Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

One More Step Along The Road WE Go ...

... an appropriate opening for the first post of my 7th "millenia". Myrna and I travelled down to the UKBA's only Scottish PEO in my native city of Glasgow, today ... to present her application for ILR in person. Her appointment wasn't actually till 2 o'clock in the afternoon ... but we arrived just after midday ... and the staff were ever so helpful (well that's Glaswegians for you!) - from the security officials manning the gate, right through to the lady who affixed the precious RESIDENCE PERMIT to her passport.

Because we'd arrived ahead of time, all was "done & dusted" - even before the scheduled time of our appointment - and we emerged from the modern buildings with documents returned intact in less than an hour ... oblivious to the damp, drizzly weather conditions.

One scary moment did arise though. And that was at the beginning of the interview ... when the guy we saw first asked if we'd brought the Title Deeds of the house that I've lived in for nearly 43 years, ! I hadn't, of course - despite Myrna advising me to include them last night! But luckily, his senior officer - who'd been hovering around at the time - overheard the question and verified that the Council Tax Bills we had provided amounted to proof enough that I was able to accommodate my wife without the need to resort to claiming public funds.

So - apart from momentary panic [on MY part] - all went smoothly ... thanks to valuable support from Aileen (Acs) who received her ILR by post two days ago and Joe Bloggs' ever-helpful guidance on when to apply.

You dont look a day over 5 millenia Arthur congrats on the Visa
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

great news Arthur, deeds for the house
    anyway thats over with
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Great news for u both
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Well done to you both.
    Another one free from immigration constraints

Now all you both need to do is rebuild that Hadrians Wall to keep those pesky English out
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Now all you both need to do is rebuild that Hadrians Wall to keep those pesky English out
    ...and buy your Scottish passports
    Well done !

well done arthur congratulations

well done ..Congratulations to both of you!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Respected Member
    Well done to both of you

Respected Member
    Congrats Arthur and to your wife

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK
    Well done Arthur!!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Arthur, well done also on passing the 7000 posts mark

well done to you both and well done arthur for the 7000

Well done Arthur and Myrna now you can have a long nap and rest. I know how stressful have been the both of you. Now that's done with, the next step to tackle will be the citizenship...see you again on that. For now congratulations again colin and aileen.

Quote Originally Posted by acs View Post
    Well done Arthur and Myrna now you can have a long nap and rest. I know how stressful have been the both of you. Now that's done with, the next step to tackle will be the citizenship...see you again on that. For now congratulations again colin and aileen.
    Oh yes!!! Good reminder acs.
    Arthur, better start saving right away for the British Citizenship step
    another wad needed.
    What a nice business for the gov't

Another BIG, BIG to everyone who responded to this thread. Yes, indeed ... the next - and hopefully final - step will be acquiring Myrna's British Citizenship. Correct me if I'm wrong here, anyone ... but I think it used to be the case - once upon a time - that a person from abroad *automatically became a British Citizen upon marriage to a Brit. Or was *that simply a "fairy tale" that did the rounds?

to many drams there i think arthur you must have dreamed that

Congratulations to you both, Arthur and Myrna, so pleased to hear that you've successfully obtained Myrna's ILR!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... an appropriate opening for the first post of my 7th "millenia". Myrna and I travelled down to the UKBA's only Scottish PEO in my native city of Glasgow, today ... to present her application for ILR in person. Her appointment wasn't actually till 2 o'clock in the afternoon ... but we arrived just after midday ... and the staff were ever so helpful (well that's Glaswegians for you!) - from the security officials manning the gate, right through to the lady who affixed the precious RESIDENCE PERMIT to her passport.

Because we'd arrived ahead of time, all was "done & dusted" - even before the scheduled time of our appointment - and we emerged from the modern buildings with documents returned intact in less than an hour ... oblivious to the damp, drizzly weather conditions.

One scary moment did arise though. And that was at the beginning of the interview ... when the guy we saw first asked if we'd brought the Title Deeds of the house that I've lived in for nearly 43 years, ! I hadn't, of course - despite Myrna advising me to include them last night! But luckily, his senior officer - who'd been hovering around at the time - overheard the question and verified that the Council Tax Bills we had provided amounted to proof enough that I was able to accommodate my wife without the need to resort to claiming public funds.

So - apart from momentary panic [on MY part] - all went smoothly ... thanks to valuable support from Aileen (Acs) who received her ILR by post two days ago and Joe Bloggs' ever-helpful guidance on when to apply.
    Hello Arthur

Well done with Myrna's successful ILR

I hope you don't mind me asking why you booked an appointment at a UK Border Agency Public Enquiry Office (PEO) instead of doing it online ?
    I see from the UKBA website that it costs £350 extra to do it this way. (£1250 versus £900)

My wife will sit the "Life In the UK Test" soon. She arrived in the UK on 12th May 2009.

I'm just wondering what the benefits are applying for permanent residence in the office versus filling out the form and sending by post.

Brgds,
    aposhark

Well done to you both...a little late, but just been a bit busy, so have missed lots of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Congratulations to you both, Arthur and Myrna, so pleased to hear that you've successfully obtained Myrna's ILR!
    , Rosie ... another hurdle over, thank God! [not forgetting the UKBA].

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Hello Arthur

Well done with Myrna's successful ILR
    Hello, mate ...

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    I hope you don't mind me asking why you booked an appointment at a UK Border Agency Public Enquiry Office (PEO) instead of doing it online ?
    I see from the UKBA website that it costs £350 extra to do it this way. (£1250 versus £900)

My wife will sit the "Life In the UK Test" soon. She arrived in the UK on 12th May 2009.

I'm just wondering what the benefits are applying for permanent residence in the office versus filling out the form and sending by post.
    Not at all ... the reason we decided to fork out the extra £350 was because I'm none too patient when it comes to waiting up to 3 months or more for either good or bad news; it's far too stressful and nerve-wracking!! Best to "get it over and done with" is my motto. Besides, Glasgow's little more than an hour's bus ride from Perth ... so it would've been easy enough to *nip back home and return the next day with any crucial document(s) we'd forgotten. Thankfully, *that wasn't necessary.

Good Luck to Rochelyn when her turn comes.

cangats arthur

Respected Member
    Congrats Arthur and Myrna i love happy endings

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Well done to you both...a little late, but just been a bit busy, so have missed lots of posts.
    , Simon ... you know, it would please me no end to "see" your good lady here with you. And ... IF only it were easier too, for other married couples ... like Alan & Hanna and Tony & Eliza.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    cangats arthur
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancashirelad View Post
    Congrats Arthur and Myrna i love happy endings
    Hi, guys ... Stewart and Dave ... both.

congratulations myrna and arthur

Thread Information