Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Cubao, Quezon city?

Does anybody know anything about cubao located in quezon city?
    What the areas like?
    How safe?

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    My wife's from Cainta, a few miles (45 mins plus in jeepney !!! )

Its a fair sized town, lots of pollution, with the interchange for two local rail lines, long distance bus terminals for several companies etc.

We shopped there, and passed through the town on the way to and from Manila many times. I never had any security problems but we were never there after dark.

There is a cheap hotel/hostel in the town, which offers a bed space up to family rooms.

(Kabayan Hotel Cubao: .
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...an_Hotel_Cubao Quezon_City_National_Capital_Region_Luzon.html)

Reasonable map at:- http://www.agoda.es/asia/philippines...ce1fabbc8e9&gc

Not a place I would choose as a holiday centre !

The Victory Liner goes to Cubao

I was asking about Cubao because my girlfriend is going to stay with her cousin there while she looks for a new job. I wanted to know a bit more about the area in case it was a bit dodgy.

Respected Member
    I just ask my wife and she thinks it is safer than Manila.

Of course if she is living in Cubao she has easy access to Manila on the trains, FX, jeepnies and buses. The trains are fast and cheap, although at rush hour they get very packed

lots of holdappers and pickpocketers...very busy place..easy access to any place in metro manila through train, buses, jeepney, taxi, FX,...u can find a market, average and posh malls...just be careful and avoid wearing jewelries and never use ur cellphone on the roads of even inside the cars...some places are good some place full of squatters....

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    lots of holdappers and pickpocketers...very busy place..easy access to any place in metro manila through train, buses, jeepney, taxi, FX,...u can find a market, average and posh malls...just be careful and avoid wearing jewelries and never use ur cellphone on the roads of even inside the cars...some places are good some place full of squatters....
    I drew cash from ATMs practically every day over several months. Visited shops, malls, bus and train stations. Never even thought I might have any problem.

Of course not putting yourself on offer is practical advice for just about anywhere in the world.

Conceptions about a place are quite often wrong. I live on Costa del Sol. Some people love to say the crime is high. I have been a voluntary translator with the police here for 16 years. I know that reported crime is very low. Also, Spain was recently voted by UK tourists as the safest place to take a holiday.

Perceptions can be way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerg View Post
    I was asking about Cubao because my girlfriend is going to stay with her cousin there while she looks for a new job. I wanted to know a bit more about the area in case it was a bit dodgy.
    Cubao,Quezon City is just like any Cities in the Philippines ..busy,polluted,traffic,big buildings,...alive day and night.. if your girlfried is a filipina am sure she'll be fine.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

cubao the old business place, farmers market, araneta center...its like the commercial district of quezon city.

Code:
    Cubao,Quezon City is just like any Cities in the Philippines ..busy,polluted,traffic,big buildings,...alive day and night

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    I drew cash from ATMs practically every day over several months. Visited shops, malls, bus and train stations. Never even thought I might have any problem.

Of course not putting yourself on offer is practical advice for just about anywhere in the world.

Conceptions about a place are quite often wrong. I live on Costa del Sol. Some people love to say the crime is high. I have been a voluntary translator with the police here for 16 years. I know that reported crime is very low. Also, Spain was recently voted by UK tourists as the safest place to take a holiday.

Perceptions can be way out.
    i've worked there and board there for 3 years...u even see children snipping rugby on the road...cubao is well known for holdups, pickpockets , shoplifters long before...that includes recto, quiapo, avenida and divisoria.

Respected Member
    You may well be right but many people who live here (Costa Del Sol, Spain) think there is a lot of crime here and they will argue vehemently that there is, they believe it, but the reality, the actual crime report figures, prove there is not.

The difference between fact and perception.

There may be a lot of Crime in Cubao, but without knowing what the crime report figures are one cannot know. For me it appeared no worse that many other places.I felt at ease there.

everyone shared mostly accurate facts about cubao.

what's in cubao?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quezon_City#Cubao

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    yeah, like what me and my friends say, you can see people from all walks of life (lower, middle and upper class) in Cubao everyday...just be careful on where to go and which places to avoid..usually lots of pick pockets and holduppers around Aurora Blvd. Lots of my former officemates don't want to be transferred in one of our offices there because of that..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Been to Cubao a few times for the world cockfighting championships in the Araneta,same as anywhere else in Manila,also once had a girlfriend in QC,wandered around at night often without mishap.As with anywhere just keep your guard up

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

hi im new here
    am i correct in saying cuboa is a district of manilla not far from pasig i catch the coach from olongapo city we stop here as its far less hassle to catch a taxi to the airport as the next stop there are plenty of guys to hassle you for money for all kinds of unwanted services to the foreigners
    my stories are that its safe but obv being foreign but with caution
    like every city it attracts many people ive heard many stories which appear plausible not to go out with expensive items watches chains sunglasses etc as its easy to be robbed of such things often un noticed its a busy place that never sleeps
    best wishes mark

hi
    very true the victory liner {coach service} does have one of its depots here i use it often because its less hassle than going on to the next stop
    its safe as anywhere but as ive read and my girlfriend lived in the next area and knows this place well that dont go out or be seen with valuable items even decent sunglasses they get robbed that means anyone esp on jeepnies or the tram/train system bags even get cut open to get at items just be vigilant
    best wishes mark

Thanks t every one for their information regarding Cubao
    Unfortunately I won't be heading there as the lady I would have visited is now my ex.

Thread Information