Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My husband's visa granted after 4 Days!

God is Good!
    My husband got his visa today after only 4 days! If you have read my post, he submitted his application last Friday, 11 February.
    THIS IS A MIRACLE. WHY?

1. Im unemployed.
    2. He's unemployed.
    3. We do not have any funds in our joint account and didn't show any evidence of him having money.
    4. I have £2500 in my UK account borrowed from my mom only.
    5. I do not have 6 months bank statements.
    6. I do not have payslips.
    7. We've only been married for less than a month (but known each other for 5.5 years)

I wrote a really really AWESOME letter to the ECO though. hahaha

Thanks everyone for the support!
    God Bless!

WOW.... COngratulations to both of you...

Amazing congratulations jazz

Congrats to both of you!

Could you possibly show us a copy of the letter if you didnt mind as this would be very helpful to many of us on here. One thing though, if you're unemployed how did they grant the visa given the fact that they are worried about your husband having recourse to public funds?

then your very lucky

becuase many people would have been refused for having no job, no bankstatements or payslips..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    then your very lucky

becuase many people would have been refused for having no job, no bankstatements or payslips..
    Indeed

jazz, firstly congratulations on being granted your spouse visa.
    Secondly, I have to say this is exceptionally unusual.
    You should indeed consider yourself lucky.

There surely was something that convinced you to risk such an amount of money on a visa application that appears to be one of the weakest I have ever heard of.

Whatever is your secret ??
    Please share with those forum members who find themselves in heartbreaking circumstances being unable to be together.

It's all about proving your love, your future outlook, and whether or not you can support your fiancee. The more detail and information you supply, which has always been the case, the better chance of being granted a visa.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    It's all about proving your love, your future outlook, and whether or not you can support your fiancee. The more detail and information you supply, which has always been the case, the better chance of being granted a visa.
    So true but given the fact that she is unemployed and £2500 in savings she is clearly not in a position to be able to support both her husband and herself. That letter obviously did the trick so it would be awsome if she could share it with us fellow board members so we can learn from it.

Here's the letter. hope i'd be able to help someone out there! LOOOOONG READ!

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is a letter of support for my husband, ‘J’ _________, who is currently applying for a Settlement visa. I am ___ years old turning ____ in March. He is ___, handsome, very kind, loving and patient man of my life. We have been together as a couple for 5 years and 8 months, married for over a month and sincerely hoping that you would grant our request to be together again.
    I have been in and out of the Philippines for the past 3 years and it has been really tough for both of us. It will be the 3rd year that he and I will not be together on Valentine’s Day.

Love timeline:

June 2003 - ‘J’ and I first met at _______ University in _______ City, Philippines, he was my classmate (that I had a huge crush on).
    May 2005 - Finally (due to my determination), we became a couple.
    June 2005 - Only a month after we officially announced our relationship, I had to leave him to visit my family in the UK.
    Sep 2005 - I came back to the Philippines after 3 months to continue with school and decided to live with J until May 2007 (though my parents were unaware of this).
    June 2007 - I went to the UK to visit my family since I finished school already.
    Nov 2007 - Came home to the Philippines for my graduation ceremony and lived with ‘J’
    Dec 2008 - I was granted a Settlement visa as a dependant of my mother who is now a British Citizen in the UK. I moved to the UK immediately.
    June 2009 - I went home to the Philippines for a holiday.
    ‘J’ proposed to me, we had an engagement celebration.
    July 2009 - Came back to the UK as I was already working for _______ at that time as a _________.
    March 2010- I came home to the Philippines again to celebrate my birthday with ‘J’.
    Went back to the UK after a month, I was made redundant from my job, so I decided it would be best if I go to the Philippines.
    July 2010 - I went home to the Philippines 6 months prior to our wedding.
    December _____ – Our wedding day.
    January 20, 2011 - I had to leave my husband again to go back to the UK.

