Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006

Property Insurance in RP (advice and sugggestions please)

Hi,
    I have just searched (but as usually I did not get anything) on property insurance in RP.

We are just on the point of signing the contact to complete the purchase a house in Tayay Rizal.

We would appreciate any advice / suggestions regarding house and contents insurance.

Thanks Guys. John

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    Hi,
    I have just searched (but as usually I did not get anything) on property insurance in RP.

We would appreciate any advice / suggestions regarding house and contents insurance.

Thanks Guys. John
    I personally not use one,but one of my clients does ,so here's the link and hope it helps.
    http://www.malayan.com/homeprotect.html
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Respected Member
    Thanks Sars, I have sent an email requesting info.

May i ask why you don't use an insurance company?

Respected Member
    Any more suggestions please ?

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    you can get house insurance with any philippine bank try bpi ,bdo ,metro bank
    if you are not happy with quotes from them try peoples general insurance

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    Thanks Sars, I have sent an email requesting info.

May i ask why you don't use an insurance company?
    Everybody just prays instead, seriously

I tried to look for even just contents insurance (we rent) but it was very hard to find any insurance at all. On the odd occasion I found anywhere offering any kind of home insurance, they might cover fire but things like earthquake and volcano's were excluded

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    , they might cover fire but things like earthquake and volcano's were excluded
    and acts of family
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member
    My email to:- http://www.malayan.com/homeprotect.html after six days, has not produced even a reply.

The final contact was signed this weeks so now we need the cover.

Thanks Stef, I will follow up on your suggestions.

Banned
    Last edited by Steve.r; 26th February 2011 at 16:31. Reason: Post removed and member banned due to non compliance with T&C's

Respected Member
    Olivia,
    Thanks you for the info.

I am in communication with 'Malayan' but they are extremely slow in replying to my emails, and when I call the "person I need to speak to" is never there, but we are progressing (I hope).

Respected Member
    If you are struggling with insurance then maybe my gf can help you with some advice.
    She previously worked for Prudential in Butuan and still has regular visits in the office there.

Maybe she has some good information or contacts to offer.

Just pm her ,aka bambi

Respected Member
    I was recommend by someone here to : andynisbet@omnibrokers.com and today I sent an email conforming that I will be taking up their offer.

Thanks to everybody who offered advice.

hi john,,,if you are still having problems we can help you,,,as my sister inlaw works with insurance company in makati city,,let us know and we will pass on her email address,,,this is what i like about this site everyone is friendly and very helpful

Respected Member
    Keeperlite, thanks but we have 'done the deed' and are now insured, but thanks for the info, I have made a note for future reference,.

As you say this forum is friendly.

I also visit British Expats forum, it is not the same. A lot of back-biting and personal attacks, also if one dares to disagree with an 'old timer' or moderator they are quick to ban you from the site.

Thanks to all who make this site so good.

Your welcome John
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

hi
    wow a very serious but often overlooked topic
    serious advice here i would appreciate to
    fire is always the biggest risk watch the news there fires are common and often horrendous mostly caused by electrical faults i use the word faults very reluctantly has any one looked closely at the way the places are generally wired up
    not even an earth system exists crazy and every join in the wiring is just simply taped up with there good old "scotch tape"
    so any reliable companies offering at least building insurance would be great
    best wishes mark

Any one here experienced making a claim? how did it go?
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Thread Information