Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    congratulations sophia i never doubted your visa would be granted fantastic news

Oh well done You didn't have to wait long.
    I don't think they have any diamond mines in the UK though?

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Only in my village where I was 'mined'

CONGRATULATIONS
    Life as we make it

Thank you thank you all

Congratulations Madz/ Sophia Maria, a wonderful outcome for all of you! Whereabouts are you going in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Only in my village where I was 'mined'

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Congratulations Madz/ Sophia Maria, a wonderful outcome for all of you! Whereabouts are you going in the UK?
    Hi Rosie, thank you again My hubby lives in Tenterden Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    congratulations sophia i never doubted your visa would be granted fantastic news
    Thank you Steve, yea after all the disappointments, stresses & struggles to get everything done and a long long wait, it was all paid off!!....I shed some tears of joy the moment I saw my visa
    Thank you again for the support you've given to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Maybe its about time for us to open a diamond mine there, so hubby can resign & live with us for good

Quote Originally Posted by sophiamarie View Post
    Hi all, I've got one question.....
    I'm a bit confused and not sure the reason behind as I got no explanation or a letter of approval whatsoever!...I noticed that my visa states that I have 0 dependant??? But I have a daughter....is it going to a problem when I get to the passport control in the UK? Has it got something to do with "being a spouse with no recourse to public funds"?? But she is a British citizen who is entitled to all the benefits she ought to get....

Thanks in advance!!
    because you didn't apply for a settlement visa for her ( no need to as she has a brit pass port) but if she didnt have a brit passport you would have had to apply for a settlement visa for her, and it would have said on your visa 1 dependent.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

i see your in laguna Sophiamarie , what part ? i spent many happy days over the years living at my misses place in San Pedro
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    because you didn't apply for a settlement visa for her ( no need to as she has a brit pass port) but if she didnt have a brit passport you would have had to apply for a settlement visa for her, and it would have said on your visa 1 dependent.
    Thank you for more infos Joe, its a bit clearer for me now appreciate it....hubby & I realized how favorable it was for us to have made the right decision of getting her British passport 1st & foremost before they sent me home!!...well apart from the thought of having to get her Philippine passport 1st at the Philippine embassy in London...
    Could have been a nightmare if we also had to apply for another set of settlement application for her

We are in Bińan, just close to Pavilion Mall...to be exact in Jubilation county....

Hi there Sophiamarie,

I would like to say many congratulations on getting your spousal visa!! Safe travelling and I hope you can get used to the weather here!! might be a little bit of a shock for you!

I hope in the future to start applying for a spousal visa also, so hopefully you won't dissappear from this forum so you can help with my questions.

We are in Bińan, just close to Pavilion Mall...to be exact in Jubilation county....
    my wife went to Perpetual help in binan for more than 5yrs

Quote Originally Posted by steve monty View Post
    Hi there Sophiamarie,

I would like to say many congratulations on getting your spousal visa!! Safe travelling and I hope you can get used to the weather here!! might be a little bit of a shock for you!

I hope in the future to start applying for a spousal visa also, so hopefully you won't dissappear from this forum so you can help with my questions.
    Hi steve monty, promise I won't disappear to this forum cuz I also need some advise for ILR before my 2 yr spouse visa expires!.....Anyway, thanks, I should rather say that I miss the UK weather though

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    my wife went to Perpetual help in binan for more than 5yrs
    Awww, my sister goes here too....so whereabouts in Pinas do you reside now?
    Last edited by sophiamarie; 6th February 2011 at 05:10. Reason: spelling, missing some words

Awww, my sister goes here too....so whereabouts in Pinas do you reside now?
    most of my misses family now lives in Puerto Princesa

Congratulations Sophiamarie.