I am sorry for the long biography, but I just want to show you that for the past 5 years my poor ‘J’ had to keep waiting for me and I am sincerely crying for help Sir/Madam. I just want to be with my husband and start a beautiful family together in the UK.

I am settled in the UK with my family, residing at _______________. We live in a rented 3-bedroom house (please see attached tenancy agreement and letter from landlord). I have my own room here that is big enough for my husband and I, we plan to live with my family because we will be happy that way. My mother is more than happy to accommodate both of us until we are ready to move forward in the future.

After my redundancy in April 2010, another company (______) offered me a job to work as an Office Manager in their Real Estate business. However, in July _____ instead of going to the office, I decided to go the Philippines instead to be with ‘J’ as we only had 6 months to prepare for the wedding, I thought, it would be best for me to be with him as soon as possible. While I was away, Mr.____________, Sales Director of _______ has been in contact with me asking me for my return to the UK as my position is still available if I am still interested. I have a meeting with him and the CEO on the 11th of February to discuss my employment (emails from Mr.________ are also part of J’s supporting documents to prove my statement)

NOTE: After my redundancy, I have NEVER asked or received benefits from the UK government. I did not claim any benefits or tax credits that are paid by the state. I had enough money to support myself. While in the Philippines,’ J’ supported me as he was employed by ____________ at that time.

I have a generous amount of savings in my bank; (Please see attached bank statements, savings account). Since we got married only last month and I was in the Philippines for 6 months, I know you would understand that we have used up all our money to have our dream wedding (at least my fairy-tale winter themed wedding, please see photos attached to his application) and to pay for J’s visa application fee, we used all we got from our wedding monetary gifts.

My mother volunteered to be a co-sponsor to support J (please see attached letter from my mother). She has been a great help for both of us, financially and emotionally as she knows how difficult it has been for J and I these past couple of years. She hopes for J to come live with us (so she could see grandchildren soon). Thus, her bank statements, savings account, certificate of employment provided by NHS – She is a Band 6 Nurse at ______________, her remittance slips to me to help J and I with the wedding expenses and her payslips.

J and I both have a Degree in __________ and he intends to seek employment on arriving in the UK which will further increase our income. I am very familiar with the role and obligations of visa sponsorship and of the Home Office expectations in this undertaking, and though I am unemployed at this time that I am writing this letter, I assure you that I will be employed and J, too, therefore we would not need recourse to public funds, as if we ever faced major financial difficulties, my family would provide assistance.

I hope the facts and evidence provided enables you to grant my husband a settlement visa to live in the UK with me. We are just a young couple who want to start our life together in the UK and build a beautiful family here.

Kind regards,

Last edited by jazz; 17th February 2011 at 13:18. Reason: had to say it's long read. haha

you are very very lucky indeed. congratulations
    Life as we make it

you had a job offer which would have helped your visa app.

acommondation shouldnt be a problem.

you said you didnt have 6 months bank statements how many did you send?, and did any of them show the £2,500 going into you account ?

i think the case worker may have used their discretion(if the gov is now allowing it) on 3rd party financial support (your mother) might have swung it your way..

your letter would have helped to explain your circumstances , but no letter of support will get you a visa alone . they have criteria they work to, thou they can use some disretion and each visa app decision is based on a case by case.

but even still to getting your visa..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Congrats Jazz

Congratulations, Jazz!!!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    congrats jazz & to ur hubby!

It would seem that the sponsorship from your mother and the proof that you did not claim public funds whilst you were unemployed will have probably been enough to statisfy them and clearly all the other info you provided showed that you are both a couple deeply in love. Congratulations to you both and I wish you both a happy life together.

This is very good news jazz, good for you.
    Our situation is different, but similar in some circumstances, if there is any sense in that? More to do with being self employed. I've been thinking about the letter explaining in fine detail our situation, along the same lines as yourself.

