Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Kumusta. Can anyone help me? Husband needs to send money to me urgently

Please my husband in UK is trying to get funds to me for my visa applicaton for the 18th feb. How can he do so, western union only allow 800 UK pounds but he needs to send atleast 1200 uk pounds. He tried orbit but they want signed passport etc but he is desperate. He wants to pay on his uk credit card to my bank here in philippines. Please any help I will cry for.

western union only allow 800 UK pounds
    Strange,they allowed me to send £1000+ not so long ago

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

i understand by western union it is available almost imediatly, can he not send in 2 parts, 800 today and 400 tomorrow, you can collect it in cash at any western union branch, tell your husband the name address of western union branch that you wish to collect from, once you collect you can put into your bank

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Strange,they allowed me to send £1000+ not so long ago
    might possibly they limit that amount if he paying by credit card ?

Hi Tawi2. its true, the max he can send in 3 days is 800 uk pounds. he thinks its because although he is registered with w/u he has not sent signed passport copy like orbit need

i understand by western union it is available almost imediatly
    Money in minutes service,but I have sent more than 800 quid in one go from WU
    Heres a copy-and-paste from their website

Sending from United Kingdom: Senders must present an acceptable document(s) showing evidence of identity for amounts over £600.
    For amounts of £2,000 and over, Senders must present 2 forms of acceptable document(s) showing evidence of identity (see details below).
    All AMEX locations will only accept cash up to $1,000 US dollars or local equivalent. Any higher amount sent will have to be paid using an alternative payment method (card or check).
    Identification will be required for every transfer.
    Transfers sent from United Kingdom cannot include a Test Question for payout without identification.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

He needs two forms of ID to send over 2k,he is sending less,I sent about 1500 and just showed my passport.

yes imagine, thats the reason. he is paying by credit card and they limit the amount to 800 uk pounds, im stuck and so is he

w/u limit is 800 pounds in 3 days

you will find that with all the companies as they need proof of the persons id due to the money laundering regulations I use a company called coinstar i can send if i want up to £3000 for a free of £5 they do direct bank deposits or cash pick up at any BDO branch
    As life is to live so love is to give

Tell him to send 3-400 at a time,two transactions,I have sent similar amounts before and had to show no form of ID,its not major league money laundering and such small amounts will be ok,its not exactly a problem,simple to solve

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Tell him to send 3-400 at a time,two transactions,I have sent similar amounts before and had to show no form of ID,its not major league money laundering and such small amounts will be ok,its not exactly a problem,simple to solve
    He's probably trying to send online they have limits when you try that, it's not the same in the shops if you are sending cash.

If he has a Paypal account you could have done it that way but the setup times for the bank will probably be too long. Xoom is now unusable for any non American if you want to send to the Philippines so that route is closed to them too.

Although it will cost he is probably better taking the cash out of his card in the UK and sending WU via a WU shop.

my husband does have a paypal account but he has tried also to send money. Its only for my visa and flight to manila..he is so worried now and is trying everything to get the funds to my account before friday 18th. I think I will have to cancel my visa appt and just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    i understand by western union it is available almost imediatly, can he not send in 2 parts, 800 today and 400 tomorrow, you can collect it in cash at any western union branch, tell your husband the name address of western union branch that you wish to collect from, once you collect you can put into your bank
    My husband is visiting w/u monday and I hope he can do this successfully., thank you for your advice its much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by ViesVies View Post
    Please my husband in UK is trying to get funds to me for my visa applicaton for the 18th feb. How can he do so, western union only allow 800 UK pounds but he needs to send atleast 1200 uk pounds. He tried orbit but they want signed passport etc but he is desperate. He wants to pay on his uk credit card to my bank here in philippines. Please any help I will cry for.
    Thank you all for your help but Im cancelling my visa appt and I will just wait. Thank you all once again

Thank you all for your help but Im cancelling my visa appt and I will just wait. Thank you all once again
    if your hubby pays in at western union shop on monday,you get money to pick up same day,so if he sends monday you still can keep your appointment

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    if your hubby pays in at western union shop on monday,you get money to pick up same day,so if he sends monday you still can keep your appointment
    I will ask him on phone right away to visit w/u tomorrow but I think the max he can send is 800 uk pound and unfortunately visa is almost 800 pounds, i will ask him to try. thank you so much for your reply, im so thankfull

I will ask him on phone right away to visit w/u tomorrow but I think the max he can send is 800 uk pound and unfortunately visa is almost 800 pounds, i will ask him to try. thank you so much for your reply, im so thankfull
    ViesVies, you can still keep your appointment if thats the case he just need to send 800 tomorrow and the balance on Thursday. (800 max 3 days as you say) you can get the money on Thursday and hey presto appointment sorted.
    Where there is a will there is a way....

dont despair, dont give up, it can be done

Respected Member
    How about send half through W.U. and half through Mooneygram available at most post offices in the uk.

He wants to pay on his uk credit card to my bank here in philippines. Please any help I will cry for.
    let your husband do a wire transfer if you have a bank in the Philippines...your husbands bank in the UK will send the money to a corresponding bank in the Philippines and will credit the money thru your account ..it usually takes 2-3 working days and your husband can trace the wire as soon as it leaves his account.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Trusted Member
    I've only ever used moneygramme.

Can be cashed at Equitable Bank in the Phils.

Never had any problems when the ex used to send money to me in the Phils from the UK.

Probably too late now, but another way is to have two debit cards for one account.(Obviously I'd sent one of the cards to her).

That's how I used to send money to the ex from Hongkong, using a separate HSBC account set up purely for money transfers....otherwise she'd be spending ALL my wages !

I put the money in the account in HK, and she drew it out of the ATM in the Phils...simple.

I have good news for every one who replied to me and gave me advice. My husband in UK managed to get money to me for my visa and I have since been to Manila and have now applied. I have to just sit and wait now for my answer. My husband sent all his paperwork from UK and my future is in hands of UK Embassy. Im praying that it wont be long..

I have good news for every one who replied to me and gave me advice. My husband in UK managed to get money to me for my visa and I have since been to Manila and have now applied. I have to just sit and wait now for my answer. My husband sent all his paperwork from UK and my future is in hands of UK Embassy. Im praying that it wont be long..
    Sending all my best wishes for a good result
    Stay calm.

Thank you Terpe, I applied for my visa on the 25 Feb 11 and im nervous as is my husband, we are so worried that some thing might or will go wrong or my visa is refused. My husband sent many documents every thing that was required but im so worried, it will be my luck that my visa is refused. Im praying it wont

Restricted Access
    think postive that will help you big time ..trust me

Thread Information