Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: arthritis

arthritis

whats the best to treat or help this

Stay off painkillers if you can, otherwise you'll be on them for life, just take them when it's really bad.

The pain usually comes from the area around the joint, not the joint itself so you need to keep it relax. Massage, heat, or jacuzzi, which I use with good results.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

thanks for the quick response

I got a very sharp knife here Steve ........... ok, I'll get my coat
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

the trouble is i dont know what i have got the doctore says it could be arthritis just take a asprine , but sometimes my arm muscles ache not all the time but like a spasum,and its not this or polishing shoes as mick says

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    whats the best to treat or help this
    Easy to ask Steve, not so easy to answer ! There is now a "Health" section on the forum.
    Arthritis means inflammation of joints. It may be acute (short-lived) or chronic (long-lasting).
    *Osteoarthritis is the commonest chronic joint disease - 2 million sufferers in the UK. Usually weight-bearing joints like hip and knee. It's not a single disease. There may be obvious causes such as over-use in footballers, or obesity, or "wear and tear" associated with middle age. Exercise and physical therapy, simple oral painkillers such as paracetamol, or drugs such as ibuprofen are beneficial. Acupuncture or steroid injections may be beneficial. Ultimately joint replacements may be needed.
    *Rheumatoid arthritis affects 1% of the population, more commonly females. This inflammation may affect any joints (and other systems of the body) as it is an "auto-immune" disease. There are many "DMARDS" ( disease modifying antirheumatic drugs).
    *Seronegative arthritis includes ankylosing spondylitis (involving spine and lower back), reactive arthritis (following infections elsewhere), and arthritis associated with other diseases (psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease, haemophilia).
    *Acute or chronic gout (treated with specific drugs). *The various types of arthritis can be diagnosed by clinical examination, X Rays and blood tests, and treated accordingly.
    You do right to take advice from your doctor, and I don't think specific advice can be given on the forum without having all clinical details which are, of course, confidential.

thanks Alan, its just down to good old age and wera and tear i think , the other week i twisted my back and just got over that, i brought a weight lifting belt and that really did help, but the last few months just a niggle in my arms , well soon be summer and soon be warmer too, all aches and pains will be gone then

Thread Information