Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Whats wrong with using the old-fashioned French method? 'Madame La Guillotine' - "heads WILL roll" [literally!] - quick, (fairly) humane ... and extremely effective.
    arthur, your sounding more like dedworth everyday

its been proven that people get wrongly convicted and sentenced to prison for many years....even with these so called mistakes some of you want to or
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    from what ive read with the states before and after the abolition of capital punishment, it's shown tobe a worthwhile deterrent with the odd mistake here and there.

John thanks for being the only one to address my point It wouldnt help of course to change the law as you sugest if Police Officers are under pressure to achieve a conviction and use inapropriate or criminal methods to arrive at that end. Nor would there release have been possible had they been hung
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    I will reiterate what Dedworth and I have said, until you' ve been on the receiving end of the scum in question, your opinions somewhat biassed to say the least.

Bornabirth You wanted to know who wld do the deed on either opening the trap door or pulling the trigger, if it was your loved one affected, I bet you wld be first in the queue.

Direct experience of violence to your family may well change your views but who here is saying that?

If not my premise still holds as by the same token neither would anyone here want a relative to be hung for a crime they didnt commit
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    arthur, your sounding more like dedworth everyday
    ... I'll take that as a "compliment", shall I !?

... I'll take that as a "compliment", shall I !?
    of course, Arthur

Banned
    Im interested in Keithangel and Bornabirth answer in dealing with these scum?

Do we continue to give them life sentences which last from 7 to 15 years?

I wonder what the Laurence family would say about it.

Face it guys, the situation has got worse. This namby pamby approach has failed miserably.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post

Do we continue to give them life sentences which last from 7 to 15 years?

I wonder what the Laurence family would say about it.

Face it guys, the situation has got worse. This namby pamby approach has failed miserably.
    I suspect that after a lot of soulsearching and handwringing it would be a toss up between an ASBO or a spot of Community Service. They still believe in Phony Tony's Mantra of "Tough on Crime, Tough on The Causes of Crime"

Banned
    And between those, summer camps to the Cote de Zur.

Why not, they are victims of a society of our own making Not!

The gloves need to be replaced with knuckle dusters and slippers for steel toe capped boots.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I suspect that after a lot of soulsearching and handwringing it would be a toss up between an ASBO or a spot of Community Service. They still believe in Phony Tony's Mantra of "Tough on Crime, Tough on The Causes of Crime"
    i would give them the choice of a week with dedworth or a few years in prison

i would lock all so called scum up for life until they die and for those who do get to be found innocent...well at least their still alive

you do know that prison isnt a deterrent, its just a hindrance to them and when many of them get released most will reoffend

of course, Arthur
    But ... ... couldn't it possibly be you're confusing me with Gwapito ... who's since taken up the cudgels ?!

But ... ... couldn't it possibly be you're confusing me with Gwapito ... who's since taken up the cudgels ?!
    or maybe your sounding more like gwapito or maybe i should wear my glasses because everything looks the same to me

maybe i should wear my glasses because everything looks the same to me
    Aye well ... maybe you should! ... there's none so blind as those who CAN'T (or WON'T) see when folk are trying to tell them something!!!

Uniquivocle Life for Premeditated murder with no mitigating circumstance should mean just that clear enough
    Absit invidia

Banned
    Keith You personally will always find mitigating circumstances, it's in your nature Keith

life often isnt black or white Gwap regardless of how much we might want it to be
    Absit invidia

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information