Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

O2 your country tarrif (hope this may help...)

O2 pay and go users.... go to your nearest O2 store ask for your country tarrif
    or
    text 'YOUR COUNTRY' to 21300 to switch to get free international calls.

What you get
    Monthly top up Credit Free minutes
    £10 £10 50
    £15 £15 100
    £30 £30 200

hope this help.....

i dont think this applies to the phils
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I doubt it will as the Phil is a high charge.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

it does apply to the philippines.....

Excluded countries: Cuba, Solomon Islands, Sao Tome and Principe, Sudan, Norfolk Island, Papau New Guinea, Vanuatu, East Timor, Somalia and Syria

Respected Member
    Does it work if you are on a monthly business contract with o2?

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    Does it work if you are on a monthly business contract with o2?
    im sorry but i dont know, i think its best to contact customer service or have a visit to ur nearest o2 shop and make inquires on this matter....

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    im sorry but i dont know, i think its best to contact customer service or have a visit to ur nearest o2 shop and make inquires on this matter....
    No problems. I usually buy a £5 credit with a 3rd party provider (Story Telecoms) which means I can call the Phils for about 8-10 pence per minute by dialing a landline number in London. I'm quite happy with this arrangement anyway

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    it does apply to the philippines.....

Excluded countries: Cuba, Solomon Islands, Sao Tome and Principe, Sudan, Norfolk Island, Papau New Guinea, Vanuatu, East Timor, Somalia and Syria

http://freesim.o2.co.uk/terms/country
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I have seen this and wasnt sure about it, anybody tried it.

this was recommended to me by Purple & her husband and it has saved me a fortune.

http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert...ntcallchecker/

Banned
    Would be interesting to see if anyone signs up and gets a deal on calls to the Phils cos their international favourites service excludes PI http://www.o2.co.uk/internationalfavourites

I think as has been said before the greedy PI Phone Co's are to blame for incoming calls not being cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Would be interesting to see if anyone signs up and gets a deal on calls to the Phils cos their international favourites service excludes PI http://www.o2.co.uk/internationalfavourites

I think as has been said before the greedy PI Phone Co's are to blame for incoming calls not being cheap
    thats what i thought, thats why i didn't believe this ..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    thats what i thought, thats why i didn't believe this ..
    The proof will be in the pudding let's await any reports

i arrived in the uk last year and been on this your country tarrif... i normally top up 10 pound a month and i get my 50 minutes international free call every month... its good for me to have this free call coz i can always call my family back home without worrying how much it will cost me.....

i must check this out now ,,,as my wife karen uses lebara, as she can top up 10 pound and get well over hour and half on phone to her mum in manila,,,,she ran out of top up one night i gave her my phone and it ate 20 pounds in five minutes,,and i'm 02,,,so this is good to know ,,,cheers thank you
    live and let live

lebara
    LebaraMovil?I have a Lebara SIM here in spain.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    0871 341 2298 - 9p a minute to Philippine mobiles enter the number as soon as the computer starts talking at you, use 00639xx xxx xxxx format.

0871 552 2244 - 8p a minute to Philippine landlines again enter the number as soon as the computer starts talking at you.

Only problem is failed connection for which you will get charged the first 9p and occasional dropouts, call quality is usually good unless she's in the living room and the kids are screaming

The mobile rate is effectively as cheap as a smart plug n talk or local mobile call rates in the Phils.

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    0871 341 2298 - 9p a minute to Philippine mobiles enter the number as soon as the computer starts talking at you, use 00639xx xxx xxxx format.

0871 552 2244 - 8p a minute to Philippine landlines again enter the number as soon as the computer starts talking at you.

Only problem is failed connection for which you will get charged the first 9p and occasional dropouts, call quality is usually good unless she's in the living room and the kids are screaming

The mobile rate is effectively as cheap as a smart plug n talk or local mobile call rates in the Phils.
    How do you get charged? is it through your phone bill at the end of the month? I was Looking at Filipno talk phone card, which i saw. If you buy bulk cards then would work out quite cheap. There is a connection charge of 30p but after a long call maybe doesn't cost too much.

Do you know if there is there a lot of connection problems with these services you talked about and phone cards?

Respected Member
    Hi Steve, yes it just goes on your phone bill, I've not had any surprises with it, just make sure you always make the calls from a landline.

The cards I have tried in the past often don't deliver the rate they promise in reality.

All of these services are VOIP (voice over internet protocol) in one form or another and at the end of the day the call quality mostly depends on the connection at the remote end.

Remote landlines are usually pretty good but remote mobiles can be really problematic.

We use Smart over there but Ana does not have a good quality cellphone right now and at best the signal where we live is quite poor, so I get a lot of connection problems but it vary's through the year as the weather affects reception with mobiles.

On another note I tried three years ago to get a PLDT landline installed in our place over there but they are just useless they approved Ana then never turned up even though we had been customers for the previous 3 years at another address. Calling a landline (real one not wireless landline) is infinitely better than calling a Philippine mobile.

Hi Steve, yes it just goes on your phone bill, I've not had any surprises with it, just make sure you always make the calls from a landline.
    That is a problem for me as I don't own a landline, just use my mobile. Been trying to reduce costs to save for spouse visa so cancelled it. Maybe its costing me more.

Respected Member
    That's a shame, the problem is that from a mobile the network will add a minimum charge because it's an 087x number.

I don't know of any mobile to mobile deals that come in at less than 15 p a minute.

I don't know of any mobile to mobile deals that come in at less than 15 p a minute.
    That's looks ok for me then, I am paying 15p a minute with Rebtel at the moment. So it looks like I'm paying the industry norm.

Cheers for your help Jim

Thread Information