Enjoy your lives together.

congrats jazz and to your hubby, personaly i think it was the letter it must have brought tears to the readers eyes, it did mine, lol well done

congrats jazz and all the best
    Everything happens for a reason, yet God makes impossible things POSSIBLE!

hello jazz!!
    I was impressed by the letter of support you submitted to UKBA
    Indeed very lucky!! Congratulations to both of you!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Yes ... I remember reading your introductory posts. And whilst some would say you're extremely fortunate - given your joint circumstances - I prefer to believe that your *success is due, in no small measure, to your well-presented covering letter ... that evidently tugged at the "heartstrings" of the ECO assigned to assess your application. Hopefully, it will serve as an inspiration to all those couples following in its *wake ... since it clearly demonstrates your commitment to each other over many years - and is living proof that CAN and does conquer all. Which - to my mind - is how it should be ... NOT mainly dependent on applicants' financial capabilities!!

so much for sharing this wonderful news - along with the "key" to your success. Congratulations and God Bless!

Another Good News! LOL

First, THANK YOU everyone for your posts and words of encouragement and wisdom. My husband already got his ticket and will be here next week! YAY!
    And yet another blessing has come my way...

I AM NO LONGER UNEMPLOYED! yay! I went to an interview today, and they hired me! I'll be working on an event called The Retirement Show.

Downside is, i start work the day my hubby gets off the plane at Gatwick Airport! HAHA poor baby, have to be lonely but we have to start somewhere, I'm gonna have to support both of us until he finds a job here.

So, that's it guys! Thank you again and God Bless!

Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    And yet another blessing has come my way...

I AM NO LONGER UNEMPLOYED! yay!
    That is truely a blessing. Congrats again and well done. Looks like a great start

does your husband need to get the cfo certificate? or its ok if not.thanks

He got the CFO sticker already.

OMG! I have to say this is the closest to my own situation that I have read of. You are very helpful Jazz! This has really made me more confident in applying my fiance's visa. Although I am employed at the moment which might help as well. I think your letter of support really pushed the ECO to give your husband a visa along with the fact that you have a job offer. Im so happy you posted this! yey!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    He got the CFO sticker already.
    Thats interesting I had understood that the CFO seminar was for women only
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Yes well done, you"ve given hope to so many of us as I was very nearly put off by all this visa requirmnts. Maybe the government don"t want to be seen as discriminating against the poor which is what I"m worried about as I"m a struggling sole trader & musician.
    Hi how are you?
    I am new to this site because I hav a gf in phillipines whom I went to see for 2wks. last Oct. We"ve known each other (online) since last July & miss/love each other very much. Could anyone tell me how easy it is to get a visitors visa for her to see me in the UK? I actually sent some documents (bank statments etc.) by airmail in January for her visa app. but she never recieved them. I sent photocopies of the passport & bank book but they wanted certified copies which I"ve no idea what that means. (I read this on the Border Agency w/site.) I will have to re-send them but what does this certified mean?

Replies much apriciated & so relieved that I found this forum as I have to find everything out alone as my gf in phillipnes has no access to the web.

Hi Dunstun and welcome to the forum
    certified copies means you need to have the photo copies signed by a solicitor the will need to see the origionals and sign the copies
    As life is to live so love is to give

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    thats good news hope soon i can make it also...im excited to take the exam and apply for visa but scared i cant pass..want to meet his family but i dont know if it will be happen....

Newbie (Restricted Access) xylonavim's Avatar
    HI TO ALL! I'm a newbie here I hope some kind-hearted people out there could help me what to do about my husband visa. what are the steps and documents we need to prepare also DOES ANYONE KNOW WHETHER BEING PREGNANT WILL AFFECT THE PROCESS OF HUSBAND VISA APPLICATION OR NOT?

I am planning to sponsor my husband outland, I'm a filipino UK resident (ILR), he is malaysian-chinese, currently working in the philippines .

Please let me know, if anyone had experience before.

Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information