Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Camarines Sur / Bicol region?

Just booked flights to Legazpi for 8 days in Aug, any tips on what to do there please.

Before anyone tells me it's the wet or hurricane season, i know, but it was meant to be the wet season last Aug when I was in Mindoro and it was quite nice then

well you dont need my advice what to do but i will give it, dont talk to strangers, dont walk alone at night, and always wear a condom, nearly forgot this one take a umbrella

Trusted Member
    Have a hike up the Mayon volcano ?

Have a look into the Lake at Iriga at the smallest species of fish in the world ?

(The ex is from near Naga City).

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Have a hike up the Mayon volcano ?

Have a look into the Lake at Iriga at the smallest species of fish in the world ?

(The ex is from near Naga City).
    Cheers Graham I'm quite happy to walk up the volcano, not sure my other half is after walking up Taal Volcano nearly killed her

Trusted Member
    I think you'll find the Mayon is a lot more challenging.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I think you'll find the Mayon is a lot more challenging.
    I think I'll be doing that on my own then
    I suggested we go to Pinatubo in April, I didn't get a positive response to that either

Mount Mayon Volcano looks just like the drawing of a stereotypical volcano. Quite Interesting actually and a great photographic opportunity.

Graham is quite right, I also wanted to climb it, but soon realised it's better and safer to join an organised group. As I recall this type of activity was about 4 or 5 days and I just couldn't spare the time. Maybe next time better luck. But my wife will not, I just don't think she's cut out for that or even that she could.

BTW interestingly you'll be quite close to Mount Bulusan volcano not so far away in Sorsogon. This is the one that recently erupted.

Another good place for a nice family day out and picnic is Albay Park and Wildlife. Really a lot of interesting birds to see in the extensive aviaries. Lots of other animals there too, but not really like a zoo. It is a very very nice place to roam around and relax.

If you have plenty of time, and the inclination, you can find some simple and stunningly beautiful beaches on Catanduanes island. Another great photographic opportunity.

Closer to home and just down by the harbour area of Legazpi City itself is a lively place called Penarada Road. We found a great restaurant serving local food, wonderful place, just can't remember the name. Fantastic value. Quite close to that and on the same road there's a pretty good Chinese restaurant as well.

Nice place for a few days break.

Banned
    Englishman If you were to have gone now, you would have had the privilege to have swam with the Whale Sharks. They migrate there every year. The area they hang out is a 2 hour drive from the airport. My Mother in law lives there. Lucky us! Its also the place we intend to live when we eventually get round to moving out there. Great to see you back Graham.

Respected Member
    Many thanks Terpe, I'm sure we'll have a great time there. It's not until August, so i Have plenty of time to read up and ask more questions.

I've just booked flights to Coron Island for Jan too, looking forward to that as well

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Englishman If you were to have gone now, you would have had the privilege to have swam with the Whale Sharks. They migrate there every year. The area they hang out is a 2 hour drive from the airport. My Mother in law lives there. Lucky us! Its also the place we intend to live when we eventually get round to moving out there. Great to see you back Graham.
    So far everything sounds good

Agree, nice to see Graham back

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    well i already posted to elaine's facebook earlier..caramoan and the whale shark of donsol are the greatest there..though the travel would exhaust you..but if you're up to it, it'll be awesome..we did all that (caramoan, cwc, legaspi & donsol) in 4 days! swimming with the whale sharks were the most rewarding!

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Wish I would have known about that, it sounds awesome
    Next time is for sure. Don't know when though.

The biggest problem I've got is that there are just toooooo many wonderful places to visit and experience. Philippines is really such a blessed location. I some ways I wished it was much more tourist oriented with great transportation etc. In other ways I just wish it would stay as it is. Selfish that me.

I don't have enough years or money to complete my 'bucket list'. better make a more realistic one.

Still got a lot of places in Europe to my asawa and fulfil her 'bucket list'.

What a great life it is

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    well i already posted to elaine's facebook earlier..caramoan and the whale shark of donsol are the greatest there..though the travel would exhaust you..but if you're up to it, it'll be awesome..we did all that (caramoan, cwc, legaspi & donsol) in 4 days! swimming with the whale sharks were the most rewarding!
    Yes, I saw your reply. We've got 8 days, so hopefully plenty of time to see everything

Thread Information