Im about to apply for my spouse visa, just passed the english test. Husbands about to send documents to me but hes struggling on the letter in invitation and what to write. Do you think that 6 months bank statements, 7 months payslips, mortgage statements, utility bills, 1 years phone bill statements to prove he calls me daily, copy of his birth certificate, copy of his passport and his visit to the phils, his nhs number is sufficient. He has photo copied everything and is sending the originals except for passport and birth certificate. I told him he might need all this but I now think I have gone a bit too far..lol
    Congratulations once again and any advice you may give me will be really appreciated. We married in Aug09 and we have waited so long to be together..

one thing, how long did your visa take, im hoping to join my husband in march..im so happy that its happening at last

when are you applying for your spouse visa, Im about to apply for mine, just sat the english test and got good result. Im so excited that i can join my husband but hes struggling on what to write in his letter of invitation for me, any ideas?

hope you may help

Quote Originally Posted by ViesVies View Post
    Congratulations Sophiamarie.

Im about to apply for my spouse visa, just passed the english test. Husbands about to send documents to me but hes struggling on the letter in invitation and what to write. Do you think that 6 months bank statements, 7 months payslips, mortgage statements, utility bills, 1 years phone bill statements to prove he calls me daily, copy of his birth certificate, copy of his passport and his visit to the phils, his nhs number is sufficient. He has photo copied everything and is sending the originals except for passport and birth certificate. I told him he might need all this but I now think I have gone a bit too far..lol
    Congratulations once again and any advice you may give me will be really appreciated. We married in Aug09 and we have waited so long to be together..
    Hi ViesVies, thank you Will pm you my hubby's sponsorship/personal letter for you to get some idea at least would be less problem for you, no worries will also include the cover & my personal letters.
    Important: copies of his passport & birth certificate should be testified (have to ask a solicitor to do it)...also don't forget to include all the stamp pages of his passport too not just the ID page!...
    All mentioned supporting documents is ok....you're getting there, just make sure to double check, go through one by one to make sure you don't miss anything
    Everything happens for a reason, yet God makes impossible things POSSIBLE!

btw got mine in just 8 days!!!!..
    Jan 25 - lodged my application, got a text same day that it has been forwarded to the British Embassy
    Jan 30 - got another text informing that it has been forwarded to the British High Commission under process
    Feb 03 - got another text saying that it has been processed and forwarded to courier...

I should say that no one can tell exactly as to "how long you have to wait", my impression is, if you have all the complete supporting documents + other relevant docs + photocopies provided (a very straight forward application), then there shouldn't be any reason for your application to put "on hold"... I would have thought mine would have taken a bit longer the fact that its their peak season...
    Good luck to your application again

heloo again sophiamarie its abby,is testifying my bf birth certificate and his passport copies pages by a solicitor is the same as certifying the said documents by a lawyer? is ethier way acceptable to the british embassy? becuase i read a post before theres are being certified by a lawyer so im a bit confused is these two procedure is the same. thnks

Yea certify/testify by a lawyer or solicitor is the same, just using different terms

wow thnks for the quick reply sophi,now im not confused anymore hehehe and thnks for the new info solicitor/lawyer is the same,though its not stated in the cheklist that these documents have to be certified but i guess it helps to shortend the pocess,may i ask if did you considerd your birth certificate have it sealed with a red ribbon at the DFA? i read some post that they did not considered this procedure and still got there visa,do you think these is necessary, for a read ribbon seal is expensive and time consuming.Im still in the process of gathering the documents for my fiancee visa aplication once everything is ok then i will submit to vfs.

hi,about solicitor certifying doccuments, for him is it just his passport ? and where a uk solicitors or solicitor in philipines, and is this nessacery ?

Hi Abby, its only a pleasure!!... re: birth certificate, you don't need to have it sealed with red ribbon, for as long it is on a security paper from the NSO (meaning authenticated copy)....

Hi imagine, it so happened that I had my hubby's passport...so what I did was just made photocopies and have them attested/certified here in the Philippines!..

Mind you, you can't have the photocopies certified without its original!! so if only photocopies to be sent off from the UK, make sure to have them certified before sending them on post

I have experienced these issues myself in the past....hope this helps

more clarification: her partner is going to send the photocopies of his passport & birth certificates only, so these should be certified!...otherwise, all photocopies with the originals - no need to have them certified

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information