that was a long month!

Thanks gwapito! Yep your right, the waitings the hardest part, also having had jen over here for 6 months on a visit visa, I know what I'm missing!

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Good luck New Shoes and Rayjen. The hardest bit is the waiting! Wonderingwhether its a yes or a no. I was with my wife from when she processed the applicationNov 13, it was sorted in one month, that was a long month!
    1 month , some of us years ago had to wait more than 3 months , i ended up complaining and emailing the managers at the embassy telling them if they were going to refuse it, just do it so i could start an appeal the next day she got a call to collect her visa

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Good luck and keep as updated with any further news!

Hi guys, bit of an update........
    My gf has received a text the end of last week to say that the documents were with the Brit Embassy for consideration.
    Still waiting......waiting ...............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information